Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote: Are the Redskins still a premier franchise

Fletch_Lives59

I'd like to think 3 SB wins and 5 SB appearances stand for something.

:applause: :applause: Many are too young to have memories of those seasons. Not me. We'll get it back again. One thing I do know, when the Skins are on a roll, the normally are respected throughout the country. And I feel it had to do w/ the ethic of the team.

It's pretty hard to argue that the Redskins are still a premiere franchise. You know how many NFL teams have appeared in the Super Bowl more recently than the Redskins? How about 20? Almost two-thirds of the league. Here's the list of teams who haven't been to a Super Bowl in the last 16 years:

Bengals

Jets

Lions

Saints

Cardinals

Texans

Jaguars

Vikings

Chiefs

Dolphins

Browns

And...the Redskins. That list above...it's not exactly the class of the league... Ok, well, how about the list of NFL teams that hasn't made it to a conference championship game since 1991? Let's take a gander at that...

Bengals

Browns

Texans

Lions

Cardinals

Redskins

Yep...we're a premiere franchise all right...

Post of the Week :applause:

I agree with the apparent majority here who think that the answer depends on whether the question refers to on-the-field or off-the-field success.

I would say they are a premiere franchise based on history and success in the past. The recent past and present have not been too good, but overall we are like one of the base franchises, such as the Yankees/Celtics/Red Wings of other sports.

Those comparisons make no sense, except for the fact that we're one of the league's oldest franchises. But I don't think that being old makes us premier.

Those teams have all won oodles of titles. We've done quite well, but we don't have nearly as many titles as those teams, and we've never put together any particularly dominant stretches like they have.

WTF is question #4 about? "Better job"?

Well, if you thought that the new coaching hire was stepping into a situation where it would be difficult to win, and the owner would be too much of a pain in the ass, it might be better to be the Giants' DC until a better HC job opened up.

Why the hell is ESPN doing this? The Media attacks on our team are just relentless. They would not do this for any other NFL team guaranteed.

First, they've done it for other teams. At least they didn't ask "Which NFL franchise is in the worst shape?" in ours!

How on earth is this an "attack"? If anything, it makes me happy that they spent attention on us, because I'm far more interested in Redskins content than I'd be in, say, Texans content.

And if you didn't notice, the poll was posted two months ago. I don't know why somebody started a thread about it today, but it's not like ESPN decided to put this up out of the blue; the OP did.

the list of NFL teams that hasn't made it to a conference championship game since 1991? Let's take a gander at that...

Bengals

Browns

Texans

Lions

Cardinals

Redskins

Yep...we're a premiere franchise all right...

Ouch. That's laughing stock material right there.

Ouch. That's laughing stock material right there.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that the Browns are a recent expansion team. So, if you take away the expansion teams (not to mention the two other expansion franchises who did not exist when the Skins last won a Super bowl but who have both made it further than the Skins since)...its just the Bengals, Lions, Cardinals...and the Skins. Over the last decade and a half, the Washington Redskins are one of the five worst franchises in football.

Guest sith lord
:applause: :applause: Many are too young to have memories of those seasons. Not me. We'll get it back again. One thing I do know, when the Skins are on a roll, the normally are respected throughout the country. And I feel it had to do w/ the ethic of the team.

Well then, I guess the Raiders are a premiere franchise .

i would like to say that we are, but my qualification to be a premiere franchise is that players WANT to play for your team- they would gladly leave their team to go to a team that scream history and tradition...i dont see that with the redskins

maybe in a few years if danny boy can turn it around, but in my opinion he has made this team a place where people go for the money, not tradition

4) What's a better job for a coach on the rise next season?

54.7% Head coach of the Redskins

45.3% Defensive coordinator of the Giants

That says it all right there, nobody with a football brain is ever going to be the head coach of the Redskins. NOBODY, because of the 2 idiots we have running the player personnel dept.

4) What's a better job for a coach on the rise next season?

54.7% Head coach of the Redskins

45.3% Defensive coordinator of the Giants

That says it all right there, nobody with a football brain is ever going to be the head coach of the Redskins. NOBODY, because of the 2 idiots we have running the player personnel dept.

Jim Zorn did right?

Well I can tell you this, his name was never mentioned for anotrher head job for a reason. Homgren runs that show, Zorn just touched Hasselbacks butt for encouragement.

premier money wise..otherwise no.

I think Danny both help and hurts equally. In the end failure.

I think Jason has the goods

I think Zorn will only be here 1-2 years. sorry.

Picked Gregg Williams, and Cowher

No to the Playoffs, trying to be realistic though this isn't the place for it.

Archived