Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Day 1 of Free Agency Done

jivelikenice

I think a few positives came out of today for the Redskins by them standing pat:

1. Re-signing Todd Collins. We are very solid at the qb position now

2. DJ Hackett and Bryant Johnson have not signed anywhere. The longer they stay out on the market the more the dollars should come down.

3. Javon Walker is now also on the market adding a little depth to the pool of wide receivers available.

4. The Redskins were able to maintain their restraint despite the temptation to jump into the mix

5. Parting ways with Brunell. It's time to groom a young 3rd stringer

6. G-Men lost two starters from their defense to Free Agency. Enjoy Spags

7. Eagles IMO wasted money on Samuels when they already had a top flight corner in Lito Sheppard on their team.

All in all not a bad first day. Let's hope Hackett and Bryant Johnson make it through the weekend. I also think we should look at Ian Gold as a 4th linebacker to fill Rocky's role as he recovers and Jacob Bell and Maurice Williams.

Lito top flight thats a good one......that had me laughing for a while

anyway who says them picking up asante doesnt matter is being a fan and naive

Nope, just actually watched football and have seen what type of player Lito is. Health is the only reason he's not seen in that category. IMO, flip flopping Lito for Asante really changes little. But please enlighten me on why Lito actually is a bum. While you're at it do you also think Romo sits to pee, TO, McNabb, Plax are all bums too?

Lito Sheppard is a good football player/CB, 17 career INTs for 460 yards, 2 sacks, 207 solo tackles. and 27 years old. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Id say thats more than what Carlos has done. I think somebody else is being naive.

Lito top flight thats a good one......that had me laughing for a while

anyway who says them picking up asante doesnt matter is being a fan and naive

Many would argue that Asante is more of a system cb. He gets a lot of picks mainly due to the front 7 applying tons of pressure.

since we are talking about the first day of free agency i have to complain about something, if the Skins get a couple free agents we are trying to buy a superbowl yet two years in a row the 49ers go nuts in free agency and everyone in sports are praising them for being aggressive and improving their team

since we are talking about the first day of free agency i have to complain about something, if the Skins get a couple free agents we are trying to buy a superbowl yet two years in a row the 49ers go nuts in free agency and everyone in sports are praising them for being aggressive and improving their team

Agreed, especially considering how the 49ers regressed bigtime after spending all of that money last offseason in FA.

Agreed, especially considering how the 49ers regressed bigtime after spending all of that money last offseason in FA.

It may be an overstatement to say they "regressed bigtime". They haven't been any good in years. Maybe they're not getting the attention we did because they've totally fallen off the radar in terms of being a team in contention. When we made the big moves, we were considered to be a team just a few players away from a possible championship. No one has thought that about the 49ers in years.

why did we let Chris Clemons go, and now he is being talked about as a really good up and coming pass rusher. Did his year in Oakland teach him some proper technique, did he bulk up, was it age/experience? I see that the Eagles might be making a run at him and that he might be a really great young player on the DL/LB

what happened?

Nope, just actually watched football and have seen what type of player Lito is. Health is the only reason he's not seen in that category. IMO, flip flopping Lito for Asante really changes little. But please enlighten me on why Lito actually is a bum. While you're at it do you also think Romo sits to pee, TO, McNabb, Plax are all bums too?

Romo sits to pee is an ok QB he's not good, TO is a great WR, he's tall as hell and has skills, McNabb is trash thats all, he's injury prone trash, Plax is great but Landy will kill him all day

but yes I hate them all

Lito Shepard is not in the same league as any of the guys you mentioned....could he cover T.O.? no....and yes i watch football too buddy- and probably no moe than you

everytime i watch lito he gets burned sometimes and is always injured.....hence not top flight....last year he missed 4 games, made like 50 tackles and 2 pics....career 17 pics....not top flight and over rated

I hate Romo sits to pee and I think hes overated too but hes still pretty good...T.O. is a beast and McNabb's really good when hes not hurt

O and Plex is one of my favorite, I live 2 minutes from where he grew up and he reps the 757

Many would argue that Asante is more of a system cb. He gets a lot of picks mainly due to the front 7 applying tons of pressure.

thats EXACTLY what I think. Asante is decent no doubt about it but he isnt a Champ where he can shut down a side on any team he plays on..

Archived