Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yo Joe!

ECU-ALUM

Snake Eyes is not a red "X."

j/k

Problem may be on my end.

But in all honesty, I didn't even know this movie was coming out.

But now I know, and knowing is half the battle! Ggggg Iiiii Joooooeee!!!!

:cheers:

I have read bits and pieces about it on-line...Dennis Quaid signing on to play Hawk made me think that this film has some real potential.

If you were hankering for more details about the big-screen G.I. Joe, then today is your lucky day, because Hasbro's Brian Goldner is feeling chatty. MTV news spoke with G.I. Joe's executive producer and managed to score some important details about the feature film. Goldner is chief operating officer at Hasbro, and was responsible for releasing Joe back in the 80's to millions of military-minded children everywhere.

First up -- what the filmmakers have in store for main bad guy, Cobra Commander. According to Goldner: "In effect, this is all about the rise of Cobra Commander. ... For fans, they're really going to love this, because we take them on a journey. ... We have to go through the first chapter and then build from there." Rumors currently have Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking over the role of Cobra, but that has yet to be confirmed.

But it's not just about the bad-guys. Goldner also hinted about some new back-story on some of the more familiar characters, including Baroness (played by Sienna Miller) and Destro (Christopher Eccleston). As for the 'rah-rah military' tone of earlier incarnations of Joe, Goldner says that while the original feel, will still be there, we shouldn't start looking for any metaphors about global politics or foreign policy. According to Goldner: "Clearly, the American military is involved, as are other forces. But at the end of the day, the force that matters is the G.I. Joe force, and the Pit, and all the things that relate to that."

Now, what would a G.I. Joe movie be without the toy tie in? Goldner confirmed that Hasbro will revive the 3 and 3/4 inch figures from the 80's. "[That size] gives people a chance to get all the figures but get all of the vehicles. So it's going to be in that scale. ... Very true to where we were in the 1980s, and then we'll take it forward" -- gee I can't wait for my Marlon Wayans figure with kung-fu grip. G.I. Joe is set for release on August 7th, 2009.

Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum and Arnold Vosloo are joining Paramount Pictures "G.I. Joe" adaptation reports Variety and IESB.

Quaid will play General Hawk, the grizzled team leader. Tatum will play Duke Hauser, the lead soldier of the G.I. Joe crew. Vosloo will play Zartan, a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra.

Tatum's role was originally to be played by Sam Worthington who had to pull out due to scheduling conflicts with James Cameron's "Avatar."

The trio joins Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Marlon Wayans, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Said Taghmaoui and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the live action film, which is set in the future and based on the popular Hasbro action figures.

General Hawk: Dennis Quaid

gixv8.th.jpg

Snake Eyes: The guy that played Darth Maul

snakeeyesofficial2_thumbnail.jpg

They did get it right and I really hope that they dont make this like Street Fighter ended up. This is a really hard comic to remake because there are so many back stories to it...you could spend 3 movies alone on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Then throw in Scarlett and you got a great premise for a movie.

I really hope they dont get cheesy like Street Fighter or just make up characters like X-Men did. But this has HUGE potential.

I have read bits and pieces about it on-line...Dennis Quaid signing on to play Hawk made me think that this film has some real potential.

Just giving you a hard time, ECU. I completely agree that they got Snake Eyes right, those are some bad-ass shots. I hope that they likewise 'updated' Cobra Commander and Destro a bit, if they did, this movie will flat out rock.

I also hope they did the 'fringe' characters justice, like Chameleon. There's so much potential for this film, I just hope they took advantage of it.

G.I. Joe was far and away my favorite 'toon as a kid. Loved the figures and vehicles too. I'll be looking forward to this one.

It has been confirmed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt ("3rd Rock from the Sun") will be taking on the role of Cobra Leader, Cobra Commander in the upcoming GI Joe movie from Paramount Pictures. Levitt joins a cast that so far consists of Ray Parks (Snake-Eyes), Sienna Miller (Baroness) and Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty) and Marlon Waynes (Ripcord).

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Hasbro's Brian Goldner will produce a G.I. Joe live-action movie scheduled for release in August 7, 2009. Joining the production team along with newly-named director, Stephen Sommers, and business-partner Bob Ducsay will be scribe Stuart Beattie.

I'm not excited for this movie. :paranoid:

I'm not excited for this movie. :paranoid:

Well I admit he is not my first choice for Cobra Commander either....however...in 1989 no one thought Micheal Keaton could pull of Batman...or as recently as last year many people strongly disagreed with Robert downey Jr. as Iron-Man...so I am willing to give him a chance.

Just giving you a hard time, ECU. I completely agree that they got Snake Eyes right, those are some bad-ass shots. I hope that they likewise 'updated' Cobra Commander and Destro a bit, if they did, this movie will flat out rock.

I also hope they did the 'fringe' characters justice, like Chameleon. There's so much potential for this film, I just hope they took advantage of it.

G.I. Joe was far and away my favorite 'toon as a kid. Loved the figures and vehicles too. I'll be looking forward to this one.

Hey hey not a prob H_H....not a prob at all.

Well I admit he is not my first choice for Cobra Commander either....however...in 1989 no one thought Micheal Keaton could pull of Batman...or as recently as last year many people strongly disagreed with Robert downey Jr. as Iron-Man...so I am willing to give him a chance.

Dude, I'm kidding. This movie is going to rock! They got Zartan and Destro and ....

:D

Dude, I'm kidding. This movie is going to rock! They got Zartan and Destro and ....

:D

Sorry about that a lot of people have said what you said and been just down-right idiotic about it.

I figure if they have a good plot and some good character development...then hey I'll buy into it.

I think that dude is weasly as hell and he has the most annoying voice in the world. You couldnt ask for a better Cobra Commander. I hope they put him in both the hood and face shield and they better NOT show us his face!!

I wanna know who is playing Storm Shadow, Destro, Zartan, Roadblock, Flint, Hawk, Duke, Wild Bill and the MAIN guys. Heavy Duty and Ripcord? Please B tier...move to the back!!

Do they have any kind of teaser trailer or character list?

Anyone remember the aircraft carrier? I wasnt rich enough to get one but my buddy had one and it was HUGE!!

We should see who the real Joe's were. What toys did you own?

I had the hovercraft and the helicopter.

As a matter of fact, the helicopter is STILL a running joke in our family. I got it for Christmas, and wanted to play with it right away, but my dad wanted it to be 'right.'

I swear to God, he spent an hour and a half putting decals on that SOB. :laugh:

Chameleon was my favorite figure though, mainly cause he changed colors in the tub. :laugh:

I think that dude is weasly as hell and he has the most annoying voice in the world. You couldnt ask for a better Cobra Commander. I hope they put him in both the hood and face shield and they better NOT show us his face!!

I wanna know who is playing Storm Shadow, Destro, Zartan, Roadblock, Flint, Hawk, Duke, Wild Bill and the MAIN guys. Heavy Duty and Ripcord? Please B tier...move to the back!!

The only ones I know of right now are...Dennis Quaid is Hawk...Arnold Vosslo (he played "The Mummy") is Zartan....Channing Tatum is Duke (I have no idea who that is.)...Storm Shadow is in it and they have already said expect him and Snake-Eyes to be mortal enemies...Flint and Ladyjaye are being saved for the Sequel.

My question is which character will be the first one to yell out, "YO JOE!"...should sound pretty sweet in Dolby Stereo.

Archived