Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JFK Assasination

codeorama

Just curious........

What are the boards opinions of the JFK assasination?

Conspiriacy or Lone Nut? Why?

I'm all for the Conspiriacy..... Oswald couldn't have pulled it off by himself. Heck, he couldn't have made the shots in the time peroid... I am an excellent marksman and I know I couldn't have done it.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Conspiracy by the Cubans. He had to have had plans to invade Cuba once the Soviets left it and was just waiting to get re-elected. The Cubans found out and said eff him and killed him.

And to make another point I wish we would invade Cuba and take out Fidel. The Soviet daddy is no longer there to protect him.

Conspiracy. Organized crime took him out. He let his brother go after them after they helped get him elected. Cuba could have been a partner as well. Common interests.

I'm a fair shot myself. I believe I could make the shots. Just not in the time it would have taken to fire a couple shots from the depository window, and then get to the grassy knoll in time for the head shot before the car sped away.

The single bullet theory is complete bull$hit.

Good posts so far, I guess I wasn't as specific...

I think there were several groups behind the "hit"....

-the CIA, they were pissed about the bay of pigs AND Kennedy fired the head honcho Cabel, who's brother happened to be the mayor of Dallas

-the mafia, they helped rig the election for Kennedy and expected some slack, but RFK just came at them harder

-the FBI, at the very least, they participated in covering up the conspiracy and witholding threats against Kennedy that would have at the least, made the Secret Service put the protective bubble on JFK's car.

Evidently... today in elite military training, they use the JFK assasination as a perfect model in executing a cout d'etat.

It's hard to believe it was just a "lone nut". Then Oswald being killed makes it even harder to believe.

-the FBI, at the very least, they participated in covering up the conspiracy and witholding threats against Kennedy that would have at the least, made the Secret Service put the protective bubble on JFK's car.

Yeah the FBI probably knew more than they let on and covered up a lot of stuff, but why?

Originally posted by ChrisM

There perhaps was a conspiracy in that someone put Oswald up to it, but I've seen no convincing evidence of more than one shooter. At that range, and angle, them shots were gimmies.

I've done QUITE a bit of research on the Kennedy assassination and you are the first person I have EVER heard say those shots would have been easy.

It would be very difficult, though not impossible, just to get 3 shots off in the allotted time with that crappy Italian rifle with the mis-aligned scope. But to hit a moving target in the back of the neck through foliage and then miss and then get the head again ... I suppose it's possible but I find it highly unlikely.

Now, before the motorcade made the turn ... THOSE shots would have been gimmees. He (Kennedy) would have been relatively stationary and facing Oswald.

When over 50 people report hearing a shot, seeing smoke and/or smelling cordite at or around the grassy knoll ... well, I'm no "conspiracy buff" but what is one to think? Look at the film and tell me you REALLY believe that last shot came from the book depository.

There are too many things wrong with the "lone assassin" theory for me to buy it. I don't proclaim to know exactly who did it or why, but I am well-read ont he event and I am convinced there was a conspiracy.

Originally posted by Brave

I've done QUITE a bit of research on the Kennedy assassination and you are the first person I have EVER heard say those shots would have been easy.

It would be very difficult, though not impossible, just to get 3 shots off in the allotted time with that crappy Italian rifle with the mis-aligned scope. But to hit a moving target in the back of the neck through foliage and then miss and then get the head again ... I suppose it's possible but I find it highly unlikely.

Now, before the motorcade made the turn ... THOSE shots would have been gimmees. He (Kennedy) would have been relatively stationary and facing Oswald.

When over 50 people report hearing a shot, seeing smoke and/or smelling cordite at or around the grassy knoll ... well, I'm no "conspiracy buff" but what is one to think? Look at the film and tell me you REALLY believe that last shot came from the book depository.

There are too many things wrong with the "lone assassin" theory for me to buy it. I don't proclaim to know exactly who did it or why, but I am well-read ont he event and I am convinced there was a conspiracy.

You know your stuff...:cheers:

If Oswald was the shooter, he would have had a MUCH easier shot when the Motorcade was approaching the Book Depository. Also, it was not an easy shot at all that Owald was supposed to have made. The last book I read on the subject said not a single military marksman could duplicate the feat at a reinactment in the alloted time.

One thing to say on this....................

Triangulation of fire. The place where the shooting began gave the assaisins three prime spots with open angles for shots. If Oswald was to be the lone gunman, the shots would have been before the motorcade made its turn.

The Soviets tried to duplicate the shots with their elite military and KGB sharp shooters. Not one could duplicate it.

The US military attempted to duplicate and got the same results as the Russians.

Oh, by the way, anyone with any experience in firearms will tell you that the final shot that took out half of the back of JFK's head came from in front of him. Small entry wound, large exit. No way one bullet did all the damage to JFK and Gov. Connely.

Hoover of the FBI was pretty pissed at the Kennedies at the time. Rumors have it that JFK and RFK were going to bring the CIA and the FBI into the justice department under the Attoney General's office and Hoover was insensed.

Lots of reasons and lots of possibilities, but not one shooter IMHO.

Oswald alone.

There was no foliage in his way. Pictures from the scene show the tree in question didnt hinder the view. Conspiracy theorists love to show pictures of the tree blocking the way, but they use pics from the 70s (during the Warren Commission) but of course they fail to account for the tree GROWING.

The "magic Bullet" can easily be explained because the vehicle Kennedy and the mayor were riding in was 2 levelled. IE, the back seat was appx 8 inches higher than the front seat.

And the grassy knoll, well, there were appx 5000 in the plaza and the majority of them claim there was nothing from the knoll.

THe CTs will also claim that Oswald was a bad shot. Not true. He was an Army sharpshooter, and though rated low in his class, he was still good enough to qualify for that designation. Something 5 percent of the army qualifies for.

Now if you want to argue that Oswald was hired by someone to act alone, I'd be willing to listen. But he did it by himself.

Why could none of the Russian or US sharpshooters duplicate the shooting in subsequent tests? To this day, not one person has been able to get the shots off in the alloted time and score hits...

Why was a description of Oswald out on an APB within minutes of the Shooting, before Oswald had even left the building, or break room for that matter.

And finally, Why would the US Government find in the Senate that there was a conspiracy, if there wasn't, and that there were more than one shooter?

Why could none of the Russian or US sharpshooters duplicate the shooting in subsequent tests? To this day, not one person has been able to get the shots off in the alloted time and score hits...

They have, it's not difficult. The claim is that they cant duplicate 4 shots.

Why was a description of Oswald out on an APB within minutes of the Shooting, before Oswald had even left the building, or break room for that matter.

Not true, the APB was issued after a description was given by a worker in the Depository. It was minutes later certainly, but that's not unusual considering the President had been shot.

And finally, Why would the US Government find in the Senate that there was a conspiracy, if there wasn't, and that there were more than one shooter?

I wasn't aware that they had?

The Senate had hearings on the assasination in the late 80's and concluded that there was a conspiracy and more than one shooter... Most of us conspiracy nuts have been nuts about it because they have not done anything further to look into or offer any other explanation.

What the Senate committe did was interview as many witnesses as they could from the Warren Commision and the ones the Warren commision turned their back on... They looked at the ballistic evidence that the Warren commision did not look at and so on...

FYI, the discovery channel has also aired a special recently using computer enhancement to show that JFK's autopsy photos were doctored to remove the exit wound in the back of his head. During that time period, before Photo shop, photos had to be doctored by hand and the changes show up quite nicely now...

Kilmer,

I made one boo boo, it was not the senate, it was the house that did the investigation...

The official title is: The House Select Committee on Assassinations.

When I did a quick search, it brings up too much info, what I'll do is tonight, when I have more time, find a link that is more specific to the question... the committee looked into the assassinations of JFK, RFK and King Jr, so there is a ton of info out there...

OK... I found the findings page....

Note: I over looked a couple of things that I will point out...

They found that Oswald did fire shots from the snipers nest and fired the fatal shot.

They found that at least a second gunman was firing to account for the shots.

They found that there was likely a conspiracy... and so on.

In my opinion, this was a lame attempt to satisfy the public's view that the warren report was bogus. The majority of people now, think the govenment knows what happend and is covering it up.. this committee basically tried to shut them up by saying, sure, there probably was a conspiracy, but we didn't have anything to do with it, and besides, it doesn't matter, Oswald still killed JFK.http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/history/hsca_period/the_hsca_report/HSCA_findings_Cornwell.html

Brave,

The angle and distance of the shots were gimmies for a good marksman. The vehicle was moving very slowly (so slow that the SS agent caught it from behind on foot, reached for the trunk, stumbled, caught it again and climbed on) and while not going directly away from the window it was certainly not a sever angle.

You are correct that the difficult part was the short time frame. But its certainly doable, and has been proven so by FBI and military marksmen

Would the 'face on" shot been easier? Maybe, maybe not. Seems to me the better shot would be from behind. You wouldn't have to worry about the windshield and frame or Gov. Connnely perhaps being in the way? Also much less chance of being spotted by agents when they are going away rather than coming at you.

Actually, I'm not convinced that Oswald was such a great marksman at all. Perhaps he was just nut that got lucky. Consider that one shot missed the whole car completly! (maybe a sign of rushing his shot or being deflected by the tree?) Also upon testing, the gun was shooting as much as 5 inches high and to the right. Now perhaps this damage occured after the shooting but lets assume for a moment that it didn't. Could it be that Oswald was simply aiming at the biggest part of the target. (the top of the back) This is where the first hit was located. Could he have aimed again at the back/neck region and the high and to the right sighting resulted in the head shot? Could the fatal shot have been simple luck? Just a theory of mine.

"anyone with any experience in firearms will tell you that the final shot that took out half of the back of JFK's head came from in front of him."- redskin56

Well 56, I have made my living for nearly thirty years using rifles almost every day. And I disagree. Same with the "back and to the left" theories. Living things that are hit by bullets don't get knocked backwards like in a western movie!

There was no "magic bullet" As kilmer17 stated, the advocates of this theory always fail to mention the placing of the seats in the limo. The seat placing and the trajectory of the bullet is consistant with it striking both men.

BTW,I seem to recall some on this sight insisting that the Washington sniper HAD to be a highly trained sniper because "no one else could make those 100 yd shots" LMAO

Archived