Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupid Espn Mock Draft... What do you think?

Est.1932

Not a good mock draft. Having Washington draft a 'tweener" to fill in at LDE where strength and bulk are very important doesn't make much sense.

I'm not even going to comment on some of the other odd developments this mock draft has happening. But if the first 20 picks unfolded like this mock draft predicted, I couldn't see Washington using its pick on Groves. We'd probably be able to trade the pick, draft a great CB like DRC, or pick up a more appropriately-sized DE like Campbell. ...Or a WR.

How about because I don't see this team being built to win to begin with. DE, CB, and OL are going to be bigger issues than WR is in my mind.

I don't see a DE available at #21 that will start over our current DEs. The only CBs that might make an impact on our team are DRC and Talib. The only OL I see us potentially getting is Branden Albert.

Those might not be available at #21. If those players are gone, Limas Sweed will help us more than the next best OL after Albert, the next best CB, and any DE...

I do agree we need a DE, but I refuse to draft someone that isn't good just to fill a need.

if the cb is there for washington there's no way he drops to the cowpies. espn is a joke.

Yeah I agree....also does anyone get a little concerned that we are drafting right in front of Dallas, I feel down the road if the player they get becomes a stud, its always going to be a situation where we know we could have snagged him.....

Just a thought....

Yeah I agree....also does anyone get a little concerned that we are drafting right in front of Dallas, I feel down the road if the player they get becomes a stud, its always going to be a situation where we know we could have snagged him.....

Just a thought....

Wow, that would suck. The we went with Leaf over Manning type situation. Ouch.

CB or Albert is the way to go. WR's are just so hit and miss. It would be nice to have a game changer though.

I agree completely. Until last season, I religiously looked at as many mock drafts as possible. Then I wisened up and noticed the previous two years drafts were totally different than the mocks. I can usually guess the Redskins pick pretty well, but most teams just surprise me.

Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn falling to us at the 6th spot last season meant some easy trade downs with another team, which did not end up happening. But I knew we'd make the safe pick and get Landry.

In my view, the only thing worth paying attention to over the years, is the context of who is actually considered a first round caliber player. Most of the relatively well regarded mocks are fairly reliable at projecting who is actually first round material. Who will go where? Forget about it. They're terrible at predicting that, even at the top of the draft.

We're particularly hard to predict this year because we're down low, and we've got guard, tackle, center, strong side end, defensive tackle, and corner as all positions we could justifiably use a #1 on, hell, even WR or S (though that would drive me over the bend). So at this point, there really isn't any reliable way of predicting or projecting. It could be just about anybody. Hopefully it's a wise pick.

Archived