Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does Snyder RARELY defend himself publicly??!!

skinsfan4221977

... instead of being so media-shy and ducking press left and right!!

Any good PR person (and I'm in PR) will tell you that hiding out for a long time is a terrible public relations strategy.

While the Skins are hugely profitable, has he ever considered that he could make MORE money and drive MORE revenue with a better public image!!

Don't get me wrong -- certain public comments should be withheld. But the "weird recluse" strategy is a terrible idea.

He needs some media training. Hey Mr. Snyder, I'm around (for the right price!)

Any good PR person (and I'm in PR) will tell you that hiding out for a long time is a terrible public relations strategy.

While the Skins are hugely profitable, has he ever considered that he could make MORE money and drive MORE revenue with a better public image!!

Don't get me wrong -- certain public comments should be withheld. But the "weird recluse" strategy is a terrible idea.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I agree -- I think it would make a difference. That said, he obviously isn't comfortable doing it. I think, too, he doesn't want to be THE STORY (a la Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban). Because of his youth and the high profile of the Redskins, he is the story and should probably work on his presentation.

Well y'know there's no middle ground.

If he holds frequent press confrences, then he's considered an attention whore that impeads football operations. JJ? While many fans would like him to answer for the decisions he's made, it's likely he'll address some of those concerns once the necessary hire has been made.

Personally, I'd rather he go about his business behind the scenes, then draw even more criticism for calling the media out on a whim to Redskins Park.

"Uhhh... Hey. Uhhh... We still haven't hired anybody. Um. Okay thanks guys."

Who would believe him? Maybe he should hire 'Baghdad Bob' to handle his PR. Might be just as effective (and truthful)...

April 7, 2003

"The Americans are not there. They're not in Baghdad. There are no troops there. Never. They're not at all."

April 7, 2003

"U.S. forces learned a lesson last night they will never forget. We slaughtered them and will continue to slaughter them."

April 7, 2003

"There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad."

He is profitable and knows it. Redskin fans spend more money than any team for merchandise.

An authentic special team players jerseys is $250, go figure.

Plus he make such stupid mistakes, that it would be foolish for him to defend them.

Snyder is reduced to a quivering mound of jello on the rare occasion he appears before the 'press' in an unscripted format (Phoenix HOF appearance). This is ironic and amusing because sports 'reporters' (Kelli Johnson, anyone?) are a notoriously fawning lot.

I think a lot of fans, myself included, would respect him 100x more if he would stand up and defend himself and his actions. I don't agree with Czaban often, as he takes the 'Glass is not even there' approach to the Skins, but one thing he said the other day rings true. If Danny were to stand up on a podium, tell the fans and the team what he's doing, give us some justification to his actions, people would respect him more. Instead he hides behind Vinny and the rest of the PR staff and causes many fans to create these conspiracy theories about him.

Why should he? The stadium continues to sell out, the waiting list still has thousands of people on it. Merchandise still sells at a brisk pace. So why be bothered with defending youself publicly?

Not that I agree with it, but from his perspective, there is no problem.

Mr Snyder is a great men and great man rarely feel the need to respond to comments and criticisms made by lesser beings. Even before buying his and our beloved Redskins, Mr Snyder was an extremely successful businessman and I'm willing to bet that while he was building his empire he was constantly taking criticism from his peers and competition. But those are the things that made him stronger and continue to make him stronger today. I personally hope that his critics keep talking. I hope the naysayers keep putting him down because these are the things that keep motivating him. Mr Snyder has more resolve and determination than anyone I've ever heard of and his leadership will bring not just 1, but MANY Super Bowl wins back to the Washington Redskins. God Bless you Mr Snyder!

Archived