Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: We're Not Upset at the Fassel Hiring

Jino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The more I think about it, I don't think that most of us are mad about the hiring of Fassel. The single most disturbing issue about all of this process is that we lost both our offensive and defensive systems altogether. I think if GW and Saunders were still here as coordinators and Fassel was the HC, I would have absolutely no problem with this. Fassel wouldn't touch the defensive side and he doesn't seem like a genius on the offensive side either. I want to see if my theory is correct. Could you guys vote on this for me? I am very curious.

Would you have had a problem if Fassel was HC w/ GW and Saunders as coordinators?

The single most disturbing issue about all of this process is that we lost both our offensive and defensive systems altogether.

Huh? We lost our entire defensive system? Really? Cause I could have sworn the only person who is gone is Williams. Everyone else is the same. So how exactly did we lose our defensive system? Enlighten me cause I have no idea how are you are making that connection.

I sure am going to miss GW and his aggressive defense. For the last four years minus 2006, we had an EXCELLENT defense. They were fun to watch and a very enthusiastic bunch.

You have to admit, our offense was exciting when Collins was running the REAL Al Saunders offense. We were zipping the ball around and rediscovered the deep ball to Moss. I had real high hopes for this offense next year.

I think all of our anger is that Gregg was not offered the job. A four year apprenticeship under Gibbs for nothing.
Thats true cause he is a defensive minded coach, also he learned alot under Gibbs, bet he takes all that knowlege and really helps the JAGS! We need a coach that is going to you Portis as an elusive back, a finesse back, not a workhorse run him into the ground back, hope Zorn has some input on that..wait a minute, I am getting off the subject here, we need MOOCH! He has passion and said that the Redskins are going to win the Super Bowl next season. He said that on the NFL Ntwork after the Super Bowl this year when he was sitting next Deion! :gaintsuck

I sure am going to miss GW and his aggressive defense. For the last four years minus 2006, we had an EXCELLENT defense. They were fun to watch and a very enthusiastic bunch.

You have to admit, our offense was exciting when Collins was running the REAL Al Saunders offense. We were zipping the ball around and rediscovered the deep ball to Moss. I had real high hopes for this offense next year.

I don't really think GW's defense was that aggressive. For example, look at the difference between the way the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants played the Patriots and the way we did. Williams became less and less aggressive, fewer blitzes, etc. Our games against the Cardinals and Jets were other examples where we really didn't put any pressure on the QB.

Our offense was looking better with Collins, except when we got into the playoff's.

I don't really think GW's defense was that aggressive. For example, look at the difference between the way the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants played the Patriots and the way we did. Williams became less and less aggressive, fewer blitzes, etc. Our games against the Cardinals and Jets were other examples where we really didn't put any pressure on the QB.

Our offense was looking better with Collins, except when we got into the playoff's.

I think you have to factor in the personnel limitations that GW was forced to deal with. We did lose our franchise guy in ST and also had Marcus Washington, Rocky and our top two corners out for significant amounts of playing time.

I think the constant for all those teams are a strong secondary and injuries to our secondary have been killing us for the last two years. If we had our full defense intact like the Pats for a full year, we could have gone to GW's original 46 style he employed his first year. That year was pretty awesome.

I think the anger does revolve around GW not being offered the job, but I don't really understand it. There are many reasons -- all football-related -- why GW might not have been the most attractive candidate. One, obviously, is his HC record. Other than that, we don't know what was said in the interview process; he might have wanted to go in a direction that the front office didn't want to do. If so, they were right not to hire him. Some of it might be vibe -- if they didn't FEEL it, they couldn't hire him.

I don't see the problem here.

Archived