Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW's Narwocki Grades the 2008 Draft

doncherry

What was the pukes' most critical need? Answer: #2 WR.

according to you.

#4 ranked passing offense

#17 rankes rushing offense

#13 ranked passing defense

#6 ranked rushing defense

IMO, our biggest needs were at CB and RB and stats seem to back that up.

If you take a closer look, the team had only 12 runs longer than 20 yards (NFL high was 21, and NFL low was 4).

Then if we look at what was said by Skin fans posters here in the ATN, we heard our secondary knocked far more than our recievers.

It's unfortunate. All the eagles needed was one big bodied receiver. The game plan last year was to press the eagles WR's at the line and you could fuddle their passing game thus making them one dimensional.

Instead of grabbing a Sweed or Kelly, or even signing a Johnson or Hackett, Reid continues to think his version of the WCO can live without one large WR in spite of the visual evidence of what a TO did for their game.

Don't get me wrong, no one has stolen Donny's crown as of yet. Eli, Tony, and certainly not Jason are the best QB in the division (probably, you could take that as the true 2,3,4 after Donovan).

If the eagles would give their star QB even one big body to throw to, they might be able to maintain their streak of success. Alas, such is not the case.

Once again, folks will cover their WR's the same as Jackson, and as he learns and develops and by the time he comes around, Donovan will have gone the way of the Dodo and they'll be starting over with Kolb at the helm.

Still, a good draft for the Phillies. Anytime you can get a future #1, it's a good thing. I just hope drafting Laws over a large WR doesn't haunt them once again. Then again, I hope it does.

Do you have a #2 WR? Answer: No.

Your draft was a failure.

Do you have a #2 WR? Answer: Yes. Crayton showed last season last year he could be a solid #2 to TO or TG could still be a very good #2 option. The Cowboys have options at #2 WR but only have one #1 WR. TO goes down and they don't have another #1 WR to be "the man".

What was the pukes most critical need? Answer: #3 CB

It was generally accepted the primary need was at CB.

If you want to say the Boys draft was a failure in that they didn't get a WR you would be correct. Virtually every team in the NFL had needs they wanted to address going into the draft that went unmet. So technically you could say every team's draft was a failure in some way.

You stated someone wrong about a draft class is an "ass clown". Duly noted.

Do you have a #2 WR? Answer: Yes. Crayton showed last season last year he could be a solid #2 to TO or TG could still be a very good #2 option. The Cowboys have options at #2 WR but only have one #1 WR. TO goes down and they don't have another #1 WR to be "the man".

If you want to say the Boys draft was a failure in that they didn't get a WR you would be correct. Virtually every team in the NFL had needs they wanted to address going into the draft that went unmet. So technically you could say every team's draft was a failure in some way.

Sorry, but Crayton is not the answer. If he was you'd have at the very least advanced in the playoffs. The reality is, that while dallas crushed on offense, their defense and special teams were too much of a liability to carry them to the promised land. Jerry Jones is relying on the concept that Glenn will be that #2 and/or that he upgraded other aspects of the team enough to compensate. He certainly did nothing to take the heat off of Witten/Owens otherwise.

Did he? Possibly. If you believe that the rest of the NFC East held serve while the boys went ahead.

The Cowboys definitely answered one of their biggest concerns by drafting 2 CB's that fit their system well and taking a chance on Pacman (although I feel this will blow up in their face).

Dallas also answered their RB need even though I think there was a better way of doing so.

They also filled a self-created need in drafting a TE to replace the backup they traded away.

They failed to pick up a big WR when one presented itself, an answer for RW and a backup QB. :2cents:

Sorry, but Crayton is not the answer. If he was you'd have at the very least advanced in the playoffs. The reality is, that while dallas crushed on offense, their defense and special teams were too much of a liability to carry them to the promised land. Jerry Jones is relying on the concept that Glenn will be that #2 and/or that he upgraded other aspects of the team enough to compensate. He certainly did nothing to take the heat off of Witten/Owens otherwise.

Did he? Possibly. If you believe that the rest of the NFC East held serve while the boys went ahead.

You blame Crayton and then the next sentence say the dallas offense rocked and the the defense and special teams were too much of a liability for the offense. Which is it Crayton or the defense/special teams?

Crayton is an ok #2 WR as long as he has a superior #1 like TO and Witten to help take the heat off of him. I think you'll see F. Jones involved more in the passing game than previous RBs which will also require less of Crayton.

They failed to pick up a big WR when one presented itself, an answer for RW and a backup QB. :2cents:

They have more of a need for a WR that can stretch the field to take pressure off T.O. than just a "big receiver".

Unfortunately for the Cowboys, the answer for RW will likely be releasing him after next season when they can afford the salary cap hit. I'm not too worried about Hamlin, Watkins, and Courteney Brown.

But I do agree about the #2 QB. Brad Johnson isn't the answer, IMO.

Do you think they deserved an A?

B+, all things considered (includes trades which netted a 3rd and 4th in 2009).

Nonetheless, if you ask tr1, it was an F- and he had an excellent piece from a stellar publication to back his stance.

But other than that, havent seen much else.

The Skins are having the best off-season in 10 years. What's really going on is this: Dan Snyder is hated around the nation. As a result, this guy who wrote the article doesn't dare write about the high-powered offense that is brewing in Washington. Oh no....they don't even want to think about this kind of possibility. Oh, and the fact that the Skins have been a playoff team 2 out of the last 3 seasons matters nothing to jerks like this guy...

Skins are having a GOOD offseason.

No FA moves, losing Gibbs, Williams and the others, and having a nice draft can't make it the best offseason in 10 years.

And if it does, that's not a great thing.

Regardless, this offseason stayed "good" when the Bengals turned down the Snyder's insane offer of 2 1st rounders for Ocho-Cinco.

Had that deal been made, it wouldve been the worst offseason in 10 years.

And they did.

Do you have a #2 WR? Answer: No.

Your draft was a failure.

They did just fine without a bonafide #2 last season.

Not too worried, but thanks for thinking of us. As always.

They did just fine without a bonafide #2 last season.

Not too worried, but thanks for thinking of us. As always.

Really? I think a legit #2 would have made that catch in the playoffs...

Really? I think a legit #2 would have made that catch in the playoffs...

I'd say 9 times out of 10 most recievers in the NFL, not just starters catch that pass. He ****** up. Same could be said for TO back in 2006 with all his drops, but I don't think anyone would say he's not a #1

If Crayton is a legit #2, then so is Randle El.

Actually, I think Randle El does make a decent #2. That being said, if I remember correctly, in a Zorn style offense, there seems to be less of a distinction between a #1, #2..and so on. Randle El is going to be a good fit in Zorn's offense, IMO.

If Crayton is a legit #2, then so is Randle El.

I actually think both players are a push, but have different strengths. Also what hurts each player, is the skins need a reciever more like Crayton as a #2, while we need a reciever more like Randle-El as a #2

I actually think both players are a push, but have different strengths. Also what hurts each player, is the skins need a reciever more like Crayton as a #2, while we need a reciever more like Randle-El as a #2
Prior to the draft I would have agreed with you, I think the Redskins are set now.

Archived