Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot is a drama queen!

gutlead74

I love having Smoot on this Team. He's a tough SOB.

Another thing I hope he brings to the table is some life lessons for the young guys. When some of these young guys see "greener" pastures as they become FAs, hopefully Smoot can step in and let them know that all that money won't nessicarily make you happier. And if you're happy where you're at you should stay there.

Smoot is definitely one of my favorite 'Skins. He's a true football player and a true Redskin. Despite being constantly underrated he keeps coming out and playing at a very high level, with no regard for his own well-being. The man puts so much of himself into every play. I love seeing threads like this because I often feel like no one truly appreciates what he does for this team. His play during our late run into the playoffs was truly inspirational. I love seeing guys play inspired football week in and week out for nothing but the love of the game and the desire to win, and that’s what you get with Fred Smoot.

What is really incredible is that there are quite a few guys on this team (Mike Sellers/Clinton Portis just to name a couple) that I feel I could say very similar things about, while most teams would be lucky to have one guy like that.

I'm one of three proud owners of a #27 jersey and that includes the man himself.

Haha, I have one as well. People often do a double take to see whose number that is or make comments like "Fred Smoot? I didn't even know they make those."

Darrell Green was good at that as well. Man would just dive in there many, many times and then come out with a grimace on his face. Next thing you know, he's right back in there doing it again.,(apparently, if it hurts, don't do it didn't and doesn't apply to many of those guys out there). He was a tough guy. And I think Smoot is as well,(and let's face it. How many guys out there are doing the same thing only the camera isn't on them?).

I doubt I am the first to say this, but the man is willing to throw his whole body for a tackle. Usually that means he throws between 20-50lbs less at someone to bring them down.

Smoot is a small guy who puts it on the line. I am not the least bit surprised that he need to catch a breather now and again.

Plus mad props for him during his first stint with us when he had that solar plex injury, that is flat out bad ass to play through.

Hope the man retires a Skin!

I was watching some video, where Sellars gave gag gifts to some of the redskins.

Smoots gift: a box of little kid band aids. The guy is always getting hurt and lying around and crawling to the sidelines. Then goes back in the next play. There are guys like that on every level of football

He'd make a fantastic soccer player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDpl-g96TtI

falling everywhere clutching their faces, and magically in 30 seconds are up again playing

Hope the man retires a Skin!

He will if we let him. He went after the money once and his whole life got messed up so he came home and said he never wants to leave again. Actually, I beleive his exact words were "call me Darrell Green". Since he said that, Ive been holding him to it.

Haha, I have one as well. People often do a double take to see whose number that is or make comments like "Fred Smoot? I didn't even know they make those."

Yea I never see people wearing the number 27 jersey. I was at the Skins store at the Miami game last year looking for a jersey. As soon as I spotted it I grabbed it off the rack and bought. Smoot has been one of my fav players since his first stint with us. The dude is a warrior on the field. I'm pretty sure he'll retire a Redskin. When we resigned him, he said he never felt right when he went to Minnesota. When he came back, you could tell he was really happy to be back in Washington.

Archived