Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Julius Jones Signs with Seattle

Truant

Dallas' Oline may be massive and very talented, but they're not athletic enough, sadly, to maul quick defenders.

It's no surprise that we're still having trouble running screens as well(which is probably Julius' biggest strength).

Based on the evaluations I've read on Jones it seems his best qualities are his vision, power, elusiveness and quick first burst. With these attributes he should have thrived behind Dallas' big line.

Certainly Jones will be given more opportunity receiving but he has never been known to have the best hands or been great in blocking.

Based on the evaluations I've read on Jones it seems his best qualities are his vision, power, elusiveness and quick first burst. With these attributes he should have thrived behind Dallas' big line.

Certainly Jones will be given more opportunity receiving but he has never been known to have the best hands or been great in blocking.

Either way-I hope he DOES do well in Seattle. Like I mentioned above, he just happened to have alot of dumb luck here in Dallas.

*shrugs* getting displayed on all those grocery store displays a couple of years may have made him eat the cheese too.

Good luck in Seattle, Julius. Its funny, he's played in that stadium 3 or 4 times and usually did pretty well, IIRC. It'll be interesting to see if he does better in Holmgren's system. Parcells/Sparano basically designed the running game in Dallas, and I gotta think the WCO blocking and design is going to be a lot different. The Cowboys never did do much to take advantage of JJ's receiving skills, but he's got some. He might have a lot more catches next year.

I think he'll probably do better in Seattle.

He's not going to be that 20+ carry/game, 16 game/season guy, but with Morris and Duckett splitting with him, he will be effective.

Not sure about the more catches thing though since, well, you have to be able to actually catch the ball.

I think he'll probably do better in Seattle.

He's not going to be that 20+ carry/game, 16 game/season guy, but with Morris and Duckett splitting with him, he will be effective.

Not sure about the more catches thing though since, well, you have to be able to actually catch the ball.

Do you have any stats on drops by Julius? I think he can catch the ball. He's got 84 receptions.

Do you have any stats on drops by Julius? I think he can catch the ball. He's got 84 receptions.

Just purely by watching every snap of every Dallas game.

For some reason, I have recollections of him dropping simple screen passes, etc.

But maybe that's just our screen game in general.

Just purely by watching every snap of every Dallas game.

For some reason, I have recollections of him dropping simple screen passes, etc.

But maybe that's just our screen game in general.

I think this is a little bit like an urban legend. Somebody comes out and says JJ can't catch, and then Parcell's takes him off the field in 3rd down situations, and the idea gathers momentum. Pretty soon, its just common knowledge that JJ is a lousy receiver. I understand that its the perception, but I don't think its the reality.

I think this is a little bit like an urban legend. Somebody comes out and says JJ can't catch, and then Parcell's takes him off the field in 3rd down situations, and the idea gathers momentum. Pretty soon, its just common knowledge that JJ is a lousy receiver. I understand that its the perception, but I don't think its the reality.

While I may, in my head, think he's dropped more balls than he actually did, he never stood out as a good or even above average receiving RB.

Does Seattle feel that a Jones/Ducket combo would get the same results as Alexander, while being cheaper?

Oh yeah, I was reading the latest issue of "Science Weekly". They say that just not being in Dallas, will lower Jones' Sucking Ratio by over 90%. Turns out, he isn't awful.

Don't agree with that. Its a fact.

Has Sean Alexander been released yet? I would say its a certainty now. Wonder where he'll end up? I never thought he was all that special.

Well, it appears Alexander is on the outs.

Alexander wants to know what's up

Jim Steiner, the agent for the 2005 league MVP, told The Associated Press on Monday evening that he will meet with Seahawks executives about what future—if any—Alexander has in Seattle.

“We’re going to have some discussions with the Seahawks in the next few days,” Steiner said in telephone interview. “It will be about the running back situation there.”

Steiner declined to comment whether the Seahawks have asked Alexander to restructure the $62 million, eight-year contract he signed before the 2006 season. That was weeks after he set a then-NFL record with 28 touchdowns and a franchise record of 1,880 yards rushing.

Alexander, 30, is scheduled to earn $4,475,000 in 2008. He has received $18.8 million in base salary so far on his contract, which Steiner at the time said was the richest ever for an NFL running back. Alexander has also received about $13.5 million guarantees through signing and other bonuses.

Alexander has had two injury-filled and ineffective seasons since signing his deal, including last season in which he ran for just 716 yards in 13 games. That was his lowest total since he replaced Ricky Watters as Seattle’s lead back in 2001. So his trade value is lower than ever.

There appears to be no place for Alexander with the Seahawks, in their backfield or on their payroll.

---------

Duckett’s signing was thought to potentially be a complement to Alexander to help Seattle mostly in short-yardage situations the Seahawks’ have struggled with the last two seasons. But Jones’ deal appears to be an indictment of Alexander.

---------

Seattle has dedicated this offseason to remodeling its running game, hiring former Kansas City offensive coordinator Mike Solari as offensive line coach and signing former Pro Bowl offensive guard Mike Wahle.

The end of the Shaun Alexander era may be next.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived