Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Love for Browns! but its what we did years before???

Est.1932

I cant believe all the love the Browns are getting for all the big FA moves, they signed and then recontracted an over weight locker room trouble maker and even signed an over rated WR (Stallworth) and the list of FAs go on...

So why do all the press guys (most at least) love what the Browns are doing, and when the Redskins did it they gave them a hard time?

They always said you cant buy a super bowl winning team but they seem to be in love with the Browns...

Seems like the Skins set the pace for the NFL good or bad...

I've been saying the same thing for a week now. Everybody and their dog it seemed talked junk when we spent mucho money during FA. But again, I think back on some/most of the FA we over spent for. Oh well...come on draft day and '08 season.

corey williams and shaun rogers were legit pickups. stallworth might come back to bite them, but it's not as if they are relying on him really, since they already have braylon edwards and kellen winslow. they made some good moves, i don't think its really fair to compare them to the 49ers.

Well, their moves have made more sense. When it happened, Lloyd made more sense. Andre Carter definitely did. Archuleta was coming off some good seasons. Randle El was kinda random, overpaying for a return man.

Now in hindsight, Randle El is a legit WR, and Archuleta is on his way out of the league, as well as Lloyd.

I cant believe all the love the Browns are getting for all the big FA moves, they signed and then recontracted an over weight locker room trouble maker and even signed an over rated WR (Stallworth) and the list of FAs go on...

So why do all the press guys (most at least) love what the Browns are doing, and when the Redskins did it they gave them a hard time?

They always said you cant buy a super bowl winning team but they seem to be in love with the Browns...

Seems like the Skins set the pace for the NFL good or bad...

Matt Millen also got a 1st day pick + a pretty good corner for this unmotivated, overweight slob.

Heh-this bumbling idiot DID DO something right for a change, and hasn't gotten any accolades for it.:2cents:

It all comes with being the 'Skins. No matter what they do they get bashed for it.

buying guys via FA - can't buy a ring

trying to build through the draft and not overpaying guys - need to get FAs to bolster your team

damned if you do.. damned if you don't

I've been saying the same thing for a week now. Everybody and their dog it seemed talked junk when we spent mucho money during FA. But again, I think back on some/most of the FA we over spent for. Oh well...come on draft day and '08 season.

maybe. then again maybe not.

maybe the Skins...when this all started...signed WAY over-the-hill stars like Deion and Bruce Smith. Maybe it wasn't the strategy but its application that was flawed. The Skins were shooting for a quick turn-around. Fine...that's the goal. What was fubar was who they signed to make the strategy work. All the wrong guys.

Additionally, the Browns have also built from he draft at several key positions (until this season). they have something of a young base with Anderson, Quinn, Edwards, Winslow, etc. The Skins were much less adept at that.

We'll see how the Browns strategy pans out this year.

It all comes with being the 'Skins. No matter what they do they get bashed for it.

buying guys via FA - can't buy a ring

trying to build through the draft and not overpaying guys - need to get FAs to bolster your team

damned if you do.. damned if you don't

hmmm...sounds to me like you are painting a picture of an aimless strategy that drifts from one extreme to the other. it's how all the options are meshed into a plan that is applied year in and year out. and, of course, results. I doubt this has to do with Skins bashing. The NFL and its armies of strap-hangers are all very much front-runners. winners are supported. losers are a side-show until proven otherwise.

So if it is the case that it isn't the plan so much as the application of it, then perhaps we are closer than we thought? I have heard it mentioned repeatedly that Vinny was overruled several times on player acquisitions in the past. Now he has his shot to show us what he really thinks.

If we show clear evidence that there is "A Plan" and we are going to be patient and follow it I could accept almost anything that happens this season.

I personally think it's because Cleveland is "young" and have filled holes with trades and free agency, coming off a 10 win season. It's not like they sucked and have sucky players. They have gotten better. I they look good on paper this year.

We'll have to see how it all pans out. They have a tough schedule. Their division is tough, they play the tough NFC East next year as well as the tough AFC South and throw in a rebuilt Cleveland-esq Jets. Tough year ahead.

They DO have a tough schedule but if their D hadn't collapsed last season they would have had a shot at a deep run in the playoffs. The Browns are looking better, more than just on paper. Tough teams show it in tough games.

A lot of us expatriate Buckeyes would love to see 'em do some damage this year. They could contend for their division.

Nope I am going to give Last Year to the Patriots.

Moss, Welker, and Adilus (sp?) Thomas.

Perhaps. I just remember how all the media-heads got hard-ons for San Fran's offseason last year and look how that turned out.

And **** the patriots. :D

Archived