Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Moss TD Tribute to Sean Taylor...

LandryLaysWood

Honestly....

I'll never forget that second TD vs Seattle. I swear to god the way my house errupted and that moment in time...I felt like I was taken to a better place. I almost dont even remember it because the mood was that of such a devine intervention in that game...I relaly didnt think we'd lose, and although we ended up losing...that TD to Moss vs Seattle will always hold a real special place in my heart.

Same for me. It was even better when Mix recovered the kickoff, it really seemed like Sean was giving us strength to win. I will never forget that moment. I really thought we were going to win.

It's a very cool picture (especially since it was done to celebrate the go-ahead score in the 4th quarter of a playoff game)!

I don't mind if Portis, Moss, and some holdovers still want to honor Sean, but I'm afraid the celebration will ring a little hollow if EVERYONE starts using it since some of the guy who will inevitably make plays for us will not have even known Taylor.

In some ways (and I mean this is a good way) I would like the ST tributes to be unique to 2007. It was SO emotional and SO powerful last year and I'm afraid it will cheapen it if we try to carry it over.

A similar yet not nearly as profound or dramatic example is how we tried to carry the white-on-white thing over from 2005 to 2006. The emotion just wasn't there.

(Again, I'm not trying to compare a uniform change to a tribute to a dead teammater, I'm just using it as an analogy.)

i agree. i dont really think it would be the greatest idea if we continue using it as a tribute or celebration. it wont really get old,but it will be overdone.not really the same thing,maybe,but whatever

I've seen a few of Portis', but does anyone have one of him doing the angel in the sky hand gesture?

Here's one of the shirt.

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2007/12/03/clintons-td-celebrationtribute-to-sean/

Thank you for posting this.

Even here in Europe newspapers reported this tragic story. If some folks are interested and can read german... here is a link for you.

http://diepresse.com/home/sport/mehrsport/345982/index.do?from=suche.intern.portal

Do you know who sings that song in the video?

Archived