Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proud to be a REDSKIN!

skins86

Just a little while ago the news broke about the Bengals releasing wr Chris Henry due to off field issues.

So i got curious and wanted to see how their fans handled it on their boards etc..

Thats besides the point because once i got there it made me appreciate everything even more about being a redskins fan. the simple things like our colors..."i couldnt stay on the message board more than 5 minutes if i had to stare at orange the whole time" our fans "take on newcomers, even from other teams with open arms just to talk football, when i see other teams message boards whinning and making it to where its like a secret club and nobody should be allowed in." im also tired of seeing teams fans on boards who sit there calling other teams failures.....when they havent themselves won anything....sorry close doesnt count. i mean i dont mind a little heckling now and then i do it with all my friends, but it gets a little old when you think youre the best and have NOTHING to show for it.

this was my rant for the day, but point being i already know we have something special, but this just proves it a little more.

im glad to be a fan of the best franchise with the one of the greatest fanbases with one of the most storied histories in the nfl.

sorry if you were wanting mock drafts or trade rumors haha

Just a little while ago the news broke about the Bengals releasing wr Chris Henry due to off field issues.

So i got curious and wanted to see how their fans handled it on their boards etc..

Thats besides the point because once i got there it made me appreciate everything even more about being a redskins fan. the simple things like our colors..."i couldnt stay on the message board more than 5 minutes if i had to stare at orange the whole time" our fans "take on newcomers, even from other teams with open arms just to talk football, when i see other teams message boards whinning and making it to where its like a secret club and nobody should be allowed in." im also tired of seeing teams fans on boards who sit there calling other teams failures.....when they havent themselves won anything....sorry close doesnt count. i mean i dont mind a little heckling now and then i do it with all my friends, but it gets a little old when you think youre the best and have NOTHING to show for it.

this was my rant for the day, but point being i already know we have something special, but this just proves it a little more.

im glad to be a fan of the best franchise with the one of the greatest fanbases with one of the most storied histories in the nfl.

This post almost brought tears to my eyes.

I've got the song "I'm proud to be an American" in my head only I've changed "American" to Redskin.

i think everybody should think about it when they are complaining about this and that about how good we actually have it. go spend a day on another teams board. a team who doesnt have a good history to actually fall back on.

Great post. 5 stars. You're absolutely right. This franchise, despite some of the decisions of her owner over the last decade is truly something special. The fans are some of the most loyal and knowledgable of the league; the players reach out to the fans so well (though sometimes they don't show up for autograph signings); and this message board is truly something special. This is the only board in my life I could stay on for longer than 5 minutes without shutting off my comp and crawling in a corner because of the stupidiness of others (thank you mods). Thank you for the great read :cheers:

B&G 4eva! I love this team and MOST of the fans are fantastic! Most dedicated fanbase I've ever seen. Folks who are NOT skins fans just don't get it. I have friends who are not skins fans who when I tell them I've been to a ES function(like Busch Gardens last summer or the ES tailgate before a game)..they always say.."you mean you actually met someone from an internet message board and lived to tell about it?" Or "I can't believe you would spend money or travel that far to meet a bunch of strangers". Strangers? I don't think so...you folks are my family just by team association! They don't get it.

Hail.......................

I went on the Bengals message board and they were talking about Maurice Clarett in the Chris Henry thread..sounded like a bunch of morons...but one post did stand out that made me chuckle.. Glad to be a Skins fan......

CincyChili#85's

Waterboy

Default Re: Chris Henry Has Been Waived

If anyone wants to meet chris, just wait at the Hamilton County Jail, Hes a weekly visitor

Truly a passionate fanbase here.

My dad was a skins fan for a long time, and I didn't get it, since I only got into football in the late 90s (need I say more?) But just getting really into it and learning more about the tradition of this team, the 80s SB teams gives me a lot of pride to live near a franchise with so much history.

Hail

Actually, this is a mock thread - you're just mocking the Bengals. ;)

:helmet: The Rook

It's a great thing being born a Redskin fan. It's a birthright.

What drives me crazy is when other fans, people at work ask me, " What will you do if he ( my 2 yr old son) wants to root for another team when he grows up?". These are always the people that aren't true fans of their teams. I always tell them that people in my family are born into...they are Redskin fans by birth.

Actually, this is a mock thread - you're just mocking the Bengals. ;)

im not mocking them, just telling it how it is ha, theres just more to redskins football then 16 games a season. im a fan of other teams in different sports braves baseball hurricanes hockey....but theres something different with this organization and everybody involved. theres a love and a passion that i dont feel about anything else but the redskins and everything with it, and i wouldnt trade that for anything. id really hate to be one of these fans that just like the "team of the year" cause they will never know this feeling. id rather go without seeing another superbowl ever then to be a "fake fan" but lets hope we get a few more!! ha

:cheers:

Great post. 5 stars. You're absolutely right. This franchise, despite some of the decisions of her owner over the last decade is truly something special. The fans are some of the most loyal and knowledgable of the league; the players reach out to the fans so well (though sometimes they don't show up for autograph signings); and this message board is truly something special. This is the only board in my life I could stay on for longer than 5 minutes without shutting off my comp and crawling in a corner because of the stupidiness of others (thank you mods). Thank you for the great read :cheers:

That sums it up right there. I'm proud wearing anything Redskins after any game, any time of the week, any time of the year.

It feels like a privilege to root for this team and to be a part of our family that is the fanbase.

HTTR and HTTF[anbase]! :cheers:

Truly a passionate fanbase here.

Hail

Yep, more serious than the ink on U.S. dollars (right now I know the Euro is stronger). But the fan base here is more serious than that because no amount of money can take the place of a 4th Super Bowl—at least IMO.

P.S.

Go Pyro and Big Brown for the Kentucky Derby (KD); they’ll both prove a good turn, pick 'em 1 / 2. In the one hundred and thirty fourth year of the KD only 47 favorites have won.

So Big Brown is strong but the law of averages is in effect. Big Brown ran a lot better than Barbaro ran when he ran the Florida Derby in 06, and there's other things (plus and minuses) going on with Big Brown too--a box is less risk.

War Pass runs this weekend and Pyro runs final KD prep next weekend. Don't like War Pass because he can't run under pressure and pressure (especially if he gets jostled at the gate) will be on come 1st weekend in May at Church Hill.

Curlin ran out in Dubai this past weekend and paid 6 million dollars to his owner, affiliates, constituents and all those personally associated

I'm waiting for the call from Hank Steinbrenner to sports talk radio claiming that Redskins Nation doesn't exist and it was made up by ESPN:laugh:

Seriously...I was born with burgundy and gold running in my veins. This team is my lifeblood and nothing will every change it.

well done my friend. I agree with you unless of course you should happen to repost a thread or do anything that some people don't agree with, then the fangs come out.....lol. But, yeah man......Go Skins!

now..........que MASS and mc5 or whatever their names are.....lol

Being a Redskins fan is great not only because of the football. Being a fan connects you to people you otherwise would never talk to. I can't count how many times I've been out wearing a Skins jersey, hat or Tshirts and see someone else wearing Skins gear and we'll start talking about the team like we've been friends for years. Being a Skins fan makes part of a huge family and I just don't think other teams fanbases are like that. They're passonate about their team, but they don't seem to connect with each other like Skins fans do. I think it has to do with the fact that most Skins fans are 2nd and 3rd or even 4th generation Skins fans. I was raised a Redskins fan, it was bred into me from birth, just like most of us here and just like most of us some of my fondest memories growing up are of watching Skins games with my Father and Grandfather before he died. People can say what they want about Dan Snyder, but he understands that passion he grew up a fan just like us. We are lucky in that aspect, we have an owner that identifies with us because he's a fan himself.

Archived