Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Bucs are talking to Miami/Taylor for a 2nd,then the Skins should make offer...

michael_33

As you know the Bucs are offering their 2nd rounder straight up for Jason Taylor....After we rejected an offer to get him with our 21st pick....

Then why can't we offer them a trade down with Miami..?

I sure as hell don't want to give up our 1st rounder for Taylor,but I would love to have him if the deal was right...!

Trade down to the Dolphins 32nd pick for our 21st pick(miami gets the 1st rounder they want)we just move down 11 spots like the Front office wants too anyways....

That's a value of a 2nd rounder right there,equaling the bucs offer...

We can even up the deal with our 5th rounder to boot,to solidify the deal....!

That still leaves us with 32nd,51st,84th,96th,177th,210th,242nd and 249th...plus Jason Taylor at DE...

Then I would grab the best available DE or WR off the board with that 32nd pick in the 2nd round...Perhaps either Calais Campbell or Malcolm Kelly....?

Lets say it was Calais Campbell...We could groom him behind Jason Taylor till he retires which will be with a couple years and Campbell could replace him!

With that 51st pick,we could take the best available WR there...If there isn't any WR there worthy of the pick,then we can take the BAP and maybe go after Marcus Monk in the later rounds...

We still have two 3rd rounders...we don't have to even take a WR today,but rather on Sunday when rounds 3-7 begin....

Look at tyree for the Giants...the dude was a 7th round pick for gods sakes!!We need a pass rush here!!!

Why?.........34yrs. old.......We need youth.......We already have our share of fossils.

:cheers:

I'll tell you why...

Because taylor can provide us with sacks in 08' along with Carter....We would have Calais Campbell or some DE to come in certain situations and earn playing time,till he becomes the permanent starter...He could rotate with both Carter and Taylor,or what if there's an injury...?Would you like Calais coming in or Daniels trotting on to the field?We would actually have talented Depth for once in 20 years...that's why!

Again...read...trade down to Miami for their 32nd pick...Not trade our 1st....but trade down

Why is this a good move?Because we would avoid reaching for malcolm Kelly in the 1st round....HELL...he might be their with that 32nd pick,if we decide we want him there...

Let me ask you this....would you like Kelly with the 21st pick..........or the 32nd pick.......tick tock tick tock....?

By trading down we avoid the reach and still land Jason Taylor while MAYBE losing a 5th round or lower to make the deal!

........And your telling me you wouldn't do this?

From PFT...

‘SKINS DON’T WANT TAYLOR

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2008, 7:58 a.m.

As usual, the Washington Redskins have a first-round draft pick that they’d prefer not to use. The Miami Dolphins, in turn, have a key veteran defender whom they’d prefer to trade for a first-round draft pick.

And it’s well known that Taylor’s agent, Gary Wichard, is tight with Vinny Cerrato of the Redskins, who has gained more and more influence in the organization.

So it’s a natural fit, right?

Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post reports that the ‘Skins aren’t interested in the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. They simply don’t see him as a “good long-term fit,” says La Canfora.

Wow. The fact that the Redskins are now even looking beyond the current season should be very encouraging for their fans. The team clearly has a need along the defensive line, and NFL teams are now looking to beef up the front four after the Giants parlayed their quartet of quarterback killers into a Super Bowl trophy.

But the irony here is that, while the Redskins don’t see a 33-year-old defensive lineman who still can bring it and who has never been a problem for the Dolphins as a “good long-term fit,” the Redskins are willing to surrender up to two first-round picks and more than $20 million in guaranteed money for a 30-year-old receiver who acts like he’s five.

Wilson!!! This guy only had about 70 plays last year and had 4.5 sacks! If we draft Merling we could slide him in to DT on 3rd down situations and have Carter and Wilson on the outside. Montgomery and Merling could pass rush up the middle.

I'm sorry....but if I'm thinking of drafting Phillip Merling or Malcolm kelly,but what I really want to do is trade out of that spot if I can't land Chad or Boldin.........

The Miami comes to me and want me to give them my 1st round pick for Jason Taylor and I say NO....

Then I decide to counter offer with....."I tell you what Bill...I'll trade down to your 32nd pick in the 2nd round and you can have my 1st rounder at 21.....(which is good value Bill).....it equals what the Bucs are offering you right?....Then I'll throw in a 5th rounder to seal the deal and let you get someone there BILL,would that be OK...Bill"?

If he says yes...then I'm ALL over this deal!!Period!

Miami gets their 1st rounder (21) we get a stud in Jason Taylor for probably dbl digit sacks for 2 years or more while only truly losing a 5th rounder....

Dropping 11 spots in the 1st,when there wasn't anything there anyways....And still landing Campbell,Kelly or whoever I was targeting in the 1st as well!!(with that 32nd pick)

You guys are rediculously CRAZY,if this deal doesn't sound good to you!!lol

you know what, he does have a point. I wouldn't be upset if the skins made this trade. They would probably still be able to get a player they are targeting at a position of need. I doubt Miami would do this, though. If we aren't crazy about the 21 spot why would they be?

And if this did happen, then our line would be killer, despite being undersized. There's simply no way you would be able to stop Jason Taylor AND Andre Carter every game, and I would expect both to have at least 10+ sacks. As long as we didn't give him a ridiculous new deal, I would be all for having him here for the next 2-3 years.

In theory it sounds good; only because you get something immediate that you are comfortable with..but realistically, we need to be building for the future; not getting older. What would we get from Taylor in terms of service... 2 years top?

He also is scheduled to get some cash as well in his contract. Hell, he made 7.7M in 2006.

Haven't we learned that trading out for older players in this format is a recipe for disaster.

Trust me, there's a reason Parcells wants to move him....

No.

Dude is gonna be 34 years old when the season starts. He's too old. Yeah he had double digit sacks last year, but history shows us that the old vets the skins bring in don't do particularly well. On top of that he's going to ask for a ridiculous salary for his age and after playing in Miami his whole career he's not gonna want to play the cold weather home games in late November/December.

It would be nice to trade down, but Jason Taylor's not worth it.

As long as we didn't give him a ridiculous new deal, I would be all for having him here for the next 2-3 years.

You know they're going to give him an 8 year $50M contract so why hope.

you know what, he does have a point. I wouldn't be upset if the skins made this trade. They would probably still be able to get a player they are targeting at a position of need. I doubt Miami would do this, though. If we aren't crazy about the 21 spot why would they be?

And if this did happen, then our line would be killer, despite being undersized. There's simply no way you would be able to stop Jason Taylor AND Andre Carter every game, and I would expect both to have at least 10+ sacks. As long as we didn't give him a ridiculous new deal, I would be all for having him here for the next 2-3 years.

I think it could appeal to Miami to land that QB they want...If they want Falco,they may need to move up to get him...

It would insure he was dolphin for sure there...Or...maybe they are targeting someone else at that spot...OR...

If they did this before the draft started...they could stock that #21 and other picks to move up for Matt Ryan if they wanted him...(jake long and Matt Ryan in same draft...)

but we would get what we need now. If they took the fifth rounder, would that be mortgaging our future? I don't think so. I think this would be a steal for the redskins.

5th rounder is not mortgaging the future.... but Miami is looking for a 1st to go along with it...

I look at it this way.....Lets say we only had Taylor for 2 years...?

Us trading down to the 32nd spot, is the same value if not better than the Bucs 2nd rounder this year...

If we offered a 5th or 6th or maybe they take a 7th rounder...who knows...?

But lets say its a 5th cause I wouldn't do more than that anyways...What are the odds that the 5th rounder we gave to Miami for the taylor deal,would even make the cut this year..?

Hell...we draft QB Palmer with the 6th and he's gone already...

Would you rather draft a Palmer or have Jason Taylor at DE for 2 seasons while Calais Campbell is in the wings to take over when he's gone(taking him with that 32nd pick)?

and we could still land a Hardy maybe with that 51st pick as well...getting that big reciever we need if they wanted him there and he was available...

If not...no bigee...we grab a WR with one of our two 3rds or even later like a MONK in the 6th if there... maybe jordy Nelson with that 3rd like everyone wants...

All doing this without paying out 1st round money, with the exception of re-doing Jason Taylors deal...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/25/AR2008042503525.html

Redskins Notes: The Redskins rejected the Miami Dolphins' overtures to trade defensive end Jason Taylor, according to league sources. Miami is seeking draft picks in exchange for the NFL's 2006 defensive player of the year, but the Redskins are not interested in Taylor, 33. . . .

There's simply no way you would be able to stop Jason Taylor AND Andre Carter every game, and I would expect both to have at least 10+ sacks.

When's the last time a team had two double-digit sack guys on the D-line in the same season? Careful, Joe Hyperbole.

But the irony here is that, while the Redskins don’t see a 33-year-old defensive lineman who still can bring it and who has never been a problem for the Dolphins as a “good long-term fit,” the Redskins are willing to surrender up to two first-round picks and more than $20 million in guaranteed money for a 30-year-old receiver who acts like he’s five.

Well written by PFT there -- but I think it tells us that Snyder hasn't learned much but that maybe, just maybe, Vinny has. JLC says Snyder's behind the interest in WRs. If there's a WR move, it's Al Davis' -- ooops -- Danny Boy's fault.

No....but if his cap is ridiculous this year,you know our cap geniuses will restructure it...to make it cap friendly as we always do...lol :)

Our cap genius won't allow for a deal like this to go down to begin with. Good thing he rejected it already. ;)

Archived