Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A good rookie combo:Kelly and Thomas

SkinsAllDay34

We'll see. They look good on paper but there are alot of things that go into a completed pass. Like the QB getting time to throw. And we have some serious holes on the offensive line.

Yup.

All I gotta say is we need some depth badly. I think Heyer can back up Jansen and Samuels again. Fabini can back up at either guard or tackle.

We need a legit backup center. Currently it's Pete Kendall.

Yup...you should be worried....

Also, I'm really glad we picked up the two WR's - Santana has not played a full season in 2 years, and even when he does play, he's nursing some kind of injury. We can't count on him consistently, so we picked up some great youth for insurance. No more Jimmy Farris's and McCardell's...

You guys can rip me if you want but it was a optimistic thought that isnt that unreasonable IMHO.

Rip you? On ExtremeSkins? NEVER!

This is a fair and honest web community...where you can state your opinions, be repetitive (unknowingly), and post numerous threads that have the words "Chad" and "Johnson" in the title.

:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously - I love the their 2nd round maneuvers. Both Tana' and Randle El are good for a 3 game absence...and I'm not so sure I can handle the titanic talents of guys like James Thrash, Jerome Mathis, Anthony Mix, and Billy McMullen in a new "West Coast Offense"...

~ jus' sayin....

I would compare Thomas's playing style to be more like TO... blocks out others on routes/jumps with his body well.

Kelly seems to be a potential Plaxico... he may not run a fast '40, but watch him on game-day. He gets plenty of separation, and despite having bad knees he gets plenty of air on the jump balls.

We have and abundance of youthful talent and depth on a position for once... I am almost speechless.

I wouldn't worry about Thomas being a one year wonder. You can tell he's gonna have success. He's not just catching balls in wide open spaces and sprinting for the endzone. He creates separation, he makes people miss, he stiff arms and he's elusive. He's like a bigger version of Gary Clark. Clark was also really good after he got the ball in his hands in making people miss and he had the moves to create separation for himself to make the catch. I like that Thomas goes after the jumpballs and wins. I like Thomas' speed. I think all of that together will translate into success in the NFL.

Kelly still worries me. I don't think he's gonna be a breakout player even if he stays healthy. If he stays on the field I think he'll be a steady guy and a reliable target, but I don't think he's gonna be a 1000 yard guy. He'll probably hover around 800 yards and 60 catches a year if he really hits his stride. He's never really gonna be a top tier guy in my opinion.

Thomas really is clearly the more talented one as far as I can tell. I know he's had some problems with dropping balls, but I don't think that'll hinder him too much. He may still learn to focus on the catch more as he goes on. Given how raw he still is in route running and getting the nuances down, I think he's still got a lot of room to improve.

I guess we'll see in 3 or 4 years for sure.

In the meantime, I'm glad we got both of them if for nothing else than to push each other to be better.

Yup.

All I gotta say is we need some depth badly. I think Heyer can back up Jansen and Samuels again. Fabini can back up at either guard or tackle.

We need a legit backup center. Currently it's Pete Kendall.

Yup...you should be worried....

Also, I'm really glad we picked up the two WR's - Santana has not played a full season in 2 years, and even when he does play, he's nursing some kind of injury. We can't count on him consistently, so we picked up some great youth for insurance. No more Jimmy Farris's and McCardell's...

Actually I was looking at starters. Jansen shouldnt be starting, he is a liablity. Kendall has bad knees and we dont know how long he will last. Thomas has had 2 major injuries the last 2 years. And you mentioned out depth. Yeah, it could be very ugly.

We'll see. They look good on paper but there are alot of things that go into a completed pass. Like the QB getting time to throw. And we have some serious holes on the offensive line.

Where, the bench? Most NFL teams don't carry 9 starters on the offensive line.

Archived