Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl 43 SLEEPER picks?

Arnok Vanquish

Just another thread to chew on while we wait for an annoucement of any kind about our next head coach.

It is easy to say Indy, or Patriots or some may say Dallas or Green Bay but I want to know your SLEEPER teams that have a shot at being in next year's Super Bowl.

For example, my Super Bowl 43 consists of the San Diego Chargers vs the Minnesota Vikings. Here's why:

1) As for San Diego, I think Philip Rivers has turned the corner. Now that Eli has won a SB, Rivers play last year down the stretch was solid, and with Chris Chambers opposite Vincent Jackson, Gates at TE, and LT running the ball, I can easily see this offense being even that much stronger with a a full year of Norv's offense under their belt.

2) San Diego's defense in my opinion is only going to get better with the year Cromartie had. I see no reason it couldn't be #1 overall come year end.

The Minnesota Vikings are a VERY intriguing pick for me. I don't believe anyone is going to question Adrian Peterson's ability and play, and the only thing that worries me there is injuries, IS he injury prone, as his college days may seem to suggest. If not, he is a bona fide stud and pro bowler for years to come.

Vikings defense STOPS the run. Plain and simple. Regardless of rankings anyone may throw out, this is a FACT. And, their defense also scores TD's!

Improving the pass defense could really make them scary. The only things I see lacking of course are a solid QB, which they could address this year and again, defensive backfield play.

While I will always love my Redskins, I am not a homer like some and although the Skins as a SLEEPER is not to far fetched, I just don't believe they are as cohesive as they will need to be to get there. Of course, again, this is ONLY MY opinion and as I see every time I click on the stadium, putting this opinion here amongst fellow skin fans and in friendly? confines, I don't have to worry about condescending or derogatory remarks. In other words, i don't post just to post, and I have always thought that this is what this board wants, opinions and good conversation. Please feel free to disagree with me vehemently, but would just appreciate a little constructive, tactful and FRIENDLY banter. Again, who are your SLEEPER picks for SB 43???

There are plenty of AFC teams that are talented enough to make it to the Super Bowl next year (Pats, Colts, etc) but as far as sleepers go, I'd say Jags. Underrated team with a strong defense and a very capable run game.

For the NFC, I'd like to say Skins, but we need to wait til at least March before we even know what the team looks like. If we keep everyone, upgrade some positions (WR, CB, DE) and add depth along the lines, we can make a legit run at it. If not, and excluding the more obvious choices like (shudder) Dallas, I'd say maybe the Saints or Vikes

Don't know on the NFC side until we get a coach, I can't post us. But on the AFC side, you have to go JAGS. If they pick up a deep threat wideout, Garrard continues to improve, Taylor stays healthy again and the addition of GW. That is a physical football team, they play NFC style ball in the AFC and as the Giants just proved, that will get it done.

hmm good question... I lkie the Jags myself as a sleeper from the AFC but also like the Bengals (tough year but they have the talent) as well.

Form the NFC its hard to pick just one considering every team in the NFC is pretty much equal. I can't really say who a sleeper pick would be with confidence so I'm just going to grab one out of thin air....... Rams (Hey the NFC is wide open) and of course my Skins (homerism)

'Skins vs 'Phins

Game ends in a 0-0 score and goes into seven OTs then on the final play, CP breaks a 20 yard run but does a premature front flip going into the endzone and lands on his head and fumbles the ball on the 1 yard line. It's revoered by a 'Phins player who runs it back 99 yards. The celebration is big but since it's two teams no one cares about the stadium is empty and all T.V. crews went home.

Archived