Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Draft Picks

Taylor 36

There have been a few threads asking about our picks this year, yet I've noticed that no one seems to be answering the question or taking the time to look it up. So, for anyone wondering about the Redskins drafting schedule this year, here you go:

We have the following (currently) in 2008:

Round 1 - 21

Round 2 - 20 (52)

Round 3 - 21 (85)

Round 4 - 20 (116) to Broncos for Duckett

Round 5 - 21 (149)

Round 6 - 20 (180)

Round 7 - 21 (213)

The numbers in parentheses are the over-all pick numbers.

Indications are we'll get a 3 for losing dock, so pencil in a pick around the 100 area.

There also may be extras tacked on at the tail end of the draft, where presumably we're looking at punter, qb and maybe a 1-aa project.

We'll find out for sure in a few weeks.

Because he played so much for us, it became a 4th in 2009.

exactly right, I think he had to play a couple games less to be a 5th, but BOTH picks were to be in 2009. Being that he started and played almost every down, he became a 4th in 2009 trade. He should provide quality OL play this year as well, with that, he was MORE THAN WORTH a 4th rounder next year.

What did we get for Archuleta and don't we get a comp. pick this year for Dockery, does anybody know.

Compensatory picks aren't awarded until the end of this month at the owner's meetings, they're apparently announced on the 2nd day of the owner's meetings which would put it @ March 31st this year.

From links to a somewhat reliable forcater's prognostications provided by the likes of Rich Tandler's blog, the Redskins are expected to be awarded 3 picks overall. A 3rd rounder and 2 7th rounders.

Here's a link to the site that Rich's blog was referring to, http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=208336 and here's a link to Rich's blog entry covering this, http://redskinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-draft-picks-for-redskins.html

I really want to see us draft DRC in the first if he falls to us and grab a WR in the second..maybe Devin Thomas or sources have said Manningham may slip to us in the second.

DRC would be able to fill in for rogers until he gets healthy and provide needed depth.

Devin Thomas would be great in the WCO with his RAC ability.

I'm not sure but I doubt we will be getting anything in return for Arch, except for maybe a cap hit. Most around here are expecting a third round comp pick for Dock.

As it relates to Archuleta, we essentially did not get anything in return for him. The Redskins received a 6th round pick in the 2007 draft, #205 overall. This pick was wasted on the amazing Jordan Palmer who did so wonderfully in the preseason that he got cut loose shortly thereafter and now resides with his brother in Cincy.

Archived