Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riding Mowers

ClemsSC7Skinfan

pour the gas into a glass container. if there is a lot, you will see an obvious "layer" at the bottom. if there is only small amount, there will be water bubbles on the bottom.

If there's not it's just easier to drain the gas and refil. Here's another question if it hasn't been asked already, when was the last time you checked the oil or have you overflooded the oil?

What I meant was, are you sure the gas in the gas can doesn't have water in it. See what I"m sayin'?

How do you know? It doesn't matter. Just empty the tank and refill with fresh gas from the gas station. What to do with the old watery gas? Use it to start your charcoal grill of course! (carefully -- as in, throw the match and stay back and wait for the loud WHUMP!)

If that's not the problem, then it's probably your carb, as zoony pointed out.

I checked the oil before I started it, it is full, I have over filled it but that has been months and months ago and I had to drain it back out some before it fired up. But it is fine and has been fine for probably close to a year now. I'm leaning towards it being the spark plug but maybe it is the carb needing cleaned. And yes I know Murray sucks but when you don't have much money and you need to cut grass at least it has a briggs engine is all I thought, something to last me a few years. That is the only other reason I figured I would need to maybe get a new one (cause of the crappy one).

Archived