Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am NASCAR retarded...Help me out!

RememberOsaka

STOP COMPARING MONK TO MARTIN!! hahahaha :laugh:

Monk has 3 championships...how many does Martin have?

I did mean Richard "The King"!!! I bet Richard could get in a car right now and still out drive Martin :silly:

Please, the Queen drove for five years after he SHOULD HAVE retired.

Well I didnt make up the saying rubbing is racing so I dunno what to say there. I do know that bump drafting, getting people light in the back by a slight bump on the left rear panel is all very well known. and while it may not be applauded it is accepted and almost expected.

Yeah....In LA, it's called a 'PIT Maneuver' and is inherently unfair for the suspect. But hey, if you like cheaters, I'm not gonna stand in your way. Just STOP TALKING ABOUT ART MONK!!! ;) :laugh:

You defend Mark Martin but call Petty the Queen? Man somewhere the NASCAR Gods are shaking their heads at you. Just be quick to duck and cover because I have a feeling a rogue tire will fly at your head when you go to Dover!!

Yeah....In LA, it's called a 'PIT Maneuver' and is inherently unfair for the suspect. But hey, if you like cheaters, I'm not gonna stand in your way. Just STOP TALKING ABOUT ART MONK!!! ;) :laugh:

Its only cheatin if you get caught!! Marcia Martin needs to do SOMETHING because she is running out of chances to win a championship.

AND YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT ART MONK!!!! :laugh:

Its only cheatin if you get caught!! Marcia Martin needs to do SOMETHING because she is running out of chances to win a championship.

AND YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT ART MONK!!!! :laugh:

Marcia? MARCIA???

What's Mr. "I Only Have a Name" ever done? Huh? :laugh:

And **** you. Art Monk is as much mine as yours.

And Martin is more like Monk than Jr. will EVER be. :silly:

(Have I mentioned that I LOVE NASCAR season?) :cheers:

Marcia? MARCIA???

What's Mr. "I Only Have a Name" ever done? Huh? :laugh:

And **** you. Art Monk is as much mine as yours.

And Martin is more like Monk than Jr. will EVER be. :silly:

(Have I mentioned that I LOVE NASCAR season?) :cheers:

MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!! Jr has made more money and become more popular then 10 Marcia Martin's can ever even dream of. And how is Marcia doing so far in Daytona? He even make the race? Probably got the "early bird discount provisional" in order to get in huh! :silly:

HE'S MY ART MONK..GO GET YOUR OWN!!

I dont get your comparison of Marcia and Jr being like Monk considering that JR at least has a championship in Busch series. Marcia has ZERO period!! Not even a big wheels championship!! Not even a "midget" car championship!!

I missed racing so bad!! And now we got Ashley Judd too!

Did you see Danica Patrick in SI Swimsuit issue? :cheers:

MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!! Jr has made more money and become more popular then 10 Marcia Martin's can ever even dream of. And how is Marcia doing so far in Daytona? He even make the race? Probably got the "early bird discount provisional" in order to get in huh! :silly:

I'm sorry, I don't even know Mark's dad's name, which is Jr.'s only claim to fame. :silly:

HE'S MY ART MONK..GO GET YOUR OWN!!

I invoked Monk's name first. You, sir, need to go get your own Leslie Shepherd. :laugh:

I dont get your comparison of Marcia and Jr being like Monk considering that JR at least has a championship in Busch series. Marcia has ZERO period!! Not even a big wheels championship!! Not even a "midget" car championship!!

Pssh....

A Busch championship is akin to the Arena League. But if beating the Philadelphia Soul is enough for you, so be it. :laugh: (Actually, Edwards did too.) :D

I missed racing so bad!! And now we got Ashley Judd too!

Did you see Danica Patrick in SI Swimsuit issue? :cheers:

Meh. You can have Ashley. Let me have Danica. And no, I didn't see that...

*ahem*

www.google.com / Danica Patrick bikini :D:cheers:

That's not how Mark runs. That's also why he's finished second for the championship, what, six times?

But to me, Mark is like the Art Monk of NASCAR. He doesn't like to talk about himself, he always gives credit to others for his wins, and he always shoulders ALL of the blame for a loss. He is the definition of class.

You were probably more objective than me. BTW, who's your driver?

The first driver I ever liked was Bobby Allison. But I wasn't really into the sport that much back then. Then I liked his son. And I really think Davey would have been one of the best ever. When I really started getting interested in the sport was probably in the early 90s. I started liking Dale Jarrett the day he signed with Robert Yates Racing. And he was/is my favorite driver ever. But im also glad he is retiring pretty soon. Its time. And I think he will do a wonderful job in the booth with ESPN. FWIW, I started liking Kasey Kahne several years ago when he first came into Nascar and instantly started rooting for him. And he is my guy from here on out. And I hope he can get back to the success he had two years ago.

I'm sorry, I don't even know Mark's dad's name, which is Jr.'s only claim to fame. :silly:

you believe that if you want. the sea of (now green) shirts and hat cheering the 88 tell a different story

I invoked Monk's name first. You, sir, need to go get your own Leslie Shepherd. :laugh:

you get to have Rod Gardner!!

Pssh....

A Busch championship is akin to the Arena League. But if beating the Philadelphia Soul is enough for you, so be it. :laugh: (Actually, Edwards did too.) :D

Very well could be but Marcia doesnt even have one from there either!! doesnt Kenseth have one too! that would be BOTH of your drivers!!

Meh. You can have Ashley. Let me have Danica. And no, I didn't see that...

*ahem*

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/danica-patrick/

www.google.com / Danica Patrick bikini :D:cheers:

The first driver I ever liked was Bobby Allison. But I wasn't really into the sport that much back then. Then I liked his son. And I really think Davey would have been one of the best ever. When I really started getting interested in the sport was probably in the early 90s. I started liking Dale Jarrett the day he signed with Robert Yates Racing. And he was/is my favorite driver ever. But im also glad he is retiring pretty soon. Its time. And I think he will do a wonderful job in the booth with ESPN. FWIW, I started liking Kasey Kahne several years ago when he first came into Nascar and instantly started rooting for him. And he is my guy from here on out. And I hope he can get back to the success he had two years ago.

I can respect the hell out of that. I still miss Davey, and i agree, he would've been one of the best. I also understand, now, why you may not want to see the 28 back on the track.

And you're right, DJ is great in the booth. Glad he was able to qualify for one more 500 though.

Just out of curiosity, no disrespect intended, why the jump to Evernham when Kasey came along? Just curious.

Not to get involved in you guys argument. But I find it very surprising that someone is attacking Martin. Ok, not attacking. But doesn't like him. You won't find many people in the Nascar community that doesn't admire the guy and what's he's accomplished and done for the sport. He may not have any championships. But that doesn't mean he wasn't a great driver. Great driver, for sure. And, better yet, a great person.

P.S. Dan Marino never won a title either...

Not to get involved in you guys argument. But I find it very surprising that someone is attacking Martin. Ok, not attacking. But doesn't like him. You won't find many people in the Nascar community that doesn't admire the guy and what's he's accomplished and done for the sport. He may not have any championships. But that doesn't mean he wasn't a great driver. Great driver, for sure. And, better yet, a great person.

I knew we'd come to 100% agreement eventually. :D

:cheers:

Dan Marino is overrated and if you ask Shannon Sharpe (who said it in front of Marino) your career is defined by your championships. You will actually find alot of fans that dont like Martin, they may not be as vocal about it as me but not too many people think he has the heart of a champion. He is a good driver, sure. better then me?, sure. but does that mean he is a champion? not even close. he wasnt always this nice guy who was just happy to drive, Mark used to have a pretty bad temper and wouldnt hesitate to criticize anyone and everyone.

What has he accomplished? Is there an award for most 2nd places? I know he won heartbreak of the year at the ESPN awards for his race at Daytona. Thats about all he has accomplished in my eyes. That and proving the vertically challenged can race too!! :laugh:

what has he done for the sport that JR hasnt done 10 times over in his short career already?

Dont go blowing HH's head up..that guy is an ego-maniac enough!! :laugh: :silly:

I can respect the hell out of that. I still miss Davey, and i agree, he would've been one of the best. I also understand, now, why you may not want to see the 28 back on the track.

And you're right, DJ is great in the booth. Glad he was able to qualify for one more 500 though.

Just out of curiosity, no disrespect intended, why the jump to Evernham when Kasey came along? Just curious.

I think I know how you meant the question but im not sure. Could you clarify what you're asking? Because im not sure what you mean by this.

Dan Marino is overrated and if you ask Shannon Sharpe (who said it in front of Marino) your career is defined by your championships. You will actually find alot of fans that dont like Martin, they may not be as vocal about it as me but not too many people think he has the heart of a champion. He is a good driver, sure. better then me?, sure. but does that mean he is a champion? not even close. he wasnt always this nice guy who was just happy to drive, Mark used to have a pretty bad temper and wouldnt hesitate to criticize anyone and everyone.

What has he accomplished? Is there an award for most 2nd places? I know he won heartbreak of the year at the ESPN awards for his race at Daytona. Thats about all he has accomplished in my eyes. That and proving the vertically challenged can race too!! :laugh:

what has he done for the sport that JR hasnt done 10 times over in his short career already?

Dont go blowing HH's head up..that guy is an ego-maniac enough!! :laugh: :silly:

Wait a second here. You think Martin is overrated, but JR isn't? <scratches head>...:laugh: Seriously, man. Are you trying to be funny? Or do you actually believe that? Not to take anything away from JR. I like the guy. I think he's a good kid. I don't blame him for moving to Hendrick. Blah blah blah. But to say he's accomplished more than Martin is laughable. Hell, even JR, himself, would probably think that is funny to think he's more accomplished than Mark. And as much as I like JR, I've been saying for several years now that he's overrated. He may be the most popular driver in the sport. But what he has done on the track doesn't live up to that. IMO He's overrated because of that, and for the fact that it seems most of his 17 career wins have come on restrictor-plate tracks. I would bet at least 10 of those are at Daytona and Talladega, alone. And im glad he went to Hendrick. Because now there will be no excuses. He HAS to win now. He's even said as much. And by "winning", I mean races that count in points. And, again, he has to prove to me that he can win on a variety of tracks, consistently, before I ever take the "overrated" label off him.

My dads best friend is a close personal friend with the whole Allison family and the Alabama gang. He worked pit for Bobby and then for his son Clifford once he came into racing. Bobby is one tuff SOB man, because I couldnt imagine all the stuff he has gone thru and still wanting to be alive...

and yes, I agree with Davey being the best too. I didnt really care for him as a personality but you couldnt argue with his racing. The man/boy knew his car. Man/boy because he was just so young with that baby face..

Wait a second here. You think Martin is overrated, but JR isn't? <scratches head>...:laugh: Seriously, man. Are you trying to be funny? Or do you actually believe that? Not to take anything away from JR. I like the guy. I think he's a good kid. I don't blame him for moving to Hendrick. Blah blah blah. But to say he's accomplished more than Martin is laughable. Hell, even JR, himself, would probably think that is funny to think he's more accomplished than Mark. And as much as I like JR, I've been saying for several years now that he's overrated. He may be the most popular driver in the sport. But what he has done on the track doesn't live up to that. IMO He's overrated because of that, and for the fact that it seems most of his 17 career wins have come on restrictor-plate tracks. I would bet at least 10 of those are at Daytona and Talladega, alone. And im glad he went to Hendrick. Because now there will be no excuses. He HAS to win now. He's even said as much. And by "winning", I mean races that count in points. And, again, he has to prove to me that he can win on a variety of tracks, consistently, before I ever take the "overrated" label off him.

throttle back hass..I mean what he has done in general not just on the track. Because Martin hasnt really done **** but sure he has more victories.

Mark Martin 35 career wins

Dale JR 17 career wins.

Jr has been driving for 8 years and Martin for 27. You telling me he has accomplished alot?

He has almost half as many wins in 1/3 the time!!

You are just a JR hater and it shows in this post right here. He has to prove he can win on a variety of tracks? You must be new huh..

My dads best friend is a close personal friend with the whole Allison family and the Alabama gang. He worked pit for Bobby and then for his son Clifford once he came into racing. Bobby is one tuff SOB man, because I couldnt imagine all the stuff he has gone thru and still wanting to be alive...

and yes, I agree with Davey being the best too. I didnt really care for him as a personality but you couldnt argue with his racing. The man/boy knew his car. Man/boy because he was just so young with that baby face..

Cool to hear that about your dad.

throttle back hass..I mean what he has done in general not just on the track. Because Martin hasnt really done **** but sure he has more victories.

Mark Martin 35 career wins

Dale JR 17 career wins.

Jr has been driving for 8 years and Martin for 27. You telling me he has accomplished alot?

He has almost half as many wins in 1/3 the time!!

You are just a JR hater and it shows in this post right here. He has to prove he can win on a variety of tracks? You must be new huh..

Dude, go back and re-read one of the other posts. A JR hater? That couldn't be further from the truth. Seriously. And Martin didn't have a famous dad who some consider the greatest ever, as his father. Its quite obvious as to why JR is so popular, man. And it sure as hell isn't mostly because of his on-track skills. And im not saying he doesn't have them. He certainly does. I'm just of the opinion his popularity, thus far, far outwieghes his performance on the track. And I wasn't really wanting to compare JR and Martin. Its actually not good to compare the two. They are really not comparable. I just take exception a lil to you calling Martin "overrated". That's comical. You act like just because they guy doesn't own a title that he hasn't had a great career. He's had a terrific career. Lots of guys in different sports don't own titles. Marino is just one example. (btw, you calling him overrated is also insane) And dude, I don't know how you can be upset about my last comment. Even guys I know that really don't even follow Nascar that closely know that he is really mainly only exceptional on restrictor-plate tracks. How you can argue that is beyond me. Again, he hasn't "consistently" won on any tracks, other than Daytona and Dega. But now that he's with Hendrick he should probably become more of a threat each and every week on every type track. I really look for him to win around 5 races this year. I really do. And that's saying something, considering he hasn't won in, what, 62 races? (points races)

this is why people should look up stats before they speak. :doh:

Stats aren't always the barometer, man. Circumstances are. Petty raced in many more races per year. And also didn't have near the competition in today's era. And Earnhardt has more titles than Gordon, true. But Gordon has more wins in a much shorter time. And also, had they not went to the current points system, Gordon would have, I think, two more titles. Which would make 6, to Earnhardt's 7. But again, Gordon still has many more years left, if he so chooses. Btw, im not playing the "IF" game as far as the points system. It is what it is. They went to the new system, so he doesn't have the two extra titles. Yeah, I get that. And I also like the new format, for whatever its worth. But I think Gordon will go down in history as a better driver, all time, than E.

P.S. You tell people they should look up stats before they speak? Well, doesn't Marino, the guy you call overrated, own most of the passing stats for quarterbacks? So, in your words, wouldn't Marino be the greatest ever?:doh:

Stats aren't always the barometer, man. Circumstances are. Petty raced in many more races per year. And also didn't have near the competition in today's era. And Earnhardt has more titles than Gordon, true. But Gordon has more wins in a much shorter time. And also, had they not went to the current points system, Gordon would have, I think, two more titles. Which would make 6, to Earnhardt's 7. But again, Gordon still has many more years left, if he so chooses. Btw, im not playing the "IF" game as far as the points system. It is what it is. They went to the new system, so he doesn't have the two extra titles. Yeah, I get that. And I also like the new format, for whatever its worth. But I think Gordon will go down in history as a better driver, all time, than E.

P.S. You tell people they should look up stats before they speak? Well, doesn't Marino, the guy you call overrated, own most of the passing stats for quarterbacks? So, in your words, wouldn't Marino be the greatest ever?:doh:

not really he doesnt..his yard stats broken. his TD stat broken. his wins stat broken. I dont even know if he still has a stat left that hasnt been broken bro. so :doh: to that little argument.

As much as I dislike the guy, I really can't argue with this too much. Other than the "god" part. That's a lil extreme, guy.

you think Gordon is the best there is or ever was or ever will be?

man you HAVE to be kidding me!! He is a great driver, but Smoke is a better driver then Gordon is.

Dude, go back and re-read one of the other posts. A JR hater? That couldn't be further from the truth. Seriously. And Martin didn't have a famous dad who some consider the greatest ever, as his father. Its quite obvious as to why JR is so popular, man. And it sure as hell isn't mostly because of his on-track skills. And im not saying he doesn't have them. He certainly does. I'm just of the opinion his popularity, thus far, far outwieghes his performance on the track. And I wasn't really wanting to compare JR and Martin. Its actually not good to compare the two. They are really not comparable. I just take exception a lil to you calling Martin "overrated". That's comical. You act like just because they guy doesn't own a title that he hasn't had a great career. He's had a terrific career. Lots of guys in different sports don't own titles. Marino is just one example. (btw, you calling him overrated is also insane) And dude, I don't know how you can be upset about my last comment. Even guys I know that really don't even follow Nascar that closely know that he is really mainly only exceptional on restrictor-plate tracks. How you can argue that is beyond me. Again, he hasn't "consistently" won on any tracks, other than Daytona and Dega. But now that he's with Hendrick he should probably become more of a threat each and every week on every type track. I really look for him to win around 5 races this year. I really do. And that's saying something, considering he hasn't won in, what, 62 races? (points races)

OK. here we go: deep breath in...deep breath out.

He has half as many wins as Martin in 1/3 the career. He is more well known the Martin will EVER be and NOT just cuz of his dad. His dad didnt get him the Budweiser sponsor, his dad didnt win him the Busch championship. His dad got his foot in the door and he has a GREAT last name, but so does Walter Payton and Michael Jordan's sons and they havent ever done **** with it. JR has carried his own weight in the sport on and off the track since he got in a car. JR has had problems with DEI and the engines that they kept building that blew up like firecrackers last year. NOBODY can win with 12 DNFs. And as far as Mark having a great or exceptional career, thats YOUR opinion. Mine is that he is a pretty good driver that never had what it took to get to the next level and win one.

not really he doesnt..his yard stats broken. his TD stat broken. his wins stat broken. I dont even know if he still has a stat left that hasnt been broken bro. so :doh: to that little argument.

Dude, the point was he DID own most, if not all, of those records mentioned above for a very long time. And NO ONE considered him the best of all time. I was basically pointing out that you used stats when they were conveinent for your argument. But were against them in another. Can't have it both ways, bro!

Archived