Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell's Senior Season at Auburn (WCO) Stats

RonYoungEra

I think the opposite about Campbell basically I think Campbell is the anti-Ramsey, He is a bit weak on arm strength but his decision making most of the time is good (aside for a few big mistakes).

Huh? are we talking about the same JC?

This topic has been posted several times. The stats are misleading his senior year at Auburn. This was the year of the two headed tail back, Brown and Williams. The offense was run heavy with the occasional mixed in PA. This was not your typical WCO.

I'm hoping that once JC gets to know Zorn's offense the timing of the horizontal offense will come back to him since that is the system he had always ran.

This is almost exactly what Jason said in his interview today. He said Zorn's offense is very close to the offense he ran at Auburn. Some new points to learn but not a lot and he expects to be able to get into the rhythm of the offense quickly. Interview is at redskins.com

You are still trying to compare JC to Young and Montana. That is an insult to both of those qb's.

All I'm saying is he hasn't done anything to show me that he has what it takes to be an elite qb.

We reached for him in the draft.

He was decent in college - because - well - it's college.

The game is much faster at this level. The window to throw the ball is significantly smaller.

Campbell is the worst thing that has happened to this franchise as of late. Even the Mark Brunnell signing was a better move. Campbell essentially cost us two firsts plus more. The one we spent on him, and the one we gave the Broncos.

I'm just praying that we can at least get some David Garrad-like production out of Campbell--not a whole lot of touchdowns or yardage, but very very few mistakes. If this would happen I would be ecstatic.

This topic has been posted several times. The stats are misleading his senior year at Auburn. This was the year of the two headed tail back, Brown and Williams. The offense was run heavy with the occasional mixed in PA. This was not your typical WCO.

well then, that explains a lot. but with portis as our back, who is to say this will be a typical WCO?

There is NOTHING weak about Campbell's arm. The guy has a very strong arm.

Campbell's arm is strong, but it is not very strong. He is about middle of the pack in arm strength of the NFL starting QB's. People on here way overrate his arm strength. Ramsey had a stronger arm, and we know how that turned out.

No offense to the OP, but how well does Jason's Senior year with Auburn's WCO predict how he does with Zorn's WCO in the NFL?

For example, those Senior year stats don't reflect how well Jason could have performed as the central piece of the offense, because he was not the primary weapon. Auburn's offense was loaded -- with TWO great running backs that demanded most of opposing teams attention. As well, Auburns' O-line was very talented, and WRs were considered to be very good. In short, Campbell had a lot of talent around him, and he didn't have to take the team on his back.

As for the NFL, from what I saw last year, Campbell's passing and decisions were still a work in progress. I saw great passes and then some really bad passes. Was the problem Gibbs/Saunders offense? Maybe, maybe not. I observed how Campbell's habit of sailing passes over the middle resulted in Gibbs and Saunders calling for more patterns where the ball was being tossed towards the sidelines. And also it seemed that Campbell seemed uncomfortable with making the quick decisions the Saunders' scheme called for.

Hopefully, this year will be different. Frankly, this is the year Campbell will show whether he should be the teams franchise QB -- or whether he's a QB like Jay Schroeder or Aaron Brooks. Up to now, I haven't seen the coming of the long-awaited franchise QB for the Skins, but I remain hopeful that Campbell could step up to that level.

I love Jason to death, he is this team, but man I have to agree with you. He really has to have a good season . enough excuses, enough passes. I expect 20+ TD's and no more then 11-12 Int's, at least 3500 yards.

JC17 - its your time baby! :point2sky :point2sky

That's reasonable :doh:

How many QBs do that a year? 4? I haven't looked at the stats, but 3500 yards Im pretty sure would automatically get JC into the Pro Bowl. So you're basically saying, "If JC doesn't go to the Pro Bowl this year, he is a bust."

And then the comments about his arm strength and his poise? COME ON! Next people will say that he isn't mobile enough, or he's too tall, or some other ignorant blather that Ive grown so accustomed to reading on this board. Like another poster said, all he needs to work on is his timing with receivers. He couldn't do that last year because his receivers were all hurt. That's it.

Campbell's arm is strong, but it is not very strong. He is about middle of the pack in arm strength of the NFL starting QB's. People on here way overrate his arm strength. Ramsey had a stronger arm, and we know how that turned out.

What the **** does Patrick Ramsey's arm strength have to do with ANYTHING? Good argument. That explains why Dan Marino and John Elway were so terrible.

And Campbell is in the top 10 in arm strength for starting QBs.

I don't see any big "flaws" with JC personally, the only big concern however is his slow release. He definetly has a bit of a "windup," where a half second can make a big difference. It's interesting, and I pointed this out to friends last yr before the media picked up on it.. Romo sits to pee has a lightning fast release, which helps a lot when he has pressuring coming and he needs to throw it away or get it to a receiver. Campbell on the other hand has a bit of a windup, and he tends to hold the ball low at times (which results in fumbles), rather than high and in his chest. These are my only big "concerns" with him.

He proved last year that his poise is top notch, as well as his arm strength and decision making (I think he did a great job). Yes his accuracy is off a little at times, but that's normal. He had ALOT of dropped balls last yr which certainly didn't help instill confidence. Let's hope he pans out this yr, but so far he looks like a solid QB.. Great though? That's a stretch, but so far a good QB, especially after only 2 yrs playing.. :helmet:

This is the ONLY sound criticism of JC Ive seen in the last two weeks. Holds the ball low, has a bit of a windup, and can be inaccurate, but for the most part is not. It didn't help that Santana couldn't catch a ball to save his lffe last year and that JC didn't have a receiver over 6'0.

I think the opposite about Campbell basically I think Campbell is the anti-Ramsey, He is a bit weak on arm strength but his decision making most of the time is good (aside for a few big mistakes).

Huh?

JC has one of the strongest arms in the league, not just for the deep ball but also how hard he throws the ball.

Good comments on Campbell's windup and release. He'll need to do something there too, because DBs were able to react in time to his passes.

Time will tell. Zorn is a good QB coach. If Zorn is not too busy managing the team and overseeing the offense -- he might be able to find a way to show Jason a quicker release.

Archived