Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, well...the pukes have only $4 M in cap room...

tr1

http://www.mlive.com/business/ambizdaily/bizjournals/index.ssf?/base/abd-3/1175496038166660.xml

This article is dated back in April 2007, but it says Jones is seeking around 1 billion dollars for the naming rights to the stadium. The article points out the Texans sold their naming rights for 300+ million, so Jones' figure mught not be out of the question. In any case, it does look like Jones will be able to recuperate a substantial portion of the construction cost off the naming rights alone.

Dude chill out, I'm just passing along information, there is no need to act like a smart ass. Besides, the price hikes for an already fickle fan-base do lend some credence to what tr1 was saying about Jones having potential financial woes.

If you'd actually bother to read the article in the link, there is more in there too.

In TR1's defense. He's probably been told by numeruous Boys fans that, the Skins weren't going to make any moves in this year's free agency, because Snyder's Six Flags stock has fallin. Yeah I know. :laugh:

So, if six flags has such an impact on the Redskins free agent moves, why wouldn't a new stadium make a big impact on the Cowboys as well?

http://www.mlive.com/business/ambizdaily/bizjournals/index.ssf?/base/abd-3/1175496038166660.xml

This article is dated back in April 2007, but it says Jones is seeking around 1 billion dollars for the naming rights to the stadium. The article points out the Texans sold their naming rights for 300+ million, so Jones' figure mught not be out of the question. In any case, it does look like Jones will be able to recuperate a substantial portion of the construction cost off the naming rights alone.

these guys are trying to sneak in Snyder there somehow. Trying to recoup 700 mil with price hikes in tickets and parking is about the dumbest logic I have heard them make so far in this thread.

Have you guys considered as to why EVERY year you are more and more OVER the cap, and then EVERY year, you have to go to your players and have them restructure just to get under the cap. Have you considered that no other team DOES this except the Redskins?

Eventually, you will reach the breaking point, and all the restructurings will not help. In fact, all it take but one player to refuse to restructure to bring down that house of cards.

And then you happen to have the OLDEST and most expensive roster and underperforming roster in the league.

The Cowboys had $15 million OUTRIGHT and then they tendered some of their players, re-signed one, and franchised the other. All of that and in combination with your numerous restructures is why you have more cap space.

It'd make alot more sense to brag about having cap space WITHOUT having to restructure.

Actually, Shawn Springs refused to restructure last year, and our "house of cards" still stand tall :D

In TR1's defense. He's probably been told by numeruous Boys fans that, the Skins weren't going to make any moves in this year's free agency, because Snyder's Six Flags stock has fallin. Yeah I know. :laugh:

So, if six flags has such an impact on the Redskins free agent moves, why wouldn't a new stadium make a big impact on the Cowboys as well?

Because the Cowboys all pee liquid gold, and crap gold nuggets. Jones is set with this unlimited financial sourse. It is also the reason why the Cowboys can apparently do no wrong. I mean seriously, who is going to fault people who can crap gold and make it smell like daisies? :laugh:

The Skins probably have the most expensive starting roster.

But I don't understand how we can have the most expensive roster in the league, yet still have more cap space than the Cowboys. Are we getting more money than other teams? Are we cheating now, is that it? hmm, something doesn't add up here.

Where's this extra money coming from?

Both suggestions are ludicrous.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU hhahahaha... may i direct the cowpuke fans to this link.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162983 - please click puke fans.

See, of course this is going to be a "dumb" thread to all the cowboy fans, but the thing is, you're in a redskins forum, where we talk amongst each other about other teams, and our team.. and if you dont like what we say, then you dont have to come here. I dont see any of us, going to cowboys forums and debating and arguing about how the redskins are better than the cowboys.

But it's funny to me, that all you cowboy fans spend more time on our site, then your own. It's quite comical actually, and just remember... our team isnt the most hated team in the NFL.. yours is, and if you want to argue with other teams fans about what they think of your team, you better go to the other teams sites and defend your cowboys, because everyone knows y'all are a joke. Y'all claim "SuperBowl Or Bust" every year.. and every year, it's bust. I mean y'all talk SOOO much trash about the redskins, but then expect US to understand and listen to what( "self-proclaimed all knowledgeable" cowboy fans have to say? and in OUR house? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Our fans dont sway like the wind like yours, you will see people wearing redskins stuff no matter if we win or lose, too bad the cowboy fans cant say the same. All cowboy fans are the same. On gameday, after they lose and after all that trash talking, the cell phones are cut off and no one hears from y'all??? But when y'all win... That's when the party starts, thats when you see ALLLLLLL the little cowboy fans with their gay hats and their gay jerseys and their gay trash talking (thats always corny) and y'all will argue a fasle point until its beat to death just to defen your team. I see you're always on our site, so why not just join in and be a fan of a real team?you know you want to.

The Skins probably have the most expensive starting roster.

But I don't understand how we can have the most expensive roster in the league, yet still have more cap space than the Cowboys. Are we getting more money than other teams? Are we cheating now, is that it? hmm, something doesn't add up here.

Where's this extra money coming from?

How many contracts have the Skins restructured this year?

Dallas has restructured 0 contracts and have already USED 11 million in cap space this year on top of the 4 million we have left

Because the Cowboys all pee liquid gold, and crap gold nuggets. Jones is set with this unlimited financial sourse. It is also the reason why the Cowboys can apparently do no wrong. I mean seriously, who is going to fault people who can crap gold and make it smell like daisies? :laugh:

ohhh man, pleaseeee read my post above.. hahahaa you hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD! it's SOOO true. Even in here, you see the cowboy fans think they are always right, and we are always wrong. US dumb-dumb redskin fans dont know anything.. err-durrrrr and the famous quote "we have 5 rings"

hahahahaha, stick to your guns fellas, y'all are falling off! 5 rings right? we only have 3? but you forget we have a total of 5, yes F-I-V-E- championships as well. It's not our fault it wasn't named the "superbowl" when we took two championships home.

Dallas has restructured 0 contracts and have already USED 11 million in cap space this year on top of the 4 million we have left

all that money doesnt get you playoff wins though.

we may restructure but you guys are looking more and more like the Skins of 00 when we signed people off of name alone. Zach Thomas? Wow..

If players are willing to restructure why wouldnt the FO do that? If they are willing to help clear cap space why not take advantage of it?

all that money doesnt get you playoff wins though.

we may restructure but you guys are looking more and more like the Skins of 00 when we signed people off of name alone. Zach Thomas? Wow..

If players are willing to restructure why wouldnt the FO do that? If they are willing to help clear cap space why not take advantage of it?

LMAO signing one guy to a 2mill deal is nothing like the skins of 2000 LOL

If we need cap room we WILL do it thats the point, right now there is no need

LMAO signing one guy to a 2mill deal is nothing like the skins of 2000 LOL

If we need cap room we WILL do it thats the point, right now there is no need

what i meant by that brainiac was that he is well past his prime and has nothing left in the tank. you signed him because of name alone. your D is built on speed and Thomas has NONE of that left.

what i meant by that brainiac was that he is well past his prime and has nothing left in the tank. you signed him because of name alone. your D is built on speed and Thomas has NONE of that left.

Dude had 50 tackles in 5 games last year thats better than One of our ILB's.

Has plenty in the tank.

Dude had 50 tackles in 5 games last year thats better than One of our ILB's.

Has plenty in the tank.

He does?

He has concussions and neck injuries left in the tank. But Im glad you are all hyped up on him because its going to be that much better to laugh when he goes down for the season.

*not laugh at his injury but the I told you so factor*

How many people have the Redskins needed to resign? One. A back-up QB.

The cap is crap -- it's a myth. There are 1000 ways around it.

How many people have the Redskins needed to resign? One. A back-up QB.

The cap is crap -- it's a myth. There are 1000 ways around it.

True, but why do skins fans seem to think the skins are the only team that can create cap room? When the time comes, Dallas can create as much cap room as they need but according to skins fans, Dallas is in cap hell with only $4 million left. And now the ridiculous assertion that Dallas hasn't decided to start playing games with the cap because Jones is broke. Maybe Jones has decided to let the market cool down a little. He has all the time in the world to negotiate longterm deals with Hamlin, Barber, and Canty. He also has the flexibility to create whatever cap room is needed should an interesting free agent or trade come about.

Off the top of my head:

Clinton Portis

Santana Moss

Chris Samuels (though it was more like a contract extension)

That is all the major ones I can think of, though there could be more. We also cleared up good room when we voided Brunell and Cartwright's contracts.

Of course you guys haven't restructured, because Jones would have to give players more guaranteed money, out of his pocket. So really, you are lending more credence to tr1.

hahahahaha, stick to your guns fellas, y'all are falling off! 5 rings right? we only have 3? but you forget we have a total of 5, yes F-I-V-E- championships as well. It's not our fault it wasn't named the "superbowl" when we took two championships home.

So you agree, then, that the Eagles don't in fact have an empty trophy case?

You must, based on this statement.

And was put on IR because of migraines.

And has been given a clean bill of health. Lets not forget that little nugget of information. I'm sure he is soo willing to risk his quality of life to play one more year of football for a meager salary. He got a concussion and just as he was about to return got into a serious car accident that reaggravated the concussion and injured his neck. His winless team put him on IR so as not to risk his availability for the following year. He was given a clean bill of health and could have come back last year but there really was no need.

Archived