Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts for a 2nd or 3rd round pick!

J-bomb

We should trade Betts for another number 2 round pick and a possible 2nd day pick then use it to get one of these talented backs that are in the draft that way we have a future starter and a backup for CP. Everyone is learning a new offense so it's not like a rookie can't compete with a backup for a spot in a new system! Betts will never start here and we might as well get something for him before he leaves for free agency after 08 season. The more quality picks we acquire the more room we have to negotiate with other teams for potential trades, just a thought!

What say you?

Why? We have a back that is under contract (and a fare one at that) and proven to be an excellent option for a back-up. Why should we roll the dice by trading him for a pick to just waste that pick up another, unproven back???

This absolutely does not make sense!

Starting RBs command very little value in the trade market, you'd be hard pressed to get a 2nd for a good number of starting RBs out there. Do you really think that Betts, a backup RB who only had one solid season behind a stout O-line, will be able to command such a high pick? And if so, what teams do you see needing an RB so desperately that they would give up so much for Betts?

I personally don't see it.

I dunno about that. I'm fine with trading betts to get some more draft picks, but I think it would be worthless to get another runningback. Sure Betts may never start, but he is a proven good backup. Plus Clinton is only 26, so hopefully we don't need to start thinking about his replacement for another 5+ years. And Betts can be a perfect backup during those years.

In 2006, Betts signed a five year contract. I don't know what the out clauses are, but I don't why you would want to trade a proven vet for unknown players who might end up costing you more. Betts signed a Redskins-friendly contract and has proven himself. What makes you think he will leave for free agency after the 08 season when he should still be under contract?

I say we keep Betts. Besides, I don't think anyone is really knocking down our doors to get him.

Hail,

H

Starting RBs command very little value in the trade market, you'd be hard pressed to get a 2nd for a good number of starting RBs out there. Do you really think that Betts, a backup RB who only had one solid season behind a stout O-line, will be able to command such a high pick? And if so, what teams do you see needing an RB so desperately that they would give up so much for Betts?

I personally don't see it.

Kansas City Chiefs. They were last in rushing in the NFL. LJ probably won't recreate his previous years. Holmes is done and their 3rd stringer is not better than Betts. Betts fits their system perfectly

Detroit Lions also has no runing game as they finsihed 2nd to last. Instead of a #2 pick we could trade Betts for Williams

Kansas City Chiefs. They were last in rushing in the NFL. LJ probably won't recreate his previous years. Holmes is done and their 3rd stringer is not better than Betts. Betts fits their system perfectly

Detroit Lions also has no runing game as they finsihed 2nd to last. Instead of a #2 pick we could trade Betts for Williams

They gave LJ a huge contract, they have no choice but to make it work. They can't cut or trade him because of the salary cap. So no they cannot make a trade for another RB.

I actually think Betts would have the interest of several teams and a 2nd is not out of the relm of possibility. I personally like Betts and do not think it would be a wise move especially since Rock is likely gone. I see nothing at all in Marcus Mason either.

A number 2? Let us ask Julius Jones how the demand is out there for RBs

Julius Jones can't read holes that's why teams don't want him! Both the Jones brothers lack vision and teams need backs that can read and react to the defense!

No way Betts is worth a 2nd but I do like the idea of trading hopefully get a 3rd and 5th but probably would just end up getting a 4th and a 5th I would be happy with that and then use our 4th on Steve Slaton/ Chris Johnson/ Tashard Choice/ or Jacob Hester.

I actually think Betts would have the interest of several teams and a 2nd is not out of the relm of possibility. I personally like Betts and do not think it would be a wise move especially since Rock is likely gone. I see nothing at all in Marcus Mason either.

what teams do you think would be interested in him? I know dever was the year we re-signed him, but I would worry that given his performance last year, not very many people are interested in him anymore.

what teams do you think would be interested in him? I know dever was the year we re-signed him, but I would worry that given his performance last year, not very many people are interested in him anymore.

If the Steelers signed Moore to a 3 yr deal you're telling me Betts can't sign on with a team like carolina, cincy,miami, jetts,detroit or seattle? Those teams have no proven starter or backup!

If Betts is so proven then why wouldn't teams trade for him? You guys are giving him too much credit we can find a suitable replacement for him in the draft or FA and we wouldn't lose a step!

I agree though. I love Betts and he was wonderful for us when Portis went down, but how much was he used last season? Hardly at all. It is best to trade him now for draft picks before he leaves us and we get nothing. I still say our best time to trade hime was after the 06-07 season when he rushed for over a thousand yards, but that's just my opinion.

Archived