Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick a new owner (30 Billionaires to choose from)

redskin_fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I picked Larry Page, because even if we don't win, the stadium will be a nice environment to come to...

...for those not in the now, Google is known as one of the top (if not the top) places to work for in the U.S.

I already live here it's not that great, trust me you want the team to stay where its at, by the way Bill Gates wasn't on the list and he's a smart guy, maybe he should buy the team! :D

What about MARK CUBAN?

I intentionally left off Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet (I believe all of his money is going to charity when he dies), Bill Gates, Donald Trump, or Oprah Winfrey. There are other Billionaires I would rather have own the team, but because this team needs a change at ownership....any of the billionaires listed above at this point would be a better choice than our current ownership.

The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again that doesn't work. I don't think Snyder is an evil man but I think he's capable of being arrogant and reckless. The product he has put on the field has been sub-par for many years and it's evident that he has created a poor working environment within the Redskins organization. Based on the things I have read about him from multiple sources, I do believe that he treats people with little regard. But regardless of my personal feelings of the man, I just think it's time for a change at ownership. If Dan Snyder truly loved the Redskins, he would sell the team to an owner with great leadership that has the wisdom to allow football professionals run a professional football team.

True story, I met a Wall Street billionaire at a wedding a couple of years ago and I found out he's big into fantasy football. We start talking about the draft for his league and he tells me that it's done by conference call. During the call one of his fellow hedge fund hot shots has a hired a special consultant for the draft and he wants to bring him on the call for the pick. Bill Parcells jumps on the call and gives his pick. Bill freak'n Parcells!!!

.. and how did he do that year?

'Lost to the Skins, no doubt.

Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but there's precedent for the FANS to actually TAKEOVER the ownership of the team.

see what liverpool is trying to do

Now, the Redskin franchise is worth a truck load, so it's very doubtful that this could ever take root. Forbes lists the Redskin franchise as worth $1.1B (source ), tops in the NFL. To generate that type of revenue, the fanbase would need to arrange for 100,000 fans to contribute $11,000 each (someone check my math).

DS would be under no obligation to sell.

Not that I endorse this idea :halo:

I'll stay with dan. He pisses me off sometimes but thats impossible to avoid. You cant question his love for the skins and I believe that counts for something. The other "fantasy owners" on that list wouldnt give a rats ass about the washington redskins. I like the fact that our owner truly is a fan.

Um...I thought Paul Allen already owned the Seattle Seahawks. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to own two franchises. I voted for Phil Knight, I can only imagine the freebies you'd get at games.

I'm pretty sure that's not true, you just can't own two teams in the same leauge. Abe Pollen used to own the Wizards, Mystics and Caps at the same time before selling off the Caps.

I'll stay with dan. He pisses me off sometimes but thats impossible to avoid. You cant question his love for the skins and I believe that counts for something. The other "fantasy owners" on that list wouldnt give a rats ass about the washington redskins. I like the fact that our owner truly is a fan.

We need an owner who doesn't give a rats ass about the Redskins. Then they'd hire a GM, keep out of football, and just handle the business side.

Archived