Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my mock draft

headhunter39

1. limas sweed wr texas

trade our 2 and first 3 for late 1 or early 2 and pick brandon albert G UVA

3. jason jones de eastern michigan or chris ellis de Vtech if available

5. marcus monk wr arkansas (he is 6'4 running a 4.4 i doubt he will fall farther than here if that)

6. zach bowman cb nebraska

7. chester adams G georgia

7. marcus dixon de hampton

7. demetrius bell T northwestern st.

alright before anyone criticizes me i know that there are a lot of ifs in here. for all the later round picks, i just found guys on nfldraftcountdown.com that fit the position that i thought we would/should take at that pick. and they are interchangable.

i pray to god that we dont waste a pick on a quarterback because im sure that we can sign a decent 3rd QB as a free agent. just look at last year

and just imagine limas sweed, marcus monk, anthony mix, moss, and randle el as our WRs. i think this is realistic, but hey i could be wrong

if we draft sweed with our 1 ill be upset....kiper says hes 2nd round talent plus defensive linemen are awesome this draft class

Kiper is also pretty much the only one who doesn't have him going in the 1st round. He apparently said recently that he thought Sweed was a late 2nd round prospect which is laughable considering there isn't any other "pro" scout that has him anywhere lower than high 2nd.

Nice pick with Jason Joes, I like him too he can play DT or DE. Not sure Albert will be available after pick #23 -- the Steelers.

Sweed -- mnay are saying, Kiper especially that he's a 2nd rounder. I'd go with Arrington over Monk at 5th if he's there. Nice pick with Bowman at #6, if he recovered from his ACL, he'd be a find.

Here's mine current:

1. Merling if he's there if not Albert

2. Earl Bennet, WR or if not there Andre Caldwell if not there Jordy Nelson

3. Jason Jones DE/DT

3. Assuming we pick up another CB Charles Godfrey if not there OG Roy Schuening if not there FB Owen Schmitt

5. Mike McGlynn G if not there WR Adrian Arringtonif not there WR Monk

6. Zach Bowman CB

7. Jeremy Geathers DE

I would much rather wait until 3rd or second round and get Jordy Nelson that get Sweed who is getting mixed emotions from many, and get a Oline or Dlineman in the first and second. Even if we get Jordy Nelson in the 3rd (who I think would be a steal at that late) we could get another prospect later in the draft at WR.

Cerrato has already said we aren't trading up, but may look to trade down.

We need more picks, not less.

And you don't spend your 1st round pick on a receiver with a bad hand.

Albert won't make it out of the 1st round.

So except for all your picks in the first 2 rounds. . .

2 of our first 4 picks won't be wide receiver. especially when you consider vinny's apparent man-crush on mix.

We got rid of Lloyd, Espy, let Reche go elsewhere, didn't pick up an FA WR and we have Mix who is a complete unknown at this point and you seriously think we won't go WR on the first day considering their stated need that we need a big WR? If Vinny is enamored with Mix I really hope he has a good reason other than "he is big" considering he had very little production in college and has caught 3 passes in a regular season NFL game.

just say no to sweed. i dont care if they say the wrist is healed. i can see him jamming it in training camp and missing 6 months. also i just have a bad feeling he is rod gardner part II. i've been wrong before, just a hunch.

sorry about the capitalization just don't feel like it

just say no to sweed. i dont care if they say the wrist is healed. i can see him jamming it in training camp and missing 6 months. also i just have a bad feeling he is rod gardner part II. i've been wrong before, just a hunch.

sorry about the capitalization just don't feel like it

What, exactly, makes you think he is Rod Gardner part II? I mean I've seen more than a couple people say this without really substantiating it.

What, exactly, makes you think he is Rod Gardner part II? I mean I've seen more than a couple people say this without really substantiating it.

he made enough plays in college to be a first round pick, and then stops working hard after his payday. I dont have a crystal ball -just a feeling like I said in my post.

he made enough plays in college to be a first round pick, and then stops working hard after his payday. I dont have a crystal ball -just a feeling like I said in my post.

Stops working hard?? He injured ligaments in his wrist before the season started and still played in a few games despite the pain until it was too bad to keep going. Have you actually read anything about him other than on here? The guy is, from what I've read and seen, an extremely hard worker and very dedicated. If he just wanted a "payday" then he could have declared after he had 12 TDs last year and probably been a top 15 pick.

if we draft sweed with our 1 ill be upset....kiper says hes 2nd round talent plus defensive linemen are awesome this draft class

Kiper also say Alan Branch will be select in top 10, If Kiper say we will select him with our 7 round pick? If Mel Kiper that good he will be on a team as head talent off. Hey Kiper is so good why dont picks all the round for each teams. Redskins will not listen to Kiper or fan. If Sweed look good on tape, and proday hey select him

Derrick Harvey is a good Pass Rusher, but look at him get man-handled on the on the line against Jake Long.

Vernon Gholston and Chris Long are probably the only worthy 1st Round DEs. Gholston owned Long when they played. The rest are too reliant on their pass rush skills or their run stuff skills. Very few balanced DEs in the 1st Round.

Limas Sweed or Branden Albert>>>>1st Round DEs whose last name isn't Long or Gholston

]']Derrick Harvey is a good Pass Rusher' date=' but look at him get man-handled on the on the line against Jake Long.

Vernon Gholston and Chris Long are probably the only worthy 1st Round DEs. Gholston owned Long when they played. The rest are too reliant on their pass rush skills or their run stuff skills. Very few balanced DEs in the 1st Round.

Limas Sweed or Branden Albert>>>>1st Round DEs whose last name isn't Long or Gholston

Yeah I've seen that video before. I was pretty astonished at how easily Long seemed to handle him once he got him locked up, though that is something I've read that is a negative for Harvey: that he sometimes has a hard time getting disengaged once an O lineman has him locked up.

Why? You think he is only a vertical threat guy?

I have watched him play, I have read the reports on him, I dont think he is worth a 1st round pick. And I dont think he will be a good fit for the WCO.

I watched the highlight videos that Angel had in his signature line, he only broke one tackle, against college db's. Whats he going to do against pro's ??

The term is YAC- he doesnot have that quality-

1. Limas Sweed, Texas

Height/Weight: 6'4/212

College Experience: Fifth-year senior

Combine Results: 4.46 forty, 35" vertical

Comparison: Herman Moore

Draft Projection: Late first to early second round

2007 Statistics: 19-306-16.1-3 Tds

Positives: Sweed does not drop passes he should catch, especially over his shoulder. He is a remarkably fluid athlete with near ideal top-end speed for his size. Sweed has an outstanding work ethic, on-field demeanor, and the confident swagger often found in "No. 1" receivers. He is not dominant over the middle, but understands how to avoid big hits. Sweed's arms measured the second longest at the Senior Bowl, behind only Adarius Bowman.

Negatives: Sweed's senior year ended after seven games due to wrist surgery. He also battled an ankle sprain during the season. Sweed aggravated the wrist injury at the Senior Bowl. He is considered a strong route runner, but could be more sudden out of his breaks. Sweed needs to improve his upper-body strength.

the cowboys have 2 picks in the first so they might be willing to trade...now i dont know if we do deals with our hated rivals but its a possibility.

i feel that sweed is gonna be the most solid receiver of this draft in the long run. obviously hes a rookie so he probably wont start for a while so he will have extra time to heal up but im telling you guys that if we let him pass cuz we think hes injury prone, we are gonna watch him shine somewhere else.

and i think any team will take a 2nd and a 3rd for a late 1st even the steelers

I have watched him play, I have read the reports on him, I dont think he is worth a 1st round pick. And I dont think he will be a good fit for the WCO.

I watched the highlight videos that Angel had in his signature line, he only broke one tackle, against college db's. Whats he going to do against pro's ??

The term is YAC- he doesnot have that quality-

Positives: Sweed does not drop passes he should catch

we dont need him to break tackles we just need him to catch the ball. we have other playmakers but we need a constant go to guy to get the tough yards

Archived