Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the most important position in football?

WVUforREDSKINS

*DING*DING*DING*DING*DING*DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

QB

DE

LT

more guys get piced #1 at these positions than any other and I'm willing to bet they make up more picks in the top 5 over the last 10 years or so (obviously exclude QBs cause we all know they get pushed up draft boards)

Now excuse me while I vomit, agreeing with skins fans does that to me sometimes......:puke:

Before you know it you'll be changing your name to redskinfan.

Just look at what teams have to pay players that are franchised, and that will tell you what the most important positions are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2759910

This is the reason I thought (pre ST death) that the skins were crazy for dumping a ton of money into Cooley, ST, and LL, as those three positions are the least "valued" in the NFL.

The numbers from the table in the link above also don't tell the whole story. I think if you got the average for each position (based on every team's starter at that position), you would see that the money would be going to the positions something like this:

1) QB

2) LT

3) DE

4) #1CB

5) OL

6) DL

7) WR

8) RB

9) LB

10)TE/S

Those positions could move up or down a spot or two, but in terms of setting your team up, to me anyway, those are the order of importance. The huge $ that guards have gotten lately (Faneca, Hutchinson, Dockery) have probably skewed the franchise tag average for guards, b/c they're no way near as difficult to acquire as a LT.

PF

I'd say the least important position is RB. Maybe WR or TE.

In order, I'd say it's Left Tackle, Cornerback, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Right Tackle, Center, Middle Linebacker, Guard, Outside Linebacker, FS/SS, RB, WR/TE.

S and TE by far imo.

• 2 weeks later...

skiins/fletcher or portis or the red snapper

pukes/Romo sits to pee

eagles/westbrook

giants/eli

packers/favre

bears/urlacher

vickings/mckinney or ej

detroit/matt millen

bucs/garcia

falcons/vick

saints/brees

panthers/smith

cards/boldin and fitz

49ers/shawn hill

rams/jackson

seahawks/their 12th man

pats/brady and their camera man

bills/lynch

miami/tuna

jets/who ever they trade us

ravens/ray or reed or magahee

steelers/ben

browns/winslow

bungles/palmer

texans/a johnson

titans/young

jags/their two DTs

colts/manning

raiders/al davis's succesor

broncos/shannahan

cheifs/larry johnson

chargers/lt

Center. It all starts and ends with a Center. It you have a Center that gets manhandled then you are screwed because everything else falls apart. One the other side you could say a good Nose Tackle is the most valuable too for some teams.

Archived