Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 WRs of all time, as per ESPN.com

doncherry

Michael Irvin, T.O., Art Monk and Tim Brown deserve to be on there. To say T.O. or Irvin don't is just pure homerism.

TO is on that list at 9, it is just blanked out at the name part.

I dont think anyone would question his talent, but there are others like Brown and Monk who get on there before Moss and TO.

There is something wrong with only giving Jerry Rice one slot.

Don Hutson and Randy Moss should switch spots.

No way Michael Irvin should be ahead of Paul Warfield, Charley Taylor, TO, Marvin Harrison or Art Monk.

I think Steve Largent and Chris Carter are too high.

While I can't argue against having Monk on the list (he deserves top 10, IMO), Irvin is deserving of being included on this list as well. I believe Irvin was one of the strongest and physical receivers to ever play the game. During the Cowboys superbowl years in the 90s, there wasn't a CB in the league that could completely stop him.
Yes, you could tell how strong Irvin was when he would push off the CB covering him to make the reception.

I don't think Irvin is held in that high regard (not even close) without an all-world offense around him. Emmitt could block, catch and run. That makes lots of WR's look better than they were. Look at Harper with Dallas and, by comparison, later with TB. He fell off the face of the earth after he left Dallas.

TO is on that list at 9, it is just blanked out at the name part.

I dont think anyone would question his talent, but there are others like Brown and Monk who get on there before Moss and TO.

Dude, we all love Art - but he is not a better receiver than Randy Moss.

As for the Steelers - I think Hines Ward should start getting consideration. He is breaking all of Swann and Stallworth's records and I don't know if there has ever been a better blocking wide receiver. The guy is the ultimate competitor and one hell of a receiver playing in a run first system that has only recently had decent quarterbacking.

Dude, we all love Art - but he is not a better receiver than Randy Moss.

As for the Steelers - I think Hines Ward should start getting consideration. He is breaking all of Swann and Stallworth's records and I don't know if there has ever been a better blocking wide receiver. The guy is the ultimate competitor and one hell of a receiver playing in a run first system that has only recently had decent quarterbacking.

Thats your opinion, but mine is that character and ethics make a WR as well. Moss cant block for **** and he WONT go across the middle. Monk didnt take plays off and he never quit on his team. What record does Moss hold?

You want to consider Hines Ward but you dont to talk Monk. That seems backwards to me.

Thats your opinion, but mine is that character and ethics make a WR as well. Moss cant block for **** and he WONT go across the middle. Monk didnt take plays off and he never quit on his team. What record does Moss hold?

You want to consider Hines Ward but you dont to talk Monk. That seems backwards to me.

Ward and Monk are mutually exclusive - don't take my giving props to Ward as a slight to Monk, they were both great receivers.

As for Moss - I think he is the second best ever. Yes, he has taken plays off in the past and his blocking leaves something to be desired - but he is such a great receiver that those faults are easily offset by his advantages.

Ward and Monk are mutually exclusive - don't take my giving props to Ward as a slight to Monk, they were both great receivers.

As for Moss - I think he is the second best ever. Yes, he has taken plays off in the past and his blocking leaves something to be desired - but he is such a great receiver that those faults are easily offset by his advantages.

second best over?

We're gonna just have to agree to disagree there or else this could get deep and crazy. You are considering Rice #1 right?

I agree with you on Moss. He is incredible, a game changer.

Twice he has been the focal point of a record breaking scoring offense. That says something, actually that says A LOT.

Big Mike: He holds some records.

Randy Moss has a great way of pushing off CBs once he is in the end zone. Right before he stops and jumps he will put both hands on the CB and bump him. It happens nearly every time. Sure he doesnt get caught for it and "if you aint cheatin you aint trying hard enough", but thats cheesy to me.

He may have been the focal point for 2 record breaking O's but he also came up short in both of them and that shows just as much.

Randy Moss has a great way of pushing off CBs once he is in the end zone. Right before he stops and jumps he will put both hands on the CB and bump him. It happens nearly every time. Sure he doesnt get caught for it and "if you aint cheatin you aint trying hard enough", but thats cheesy to me.

He may have been the focal point for 2 record breaking O's but he also came up short in both of them and that shows just as much.

Are we really going to judge a WR on their superbowl wins? Seriously? I mean the position that relies on other players more than any other position, we are judging on superbowl wins now?

As for the first paragraph, whatever he does, it works. Its like knocking an Olineman for their blocking style. They all hold, you just gotta do it right.

Edit: Didnt he catch the go ahead score in the superbowl anyway? I mean he doesnt play defense.

Are we really going to judge a WR on their superbowl wins? Seriously? I mean the position that relies on other players more than any other position, we are judging on superbowl wins now?

As for the first paragraph, whatever he does, it works. Its like knocking an Olineman for their blocking style. They all hold, you just gotta do it right.

Edit: Didnt he catch the go ahead score in the superbowl anyway? I mean he doesnt play defense.

Lets see, do you think Stallworth and Swann got in because of numbers? Nope, they sure didnt. They got in because of the 4 rings and because they were a dynasty. Dont try to act like SB wins have nothing to do with this.

Funny you say cheap shots from OL. Arent Denver's O-line some of the most hated because they chop block constantly?

Man, you would try to argue with me if I said my name was Mike I bet.

Lets see, do you think Stallworth and Swann got in because of numbers? Nope, they sure didnt. They got in because of the 4 rings and because they were a dynasty. Dont try to act like SB wins have nothing to do with this.

Umm Swann and Stallworth arent on the list...so i assume you meant the hall.

And i agree with you that rings do mean something to hall voters and being part of a dynasty means something to get in the hall.

But in a simple list of top 10 WRs, i dont think it means much. It means alot more for QBs.

As i said before, didnt moss catch the go ahead TD? He doesnt play defense.

Umm Swann and Stallworth arent on the list...so i assume you meant the hall.

And i agree with you that rings do mean something to hall voters and being part of a dynasty means something to get in the hall.

But in a simple list of top 10 WRs, i dont think it means much. It means alot more for QBs.

As i said before, didnt moss catch the go ahead TD? He doesnt play defense.

funny that you're stuck on this go ahead TD when he got 5 catches for 62 yards.

against SD 1 catch for 18 and 0 TDs

against JAC 1 catch for 14 yards and 0 TDs.

so this "simple" list of top ten WRs shouldnt matter for this list? Well that just cuts the list out totally then and we can end this convo.

second best over?

We're gonna just have to agree to disagree there or else this could get deep and crazy. You are considering Rice #1 right?

Yeah, I think he is the second best ever. Imagine if he hadn't let himself waste away a few years in Oakland.

And, yes, Rice is #1. I think Jerry is the best football player ever, not just wide receiver.

Yeah, I think he is the second best ever. Imagine if he hadn't let himself waste away a few years in Oakland.

And, yes, Rice is #1. I think Jerry is the best football player ever, not just wide receiver.

Or hit cops with his car. Or smoke a bunch of weed.

And good, I am glad we agree one place at least. :cheers:

so this "simple" list of top ten WRs shouldnt matter for this list? Well that just cuts the list out totally then and we can end this convo.

What are you talking about. This thread is about a simple list of 10 WRs. I dont think superbowl rings should have much of an impact on the listing and seeing that Swann and Stallworth are not on the list, the rings dont seem to matter.

Again you said "Swann and Stallworth" were "in" but they are not in the list, i assume you meant the hall, but we are not discussing the hall. We are simply discussing the top 10 wrs of all time. The hall considers outside of the field things as well, though they let irvin in.:(

Archived