Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justify Your Skins Mock Draft Here

elkabong82

If I were drafting for the Skinz, I might think about something like this.

#21 Quentin Groves DE Auburn - Watch his Jr. year and you will see that he might be better then Gholston. He was awsome. If you need pass rusher, go get a pass rusher. This guy is it. According to reports, Heart is fine.

#51 Kenny Phillips S Miami - Lots of people think Phillips with be a 1st rd pick. I don't. I think he will slide. Would be a nice player beside Landry in a Cover2. Everything you need in a Safety. Might actually be able to play CB.

#84 Carl Nicks OT Nebraska - This guy has enough talent to play LT. Will probably project to G. Mean streak. Powerful run blocker, excellent feet, speed and quickness for his size but he will get in trouble.

#96 Marcus Monk WR Arkansas - Can't watch him in his Sr. Yr. Have to watch his Jr. Yr. Knee injury hurt him this year. Prior to that, excellent route runner. Catches everything has better speed then he showed. He is a lagit 4.4 guy. Check his Pro day. He's a perfect WC WR. Actually could fit any offense.

#154 Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St. - Small School product but I've seen him play. He has the skills your looking for to contribute if developed. Good speed and quickness. Needs work but good hip turn and can run with anybody. If he imporves on the little things, he can turn into a nice third CB.

#186 Ezera Butler LB Nevada - This kid has size and he can run. Just a real good pass rusher. Will help immediatly on ST and designated pass rush situations. Again, has all the ability to be very good. Just needs to be developed but a willing ST player and that's what you need in this area of the draft.

#228 Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech - Probably the best Punter in college this year. Mechanically, he's perfect. Excellent hang time, can punt it a ton. Of 144 punts, this guy has put 68 inside the 20. That's almost half. You have to draft him because he won't be available as an UFA

#242 Brian Weatherspoon CB Stillman - You can not run away from this kid. 4.29 type speed. Good hips, good turn, good feet. Needs to put on weight at 175 but at 5-10, he should be able to do that. Real raw, needs to develop his game in every area but has the potential to play in the NFL. Can contribute on Special teams as Gunner or Return man immediatly.

#249 Trevor Scott DE Buffalo - Was a DE at Buffalo but will probably project to OLB in the NFL. Did not play against top comp but has excellent edge speed and quickness. Good motor, never stops playing. Works hard, trains hard. Will immediatly be productive on ST and in a year or two, may grow big enough to be a DE. He's 6-5 257 lbs with a frame to grow. He needs work on technique but athletically, he's all you can ask for. Agilities and strength are off the charts.

UFA Robert Jordan WR California - Played behind Hawkins and Jackson. How good can he be? Don't know but he has good speed and quickness. Has produced when he's had the chance. Good hands, runs good routes.

UFA Brandon Coutu K Georgia - Extremely strong leg. Makes the ones he's supposed to. Has range beyond the 50. Has kicked game winners and has kicked a 58 yd FG. Can also kick off. Needs to work on accuracy there but is real weapon on kick offs.

If I were drafting for the Skinz, I might think about something like this.

#21 Quentin Groves DE Auburn - Watch his Jr. year and you will see that he might be better then Gholston. He was awsome. If you need pass rusher, go get a pass rusher. This guy is it. According to reports, Heart is fine.

I think 21 is a bit high, but I like him a lot better than Merling, Campbell, and Harvey combined (well, maybe not combined, because then you'd have a 6'8 run stuffing pass rush phenom).

I know that he's supposed to make a good 3-4 OLB, but he is a monster pass rusher. If we have to play him at OLB, even at a 4-3 , I'm for it, because he's the kind of guy who'll get to the QB.

Imagine blitzing him (with his 4.5 speed) off the edge, with Wilson on the DE spot, and Carter at the end.

btw, he has more Career Sacks than Chris Long AND Vernon Gholston, and he had more TFL than Gholston in his career.

]']I think 21 is a bit high' date=' but I like him a lot better than Merling, Campbell, and Harvey combined (well, maybe not combined, because then you'd have a 6'8 run stuffing pass rush phenom).

I know that he's supposed to make a good 3-4 OLB, but he is a monster pass rusher. If we have to play him at OLB, even at a 4-3 , I'm for it, because he's the kind of guy who'll get to the QB.

Imagine blitzing him (with his 4.5 speed) off the edge, with Wilson on the DE spot, and Carter at the end.

btw, he has more Career Sacks than Chris Long AND Vernon Gholston, and he had more TFL than Gholston in his career.[/quote']

Kinda weired drafting for the Skinz.

:laugh:

The Skins trade pick 21 for 2 second round picks to the Falcons. With the three second round picks I say they draft two DE's (Jackson,Campbell) and a receiver (Nelson). In the third round I say they come back with another receiver (Manningham or Kelly) and a corner (King). In the fifth they select OG (Young) in the sixth they select S (Steltz) in the seventh LB (Butler) DT (Norwell) and WR (Monk).

round two L. Jackson DE USC

round two C. Campbell DE Miami

round two J. Nelson WR Kansas State

round three M. Kelly WR Oaklahoma

round three J. King CB Penn State

round five E. Young OG Tennessee

round six C. Steltz S LSU

round seven E Butler LB Nevada

round seven C Norwell DT Illinois

round seven M Monk WR Arkansas

Maybe this is a little ambitious, but a guy can dream.

Round 1: DE Phillip Merling, Clemson

Round 2: WR, Jordy Nelson, Kansas State

Round 3: OT/OG Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers

Round 3: CB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky

Round 5: WR Marcus Monk, Arkansas

Round 6: DE Kendall Langford, Hampton

Round 7: P Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State

Round 7: QB Dennis Dixon, Oregon

Round 7: S Bobbie Williams, Bethune Cookman

Nice mock Nighthawk. (from Batman right? sorry, I was a comic geek way back when).

Anyways, time is running down, get 'em in while you can. Whoever gets close gets some bragging rights, have it at people.

Sorry, but it's from the painting NIGHTHAWKS.

BTW, I noticed this is the second time I've had the same first three or four picks like yours. Great minds think alike. :laugh:

Good news, I hope, Baltimore may be trying to get ahead of Atlanta and take Matt Ryan. I think that could help us work a trade with Atlanta (if it happens) because they would really want back in the first for sure.

While I`ve been waiting I put together a Mock just for fun, It`s based on Value, I got the numbers off of NFL Draft scouts cheat sheet. See Below.......

#21 Phillip Merling DE +1 value

#51 Jordy Nelson WR -16 reach

#84 Josh Johnson QB 0 ( spot on )

#96 Mike McGlynn OG -2 reach

#154 Kory Lichtensteiger C -3 reach

#186 Frank Okam DT +21 value

#228 Chris Horton SS -10 reach

#242 Darnell Terrell CB +5 value

#249 Marcus Dixon DE +4 value

Total Reach = -31

Total Value = +31

Balance = 0........Spot ON!!

Well time is running Out, and I`m ready for action. I'll be watching til the end on TV and will definitely be tracking the board.

Darn before I could even finish they already shot down the Baltimore deal down....Oh well. Good Luck To All...........

:cheers:

This is pretty solid except Brooks won't be around in the 7th. I'd rather see them grab a backup FB like Kregg Lumpkin.

One other 7th round QB option mentioned by poster MattAlkire who sounded and looked very interesting was Ryan O'hara, Central Oklahoma, 6-6 230.

hey D how about some props on the Brooks pick :laugh: Although the rest of my mock sucked ass

Archived