Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"No Sean Taylors or LaRon Landrys in this draft" - Kenny Phillips(merged)

DirtySkin21

Isn't that kinda funny Too bad we couldn't see what could have been..

Kenny Phillips

"This is an awful year for safeties. Awful. There's no LaRon Landry or Sean Taylor who everyone's trying to move up to grab, but Miami's Phillips, despite an underwhelming season, comes closer than many scouts are giving him credit for. No, he's not another Ed Reed, but he's a phenomenal athlete with the skills to be a fixture in someone's defensive backfield for the next 10 years. What he hasn't done is make a slew of big plays, and he can't make up for that in workouts, but he can establish himself as the clear-cut No. 1 safety if he runs well.

"

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7823430/Who-will-shine-at-the-NFL-combine?

He will be a "good" safety in the nfl. Very highly recruited coming out of high school. Was said to be Sean Taylors play/size and Ed Reeds smarts coming out of high school. I don't think he truley lived up to expectations but is still a "good" prospect that will probably turn out to be a "good player" like I said before.

It wouldn't be necessarily a bad pick, however I think we need to go defensive lineman.

I think the thread is showing respect to our Safties (yes I know Taylor is gone, but he will always be our Saftey for life). It shows the respect that Landry and Taylor have in the medias eyes.

RIP Sean! We will miss you, but never forget you.

I dont get what this thread is about. Are we reminiscing or just pointing out that there are no good safeties in the draft?

then DONT post in this thread then, if you dont like it.

I was reading an article and saw that out of all the safetys there has been they name Sean Taylor and LaRon.

Both, happen to be drafted by the redskins.

I actually thought it was pretty cool and it showed a unbiased view that I think EVERYONE would of thought hands down that LaRon and Sean would have been the best combo ever.

I dont get what this thread is about. Are we reminiscing or just pointing out that there are no good safeties in the draft?

I think it's kinda both...but mainly, I think the OP is pointing out that in the article the writer noted that there are "no STs or Landrys" this year...and how ironic it is that the writer named those two, considering we'll never again get to see them play together.

I think it's kinda both...but mainly, I think the OP is pointing out that in the article the writer noted that there are "no STs or Landrys" this year...and how ironic it is that the writer named those two, considering we'll never again get to see them play together.

:applause: Thank you for understanding my point.. seriously.

BigMike just likes to act like a **** all the time, for no reason.

:applause: Thank you for understanding my point.. seriously.

BigMike just likes to act like a **** all the time, for no reason.

Be very careful. Question asked, question answered. That last part is basically a call out and a personal attack. There will be no more of that. Period.

Be very careful. Question asked, question answered. That last part is basically a call out and a personal attack. There will be no more of that. Period.

I definetely didnt mean it as a call out, and im sorry.

But everytime I either start a thread or type a response, a certain someone is always being rude for NO reason. I don't even know this person or havent done anything to them.

my apologies for any misunderstanding

we need to draft the BEST player available. We did not need LL but look what happened. If you do not draft best available you will be reaching for a position of need and that rarely works out. Best available and hope it is at a position of need!

BPA at number 21 is def the best option. Then you address your needs as follows.

And yea Ronnie lott was very good, but the Prospect of Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry as the Prototype FS make people drool.

Ronnie Lott ended up being great by the end of his career.

Sean was considered really good after his rookie season.

And same with LaRon.

So it's not anyone is saying they are the best safetys EVER, but they could arguably be. It's all an opinion McD.

Truth be told I wouldn't mind us picking him if he did fall to our pick, but yeesh I'd hate to be in that guy's shoes then. Hopefully he'd look at it as an honor and not as a burden. All-in-all it wouldn't be the worst pick cause the guy would probably be an immediate starter and he would free up laron to blitz (which laron is spectacular at) or play in the box.

Archived