Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

De La Hoya - Forbes

cjcdaman

the reason i say Oscar should've finished him is because Forbes is really a 130lb fighter. Oscar has knocked out guys as high as 154lbs. Oscar is known for his power, Forbes was there for a purpose.

i find it funny how the commentators criticize floyd for goin the distance with someone like Carlos Baldomir (who outweighed floyd by 20lbs on fight night), yet congratulate DLH for goin the distance against and inflated Lightweight in Forbes

I think the answer to that is obvious - he's 35, and by his own admission is in the last year of his career. Couple that with the fact that he's had a legendary career, has earned hundreds of millions of dollars and doesn't have to risk himself anymore - I think he gets a pass at times. And probably deserves one :) All that being said, he looked good tonight - he fought a solid fight against a solid opponent.

Stewart is the Mike Irvin of boxing (great on the field, homer on the screen). He had shots to finish this guy by TKO. He did not, not even close. That is the root of my tentative response.

He is considered one of the best, and fought in a warm up fight...until the last bell rang. It's not supposed to be that way.

Who says? I thought the intent of a warm-up fight was to get the most prep time possible out of it? I'm not saying he 'could've knocked the guy out anytime he wanted to' - Forbes was tough - but they chose him for a reason. There were more vulnerable fighters they could have put Oscar in the ring with if all they were interested in was making him look good.

And Oscar won every round on 1 judges scorecard, all but one on the rest. Thats a pretty dominant performance, and that was the judge's assessment, not Emanuel Stewart's. I just think you're being a little hyper-critical.

We'll find out down the road if Oscar's still got a great fight left in him.

Enjoyed the fight, Oscar looked good, jab was nasty and his left hook still has some punch behind it. Forbes is a gamer, I dont think anyone thought DLH was going to knock him out. Exciting fight though for not having a knockdown, Oscar is still the biggest draw in boxing.

I could care less about the next Mayweather fight as I dont think he cares about the sport anymore but I hoping Oscar takes the Cotto fight, that is going to be a brawl.

Boring fight. Neither one of them landed a shot worth seeing again. De La Hoya was fast, good combinations, in control the entire fight, but didn't connect on a lot of flurries that looked good for the crowd. Mostly he was punching Forbes' gloves.

Yawn.

~Bang

Steve Forbes fought the best fight of his career against a man that is naturally a whole lot bigger and stronger than him. Oscar tried very hard on 3-4 occasions to put Steve away and could not. On each occasion, Forbes answered with combos that would have KOed someone that belonged in the weight class.

Oscar didn't have any "trouble" with Forbes at all but he couldn't put him away and got duped into taking some shots that Cotto and Mayweather would drop him with. I root for De La Hoya in almost all of his fights so I'm not being a hater. I just think he should have shown more last night if he's looking at Cotto or Mayweather for his final fight.

Guest sith lord
I remember when Felix Sturm put a whi-hi-HIPPING on Oscar and the judges gave DLH the fix.

I remember that. They weren't gonna mess with the De La Hoya/Hopkins match that was planned.

Archived