Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Bucs are talking to Miami/Taylor for a 2nd,then the Skins should make offer...

michael_33

When's the last time a team had two double-digit sack guys on the D-line in the same season? Careful, Joe Hyperbole.

Justin Tuck, NYG : 10 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/players/justintuck/profile?id=TUC056287)

Osi Umenyiora, NYG: 13 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/players/osiumenyiora/profile?id=UME444955)

...and Strahan had 9 last year (http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelstrahan/profile?id=STR122552)

So, what were you saying?

Worst idea of the off season. You are willing to give a 1st and a 5th for a guy who might have about 1 or 2 more productive years in him?

I am so glad you are not in the FO. I cant even get my head around it. Its that bad and does not make ANY sense.

The only way I would get him here (not that I am even remoteley interested) would be a fourth (which no longer have) so that slides to a fifth.

Taylor does not have it anymore. Let him go the Pats...

Worst idea of the off season. You are willing to give a 1st and a 5th for a guy who might have about 1 or 2 more productive years in him?

I am so glad you are not in the FO. I cant even get my head around it. Its that bad and does not make ANY sense.

The only way I would get him here (not that I am even remoteley interested) would be a fourth (which no longer have) so that slides to a fifth.

Not give our first swap our first with their second. we would only be dropping 11 spots.

Seriously dude...can you read?(Edit:thank you for finally reading the original thread...)

Go back and read the original thread.....then come back and edit your ridiculous reply and tell me,when I said anything about trading our 1st and 5th for Jason Taylor?

Justin Tuck, NYG : 10 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/players/justintuck/profile?id=TUC056287)

Osi Umenyiora, NYG: 13 sacks (http://www.nfl.com/players/osiumenyiora/profile?id=UME444955)

...and Strahan had 9 last year (http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelstrahan/profile?id=STR122552)

So, what were you saying?

thanks. You beat me to the punch on that one.

And not to mention the Packers had Kampman with 12 and Gbaja-Biamila with 9.5 last year as well.

Seriously dude...can you read?

Go back and read the original thread.....then come back and edit your ridiculous reply and tell me,when I said anything about trading our 1st and 5th for Jason Taylor?

About time. I'm not sold on the idea but I do see your point and what your saying. People need to slow down and understand what they are reading.

I should say again for those that never read the original thread and start blabbering...

Ok...!The Redskins have the 21st pick in the 1st round...right?

The Dolphins have the 32nd pick in the 2nd round(1st pick in 2nd round,but actually a 1st rounder with the Patriots forfeiting their pick)Right?

What is 32-21...It's 11 right?That's how many spots we would trade down if we were to make that move with miami....

Now....The value of that trade is a 2nd round pick according to the Draft valuue chart...Right?

What are the Bucs offering the Dolphins for Jason Taylor...It's a 2nd round pick...right?

so in reality...that is equal value between us and the bucs on the trade offer...right?

Now....If we throw in a 5th round pick,that would be a better deal,would you say?

So how many picks do we give away that we will not get a player for and will lose by getting Taylor....that's right....that 1 draft pick...the 5th rounder...

Because we are not giving the Dolphins a 1st rounder...we are simply trading DOWN....to their top 2nd round pick!

So are you guys saying you would rather take Malcolm kelly at @21 and have no Jason Taylor...

OR...would you like to trade down and grab Jason Taylor and still maybe grab Malcolm Kelly....or sweed.....or Hardy....or my dad....your brother....lol with that 32nd pick and have a stud pass rusher...

Does this help some people...?(sorryto be an ass,but damn)

Actually...I'm wrong on something and apologize...the value from the OLD chart is 210 points and is the 76th pick in the 3rd round by trading down to miami....(21st is 800 and the 32 pick is 590)

I don't know what the value is from the new chart,but it may not be a 2nd round pick...(as I have said)

So we would probably have to do a 4th in the 09' draft instead of a 5th in this years according to value that is...That may or may not be too much for a 34 year old jason Taylor...

I would still do it and think he would be worth it....It can't be any worst than trading for Brandon Lloyd....At least we know that Taylor would be on the field and productive,but that's my opinion...

We would still be able to address our needs at 32 and 51....Basically,since we can get our targeted player most likely,it would cost a 4th in 09' OR a 5th this year to have taylor here...I would thing that he would be more productive than a 5th rounder that would be cut by training camp...

Not give our first swap our first with their second. we would only be dropping 11 spots.

I understand that. I still think its a bad idea. 11 great draft prospects are going to be gone before we pick. I highly doubt that Campell or Merling etc... will still be available.

What essentially is being done here is picking up an old an over-priced player. We alreadt have Carter, Wilson and with the 21st we could get another top notch DE/DT that we could possibly have for 10+ years. I dont htink giving that up is worth it... especially for a guy past his prime.

Archived