Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn: #8 Mobile QB of all time

Zhouse

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801f9767

I don't know much about his playing career, but after seeing this video I am more excited to have him as our HC. He's not a conservative guy and that should help our playmakers become a bigger threat on the field. Players like Jason, Cooley, Moss, CP, Sellers should benefit from his go-getter attitude.

Gibbs did a great job building character and a great lockeroom. With the players' trust and respect, Zorn will be a great coach IMO.

Only time will tell when it comes to how successful he will be with us but I think the front office made the right choice by going with this guy.

:point2sky:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

I'm excited about Zorn. I think he and his assistants will bring an exciting brand of offensive football to the Skins.

But Steve Young wore number 8 also.

Hopefully no more nail biting in the second half of every game. I'm tryin to quite that bad habit.

Jim wore number 10. But he's ranked #8 in the top ten most mobile QB's of all time. (according to nfl network)

Hopefully no more nail biting in the second half of every game. I'm tryin to quite that bad habit.

Jim wore number 10. But he's ranked #8 in the top ten most mobile QB's of all time. (according to nfl network)

Okay, got it, thanks. I posted before the video loaded up. :doh:

I like that video and maybe that is why he is excited about campbell because he can move pretty good also. funny thing, I have heard of Largent but I never heard of zorn until the redskins hired him

Ya, I think the Z-man ended his career early because of an injury.

I loved watching Zorn back in the day. Jack Patera was the coach, Zorn at QB, Efran Herrera was our kicker, and we would do almost anything on the field. I've seen them send the QB in motion, I've seen them punt on 3rd down, I've seen them run every kind of play imaginable from FG formation. They once penalized themselves back to 2nd down & 52, and they got the first down. Those were fun, crazy days.

In all honesty, though, Zorn's mobility usually had less to do with the scheme or aggressiveness than with Zorn just running for his life. (In the early days, our line couldn't stop a broken watch. Well, sometimes -- it was really hit & miss, literally.)

That said, I fully expect his coaching regime in Washington (the other Washington) to be both successful and unconventional. You guys are in for a heckuva ride, I think.

I don't know how Zorn ended his playing career (re: injury), but in Seattle he ended up getting cut after Dave Krieg beat him out for the starting job in mid 1983 and Zorn became a high priced FG holder/passer. The Seahawks kept him through the 1984 season before releasing him. That was a sad moment for many of us.

I loved watching Zorn back in the day. Jack Patera was the coach, Zorn at QB, Efran Herrera was our kicker, and we would do almost anything on the field. I've seen them send the QB in motion, I've seen them punt on 3rd down, I've seen them run every kind of play imaginable from FG formation. They once penalized themselves back to 2nd down & 52, and they got the first down. Those were fun, crazy days.

In all honesty, though, Zorn's mobility usually had less to do with the scheme or aggressiveness than with Zorn just running for his life. (In the early days, our line couldn't stop a broken watch. Well, sometimes -- it was really hit & miss, literally.)

That said, I fully expect his coaching regime in Washington (the other Washington) to be both successful and unconventional. You guys are in for a heckuva ride, I think.

I don't know how Zorn ended his playing career (re: injury), but in Seattle he ended up getting cut after Dave Krieg beat him out for the starting job in mid 1983 and Zorn became a high priced FG holder/passer. The Seahawks kept him through the 1984 season before releasing him. That was a sad moment for many of us.

Thanks for the insight BT. I'm looking forward to what Coach Zorn does for our organization.

:cheers:

I like that video and maybe that is why he is excited about campbell because he can move pretty good also. funny thing, I have heard of Largent but I never heard of zorn until the redskins hired him
Thats funny because when I think of the Seahawks teams Zorn is the first name I think of with Steve Largent second Dave Kreig third and Matt fourth. I guess its because I can remember very vividly when Tampa and Seattle came into the league.

Man, he looks like Mark Brunell.

Anyhow, here are the 10-2 mobile qbs. Notice Vick isn't #1. ??

NFL Network Top Ten: Donovan McNabb(32.26 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 10 mobile quarterback of all-time is Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

NFL Network Top Ten: Doug Flutie(38.82 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 9 mobile quarterback of all-time is former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie.

NFL Network Top Ten: Jim Zorn(27.51 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 8 mobile quarterback of all-time is former Seahawks quarterback Jim Zorn.

NFL Network Top Ten: Dan Marino(32.32 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 7 mobile quarterback of all-time is former Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino.

NFL Network Top Ten: Roger Staubach(32 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

he number 6 mobile quarterback of all-time is former Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach.

NFL Network Top Ten: Michael Vick(43.34 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 4 mobile quarterback of all-time is Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

NFL Network Top Ten: Randall Cunningham(46.77 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 3 mobile quarterback of all-time is former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham.

NFL Network Top Ten: Steve Young(51.8 MB)

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 2 mobile quarterback of all-time is former NFL quarterback Steve Young.

taken from http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/football-clips/155386-nfl-videos-request-thread-nfl-com.html

Man, that's something to be above McNabb, who has embarrassed the Skins running a few times. McNabb reminds me of Woody Dantzler at Clemson, who could win a game single-handedly.

NFL Network Top Ten: Fran Tarkenton

The number 1 mobile quarterback of all-time is former NFL quarterback Fran Tarkenton.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801f9c25

from http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=43155.msg739064;topicseen

Now I'm just missing #5.

EDIT: Okay, here's #5:

The number 5 mobile quarterback of all-time is former Bears quarterback Bobby Douglass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801f98b8

Man, he looks like Mark Brunell.

Anyhow, here are the 10-2 mobile qbs. Notice Vick isn't #1. ??

taken from http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/football-clips/155386-nfl-videos-request-thread-nfl-com.html

Man, that's something to be above McNabb, who has embarrassed the Skins running a few times. McNabb reminds me of Woody Dantzler at Clemson, who could win a game single-handedly.

from http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=43155.msg739064;topicseen

Now I'm just missing #5.

EDIT: Okay, here's #5:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801f98b8

Ya I couldn't find the remaining 9 QBs in the ranking when I looked the NFL network videos.

Thanks for posting the complete list. :cheers:

I would have thought Vick would be ranked higher...but then again....being in jail doens't help his case.:doh:

Friday, August 31, 2007

The number 7 mobile quarterback of all-time is former Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino.

Are you F'N kidding me?? Dan "the statue" Marino? Mark Rypien was more mobile than Marino! They must be counting sacks or pressures or something that would take into account his quick release.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Are you F'N kidding me?? Dan "the statue" Marino? Mark Rypien was more mobile than Marino! They must be counting sacks or pressures or something that would take into account his quick release.

Yeah, are they kidding? That has to be a joke. He could slilde a bit in the pocket, but he was slower than most offensive lineman in the NFL. He was such a statue that without his amazingly quick release, he wouldn't have lasted one season in the NFL.

I have to agree with Fran Tarkenton as number 1. He put the "scram" in scramble.

Friday, August 31, 2007

They must have meant John Elway, the other HOF quarterback from that amazing 1983 draft. Elway certainly was mobile enough to justify being on that list.

And "Dan Marino" sounds a lot like "John Elway." (If you're drunk, with cotton in your ears.)

Archived