Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: AM Update

21dave

People, Fassel is not a bad choice. I wish people weren't so quick to jump on the I hate fassel bandwagon because everyone else is doing it.

yeah honestly....he has experience....and he would be getting another chance at it...i think fassell would do wonders honestly...at first i was hating it but i think i can like it alot....

He's only been out of work (NFL jobs) two of the last 11 seasons... You make it sound like he hasn't been doing anything. On the contrary, he was up for consideration in Buffalo, Chicago (went to Lovie Smith), Arizona (went to Dennis Green), and Oakland (went to Norv Turner, I believe)...

A guy who was 7 years as one of no more than 32 other NFL Head Coaches can't be considered trash. You don't last 7 years in the NFL, go to the Super Bowl, and take a team that went 11-21 the previous two seasons to 10-5-1 and win the NFL Coach of the Year award while being "everyone else's trash"...

He is very good, and far more qualified than any of the other candidates (even Mariucci)... Show a little respect.

Yet his buddy Billick fired him as a consultant and he couldn't even get a coordinator's job in KC. Why should we be so excited again? The list of guys he got passed over for aren't exactly hall of fame bound either. Norv, Denny Green? Eeuch.

And the sleeping monster named "Backlash" slowly beings to stir.....

The one positive about the possbility of Fassel being the coach is that this is all on Snyder...if he is right then he gets a lot credit and a lot of us (including me) are left to eat sizeble portions of crow...if he is wrong though then all the people who have criticized him in the past for some of his decisions have even more reasons to criticize.

One thing is for sure this thing...if this turns into a return to the Spurrier days...don't expect Coach Gibbs to come riding in here to save him this time.

He's only been out of work (NFL jobs) two of the last 11 seasons... You make it sound like he hasn't been doing anything. On the contrary, he was up for consideration in Buffalo, Chicago (went to Lovie Smith), Arizona (went to Dennis Green), and Oakland (went to Norv Turner, I believe)...

A guy who was 7 years as one of no more than 32 other NFL Head Coaches can't be considered trash. You don't last 7 years in the NFL, go to the Super Bowl, and take a team that went 11-21 the previous two seasons to 10-5-1 and win the NFL Coach of the Year award while being "everyone else's trash"...

He is very good, and far more qualified than any of the other candidates (even Mariucci)... Show a little respect.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guy is a stiff and yet another re-tread. KC turned him down...KC!!!!! Our future is bleak with this guy!

Those of you who say Fassel won't be so bad, let me ask you this. Wouldn't he be a lot more in demand, rather than being out of a job since midway through last season? I think the fact that nobody else wants him shows how inept our managment has become.
Not only that, but that fact that he was original "first choice", then he wasn't, then it was Mooch, then Spags, and though it all, Fassel has become the poster child of the last kid picked on the playground.

Nobody wants him, including us. Unfortunately we have no choice now.

No "hot" coordinator would want to come into a situation like this and have his career ruined just to get a chance. A chance like this is not a legit chance. The safe bet would be to go with a former coach like Fassel or Mooch despite how much I don't want to go with either of them.

Yet his buddy Billick fired him as a consultant and he couldn't even get a coordinator's job in KC. Why should we be so excited again? The list of guys he got passed over for aren't exactly hall of fame bound either. Norv, Denny Green? Eeuch.

Ding, Ding

They should hire me. I can guide this team to a 1-15 record and I'll do it for less money.

I would say Kill me too...but I am looking forward to seeng Art & Darrell get inducted into the Hall of Dame and I got my room and all that stuff.

- Enjoy the LAST HOF inductions for our organization in a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME.......

People, Fassel is not a bad choice. I wish people weren't so quick to jump on the I hate fassel bandwagon because everyone else is doing it.

He's an awesome choice!

He couldn't be a hotter prospect coming off all that stunning success in his last coaching gig up I95.

Give Redskins fans (especially older ones with more perspective) some credit for knowing football. Not everyone who has an opinion is jumping on some kind of bandwagon.

Bottom line - there is simply no reasonable way to dismiss the fact the there has been ZERO interest in this douchebag around the league since he got canned for underachieving in NY. THAT's ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Archived