Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: Head Coach Jim Zorn Introductory Press Conference (Write-up)

JimmiJo

He just said it's going to be "a struggle." Followed by a 10 second pause. :doh:

C'mon Jim, get it together.

He didn't say it's going to be a struggle, he said he hoped to be able to lean on Gibbs during those struggles. He's not our next PR director, so give him a little slack if he's not the best public speaker in the world.

He seems a little nervous or anxious but I like the points he's making. I like that he has a sense of history for the Redskins. I like that he mentioned Sean Taylor.

I also found it interesting that he mentioned the 10 men on the field incident. Clearly Snyder did not proof-read his speech.

Now that he's speaking off the cuff and not from his notes, he's sounding more confident to me.

Hail,

H

Maybe you should wait until the season is done. Not five minutes into a press conference as HC. His first ever. Public speeking isn't the eassiest thing to do.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm going to root for this team. And I'm going to pull for them like Gibbs or Williams was leading this team, and I hope Zorn is awesome.

But make no mistake about it, I don't get the impression that he is ready for this. In this market, with this fan base, with this owner and this Vinny Cerrats.

And you know what they say about first impressions... they may be wrong, but they leave a lasting impression.

48 hours ago, this guy wasn't even an afterthought for head coach. I don't care if he's like the lawyer in My Cousin Vinny, as long as he wins. I'll give him a pass because he didn't expect to be in this position at all, but hope that he learns how to speak to the media eventually. He could be like Belichick, just get angry and say "We're just focused on the next game."

He stuck his foot in his mouth talking about the ten me on the field after Sean's death.

Joe Gibbs didn't even know they were going to do it. They say thats one of the reasons Gregg didn't get the job.

The longer he talks the more he shows he doesn't have a clue of Redskin history....

He's an interesting character. His press conferences could use a little polish, but he's shown thus far that he has a sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously. At least, that's my first impression anyway. He's never been the center of attention in this manner before, so this must all be a little daunting.

Archived