Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Familiar with the Chevy HHR? - Buying this weekend

Mass_SkinsFan

I looked at the Ford Escape. Very nice on the outside. TERRIBLE interior so far as I'm concerned.

Additionally, the two dealers really turned me off by not having a single XE, 4 clyinder, or FWD Escape on either of their lots. In fact all they had were XLT, 6 cylinder, 4WD/AWD versions with a ton of options I didn't want.

Gotcha, not a problem. I've had Ford my entire life, so yeah a little biased, but in terms of longevity they have the market beat. I drive an 06 F-150, and theres 3 things about their trucks, they are the #1 selling vehicle (not truck, all vehicles), they tow more than any other in its class, and they have the most vehicles out that are over 20 years old. Recently they have started ads about how they are just as, if not more, reliable than Toyota and Honda, which are the most reliable cars on the road.

I have a buddy with a Saturn Vue and he loves it. Looks sharp and he says it drives great. Not to try to influence you, just saying.

But yeah, check out those windows (almost made me feel claustrophobic). Gas milage was fine for the few days that I had one.

lol @ ricers. I hate those things.

Tell me about it, my friend has a prelude and he thought it was fast. About 15 seconds later, and 3 car lengths ahead I made sure to send a text message:

"Dave got burned"

He thought it was his girlfriend, it was me texting while racing him.

On another note, MSF I would stick with what you like. I like Fords, they have always been good to me, if you find something you like and don't know much about it, make sure to do your research. There are places you can buy that will even guarantee gas to be 2.99 for the next 3 years, which can be a big deal.

Tell me about it, my friend has a prelude and he thought it was fast. About 15 seconds later, and 3 car lengths ahead I made sure to send a text message

What were you driving at the time?

On another note, MSF I would stick with what you like. I like Fords, they have always been good to me, if you find something you like and don't know much about it, make sure to do your research. There are places you can buy that will even guarantee gas to be 2.99 for the next 3 years, which can be a big deal.

I've been doing the research for about 2 months at this point. I've looked at Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Saturn, and Chrysler products and the HHR has won out. Funny since I wasn't even going to look at the HHR when I went to the Chevy dealer that night. I've got more paperwork on most of the vehicles printed out than I ever thought I would. The Saturn Vue was the only other vehicle that I gave serious consideration to after looking at them all.

That Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge gas offer isn't as good as it looks on the outside when you start digging into it.

That Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge gas offer isn't as good as it looks on the outside when you start digging into it.

That's pretty much true if they are offering other discounts on the vehicle you want.

I think it would really only be a good deal on the Wrangler which never has any rebates or discounts available.

I have a buddy with a Saturn Vue and he loves it. Looks sharp and he says it drives great. Not to try to influence you, just saying.

I like the Vue. As I've said it was my second choice. Hell, I even looked at the Vue Hybrid until I found out it was $7500 more than the gas engine version. I just like the look of the HHR a little better; it's got a little more cargo space; and a little better mpg depending on whose numbers you look at.

But yeah, check out those windows (almost made me feel claustrophobic). Gas milage was fine for the few days that I had one.

I just don't remember the windows being an issue. I'll look again. Even the 22 mpg city rating would be better than the 16-17 mpg I'm getting in the Jeep currently.

For one thing it's a Chevrolet and it also doesn't have a long history. Spend your money wisely and buy a Honda or Toyota.

So you want him to spend $5-10k more on a vehicle built in the same plants with other american cars?

Not to mention MSF wants to buy american.

So you want him to spend $5-10k more on a vehicle built in the same plants with other american cars?

$5-10k more for quality and reliabilty is worth it to me. I know he would never buy a Honda but figured I'd say it anyway. I'm not against buying American made products, but until American cars are on the same level as the Japanese makes .... I am staying away.

$5-10k more for quality and reliabilty is worth it to me. I know he would never buy a Honda but figured I'd say it anyway. I'm not against buying American made products, but until American cars are on the same level as the Japanese makes .... I am staying away.

They are. Unless you get all your car buying information from consumer reports which compares every vehicle to a Camry.

Sadly, too many people have refused to acknowledge the fact that american vehicles now rival the japanese in quality.

You're right that I'm not even looking at foreign cars. I prefer to buy American whenever it's at all reasonably possible.

They are. Unless you get all your car buying information from consumer reports which compares every vehicle to a Camry.

Sadly, too many people have refused to acknowledge the fact that american vehicles now rival the japanese in quality.

I would actually consider buying a Ford and realize they have come a long way in terms of quality, but Chevrolet just seems so far behind everyone in terms of quality and vehicle choices. My Dad owned a 78 Chevrolet Nova and I think that was the last good car they made.

I would actually consider buying a Ford and realize they have come a long way in terms of quality, but Chevrolet just seems so far behind everyone in terms of quality and vehicle choices. My Dad owned a 78 Chevrolet Nova and I think that was the last good car they made.

Then it's probably a good thing that I'M the one buying the new HHR and not you, wouldn't you say? :D

Then it's probably a good thing that I'M the one buying the new HHR and not you, wouldn't you say? :D

Well I know one thing..the HHR has to be better than the old Chevy Sprint. That was a beer can on wheels. BTW, The HHR looks much better than the PT Cruiser which I believe is its' competition.

Well I know one thing..the HHR has to be better than the old Chevy Sprint. That was a beer can on wheels. BTW, The HHR looks much better than the PT Cruiser which I believe is its' competition.

The PT needs to go away.

I know what they trying to go for with the design of this vehicle, but I think they failed. I know a lot of people have bought them, but it's still ugly as sin.

Well folks, I went out to Bertera Chevrolet in Palmer, MA this afternoon and bought it. Victory Red LT2 with the sunroof and roof rails. I got a pretty good deal on it, and pick it up on Tuesday evening (gotta get the insurance and registration paperwork finished).

Here's pretty much what it looks like, though this is obviously the Sandstone, not Victory Red and mine has a window in the cargo area rather than the solid panel....

Archived