Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Once again, McCain confuses Sunnis with Shiites

#98QBKiller

Actually, you'd have to delete the Libs equal Commies bit. That only confuses a small proportion of the politicos out there.

Just think though... We're not even in the Summer... the hate engines have even been oiled or gotten their 10,000 jab tune-ups. Imagine just how disgusted and appalled we'll be with _______________ by the beginning of Autumn!!!

I have been calling for it for years now, and I predict it will happen in the next 4 election cycles:

We will see a mixed ballot with a moderate from both major parties.

And I will vote for it.

And yet Obama confuses two different COUNTIRES

U.S. AMBASSADOR TO IRAQ RYAN CROCKER: Senator, as I said in my statement, we have no problem with a good, constructive relationship between Iran and Iraq. The problem is with the Iranian strategy of backing extremist militia groups and sending in weapons and munitions that are used against Iraqis and against our own forces.

OBAMA: Do we feel confident that the Iraqi government is directing these -- this aid to these special groups?

Do we feel confident about that, or do we think that they're just tacitly tolerating it? Do you have some sense of that?

About the 1:10 mark

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/259755.php

And yet Obama confuses two different COUNTIRES

U.S. AMBASSADOR TO IRAQ RYAN CROCKER: Senator, as I said in my statement, we have no problem with a good, constructive relationship between Iran and Iraq. The problem is with the Iranian strategy of backing extremist militia groups and sending in weapons and munitions that are used against Iraqis and against our own forces.

OBAMA: Do we feel confident that the Iraqi government is directing these -- this aid to these special groups?

Do we feel confident about that, or do we think that they're just tacitly tolerating it? Do you have some sense of that?

Except that this is one mistake not a constant mistake like McCain's.

Except that this is a mistake from a young candidate who never professed himself to be an expert in foreign affairs.

Very different circumstances, really. Comparing apples to oranges doesn't diminish McCain's constant screw ups.

Like I said before. If he got it wrong once, fine. After that, get it right. Not that hard to do. Especially if you're an expert.

If I'm not mistaken, Bush couldn't even name the leaders of certain nations prior to his election. He never professed himself to be an expert in foreign affairs however, so it was understandable.

Except that this is one mistake not a constant mistake like McCain's.

Except that this is a mistake from a young candidate who never professed himself to be an expert in foreign affairs.

And yet people want him to be president :rolleyes:

Both examples are hopefully nothing. However, if it needs defending I think it's probably certain that Obama knows which country we've invaded and which one we're we've got forces in. I suspect he's just so used to talking about Iraq all the time that the "Iraq" automatically popped out. Still, it's not great to have a brain fart like that. Just like McCain shouldn't keep having these brain farts, especially when he's trying to sound knowledgeable and specific.

Archived