Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Knowing exactly where the draftees were taken,what picks would you have made instead?

michael_33

#34)Love the pick of Devin Thomas and would not change a thing...Specially since he was the #1 WR in the draft!

#48)Calais Campbell DE Miami(pick was Fred Davis TE USC)

Campbell had about as a good of a pro day workout as Malcolm Kelly,but has freakish physical attributes...This 6'8" 275+ lb DE,could have anchored the other side for years...He was snatched up as soon as we took Fred from the Arizona Cardinals and it's possible we were targeting him and dropped the ball when thinking he would drop to us at #51 here!Now Arizona has him and Alan Branch who they stole last year in the 2nd round as well!(I'm still very happy regardless anyways) ;)

#51)Malcolm Kelly...But lets pretend for a second that kelly gets snatched up by Arizona at #50 (eagles took Desean Jackson WR at #49..)since Calais Campbell would be taken by us...So if Kelly is off the board,that forces us to make a different pick right?Well...guess who is sitting there for us at #51 that was taken by Pittsburgh at #53...That's right...Limas Sweed! ;) out of Texas...(assuming we take another reciever for Zorn...)

All the other picks are cool with me!So our draft would look like this....

#34)Devin Thomas WR Michigan=Awesome Pick!best WR in Draft...

#48)Calais Campbell DE Miami=Would really have helped us!

#51)Limas Sweed WR Texas=50/50 split between him&Kelly on this board!

#96)Chad Rinehar OL N.Iowa=Love this pick!Said to be best lineman in Div.2...

#124)Justin Tryon CB Arizona St.=Unsure about him!

#168)Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech=Love this Pick!Best punter in draft...From what I understand...Ray Guy took this kid under his wing... :)

#180)Kareem Moore S Nichols St.=Unsure about him!

#186)Colt Brennon QB Hawaii=IMO...Our best Pick and smartest pick!

#242)Rob Jackson DE kansas St.=Unsure about him!

#249)Chris Horton S UCLA=Unsure about him!

But overall...I'm very happy and I hope now that Calais Campbell is a bust since we play the Cardinals...But if there are any cracks in our AWESOME draft,passing on Campbell for Davis would be it...IMO

Fred Davis better be a freakin' Stud! :cheers:

I am very happy, and at this point willing to believe that the Skins have done their assessment work well. I see nothing but upside for the offense via the draft, given the amount of high quality weapons we have added (for either depth or to put some serious coverage issues on the field for opposing defenses).

I love the punter. That guy alone will win us some games, given we had a number of close ones last year (and the year before, etc.) that with a better punt, the other team doesn't get close enough to score the winning points.

Nobody consistently drives out of their own endzone for a score.

:point2sky

#34)Devin Thomas WR Michigan=Awesome Pick!best WR in Draft...

#48)Calais Campbell DE Miami=Would really have helped us!

#51)Limas Sweed WR Texas=50/50 split between him&Kelly on this board!

#96)Chad Rinehar OL N.Iowa=Love this pick!Said to be best lineman in Div.2...

#124)Justin Tryon CB Arizona St.=Unsure about him!

#168)Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech=Love this Pick!Best punter in draft...From what I understand...Ray Guy took this kid under his wing... :)

#180)Kareem Moore S Nichols St.=Unsure about him!

#186)Colt Brennon QB Hawaii=IMO...Our best Pick and smartest pick!

#242)Rob Jackson DE kansas St.=Unsure about him!

#249)Chris Horton S UCLA=Unsure about him!

Changes from your picks..

I'd still take Kelly over Sweed. I would not have taken Rob Jackson. a 260 pound DE that cant rush the passer? No freakin way. I not only wouldnt have drafted him, I wouldnt sign him as a UDFA. I'd would have picked Eric Young there (Guard/Tackle U. Tenn).

I really like this thread and hope to have time later to add who I wanted and where. It will be a great thread to look back at in two years and see how we would do. The players I was high on that dropped where Dre Moore, Tyvon Branch (CB or S), Marvin Harrison DT, Woodward (LB) and I am pretty sure I would have taken Erinn Henderson (LB) in the seventh. I will put my results in later when I have time.

You really cannot argue against what we did with the first three picks. Perhaps we could have targeted someone like Kellen Davis later on instead of Davis before all the subsequent trade downs. The more I look at it, the more I understand and like the first three picks. It would have been nice to get Merling at #34 but so be it.

#96 I think I would have gone after CB Tyvon Branch instead.

#124 I would have tried to get LB Brian Kehl like the Giants did when they traded up to #123 to snag him.

#187 I know they were looking for a QB but I would have selected OC John Sullivan.

I would have tried to trade up for DE Brian Johnston instead of taking Jackson or Horton.

Overall though I thought we had a very successful draft and I like two of the UFA's we've signed so far on the OL.

Archived