Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ed Reed on 1300am Thursday afternoon

RavenzSuck

Living in Baltimore, I am forced to listen to only a few local sports stations. Today, I was listening to the Anita Marks show on 1300am. This is all paraphrasing. It started by them jocking Ed Reed really hard and then Anita says that she heard that there is a new slogan going around about Ed Reed. She thought it fit him so well and she said that she loved it. She said that "98 % of the world is covered by Water, the rest is covered by Ed Reed". She continued to jock him and the hosts were laughing and saying how it was such a fitting quote. Reed was pretty modest. He said that he didnt know where it came from but people have been saying this quote lately. Do you guys remember who said this quote first? It was Fred Smoot about 6 years ago. It was on his website, smootsmack and I heard him say it. For all I know, Fred could have gotten it from someone else. It was so pathetic, they were jocking him so hard and it was just so amateur. I guess that this is the type of radio that we should get in a secondary market. I tried calling in to clarify the origin of the phrase but I couldn't get through. These were the same idiot media who joked about the Sean Taylor death saying, " You shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight".

Did anyone else hear this crap today?

I think Smoot got it from Deion
Yeah I think it was originally a Deion quote too, which wouldn't be surprising at all.

I don't see the big deal here. Holy cow a local sports radio show was hyping up the premiere elite safety from their football team- the nerve of it! Take it easy, it's not so bad.

The phrase seems to go back further than Smoot and Deion if this is accurate.

Best Ralph Kiner Quotes: The most famous quotes by Ralph Kiner

On Fathers Day, we again wish you all happy birthday. — Ralph Kiner

The hall of fame ceremonies are on the 31st and 32nd of July. — Ralph Kiner

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The other third is covered by Garry Maddox. — Ralph Kiner

And from wiki...

Maddox's 1975 Gold Glove was his first of eight in a row. His sparkling play led Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas to remark, "Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Garry Maddox." (This quote has also been attributed to Ralph Kiner, the Hall-of-Fame slugger-turned-broadcaster for the New York Mets.) Kalas nicknamed Maddox the "Secretary of Defense."

It's pretty much...75% percent of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by (your favorite player's name here)

insert:

Your mammas big fat ***

Geico

the axis of evil

G Ferrraro

Spitzer's balls (as in " I cant believe he had the balls to do that...")

lets keep this going! It could get interesting

I was able to talk to Ed Reed like two weeks ago, I sat at a table next to him at a restaurant.

He's a really friendly guy, you could tell he's still shaken by ST's death. He told me that he still expects ST to pick up the phone whenever he calls.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL.com, another prized candidate could hit the open market. Fred Smoot, of "water covers two-thirds of the earth, Smoot covers the rest" fame, is likely to be cut this week before he receives a bonus from the Vikings. If he becomes available, the Giants should certainly join the Smoot sweepstakes.

IT WAS SMOOT

Archived