Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Phins Jason Taylor on the Trading Block?

Veretax

I've been browsing a few boards, and on the packer's forum there has apparently been circulating a rumor that Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins may be on the trading block. I'm not sure where this information originates, but I went and looked at Taylor's stats for 2007, and I can understand why Miami might be willing to part with him. THere's just one problem, I'm not sold on the price they may be setting to part with him. Accroding to what I've been reading they want two draft picks, probably a 2nd and a 4th for Jason Taylor. So I thought I'd ask your guys opinions? If you had a 2nd and a 4th Round pick, and could land Jason Taylor, a Defensive End who had 11 sacks and 55 tackles last year, would that be a worth while trade? Or do you think you would be giving up too much?

I'm of the opinion that it might be giving up far too much, but I was wondering what the other ESers may think about it ... I'm not really sold that he'd be a good pick up for just any team, what do you guys think?

Taylor is 32 years old. Parcells doesn't give much away for free. He realizes that another team is going to have to pay Taylor and the returns on a 32 year old player in the NFL over time is reflected in the law of diminishing returns :)

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TAYLOR, FINS TO PART WAYS?

We reported earlier in the day that rumors of a trade that would send Fins defensive end Jason Taylor to the Packers for a second- and fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft are premature.

But, as Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports, a divorce between Taylor and the Dolphins is coming.

Per Cole, the team and the player have agreed to an amicable split. But, as we've pointed out, no one has consulted with Taylor about whether he'd accept a trade to Green Bay (or anywhere). So don't look for anything to happen soon.

Certainly, Taylor will be a key component of any conversations regarding a trade. But he's currently occupied with preparations for Dancing with the Stars, and to the extent that he's interested in parlaying the exposure into a post-football career in Hollywood playing roles other than himself or a prison guard in The Longest Yard II, Taylor needs to stick around as long as possible in the competition.

So he'll need to focus. And that could mean that he won't have the time or the inclination to deal with exploring opportunities in other NFL cities or worrying about the terms of a new contract.

Thus, while Cole thinks a deal will be done before the draft, the major sticking point could be Taylor sticking around Dancing with the Stars deep into April.

This is the move that the Skins should make. There is no FA out there, except maybe for R. Moss, that will have a more immediate impact than Taylor. In the NFC East he will average one sack and one turnover per game in the short-term, if not more.

Kinda like Strahan, but better.

Danny, this is the move!

TUNA DENIES THAT TAYLOR IS DONE IN MIAMI

On Saturday, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported that the Dolphins and defensive end Jason Taylor are headed for an amicable divorce.

In response, Dolphins V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells says that Taylor won't be leaving.

Parcells told Chris Mortensen of ESPN that Taylor's options for 2008 will be to play for the Fins, or to retire.

"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells said.

Ouch.

Though we're not sure how this is all going to play out, we strongly believe that Taylor isn't interested in playing for the Dolphins in 2008. So if the choice is to play for the Fins or pack it in, Taylor might very well do the latter.

Especially if this Dancing With The Stars thing ends up being the gateway to the kind of Hollywood career that guys like Matt Leinart and Braylon Edwards can only dream of.

"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells said.

No Parcell's fan here, but I am so glad a repuatable coach finally stoood up and said something about the modern state of journalism. It's a joke, and the sad part is, no matter how untrue a story is, the majority of people believe it as fact.

Archived