Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one that finds this a lil odd

BALLz

funnycombo.jpg

This is what's on AOL's homepage right now. On one hand we have article about Haitians so starved for food they are eating dirt, And right below it, We have the U.S. taking a 1000 lbs+ hunk of meat and burning it to ashes.

Now I'm not hating on the Memorializing of Barbaro. I just don't think it was to smart to put these two articles on the same page at the same time right next to each other.

Personally, and I may catch hell for this, I never understood how so many people can be worried about world hunger and at the sametime, we have pounds and shelters overflowing with animals that will eventually get put down. And then probably cremated.

I worked at a grocery store for 5 years, all the way through high school and a year through college and I can tell you that these places waste a ridculous amount of food every single day.

The delis at every grocery store throw out perfectly good bread, bagels, sandwiches, pies, cakes, etc. all because the original "sell by" date has passed, yet the food is still perfectly fine to eat.

The store simply throws this food in the dumpster and if the employees ask to have it they make you pay a slightly discounted price for it instead of just giving it to you for free since they were going to throw it out to begin with.

They think that if it's good enough for you to take then you should pay them something for it.

I don't understand why they don't just give to a homeless shelter.

It's pretty ****ed up.

As a horse owner myself, even the thought of eating horsemeat is disgusting to me. When my horse eventually passes on he'll get buried out in the back field, thank you very much.

As for dogs and cats, I couldn't even think about eating that meat either.

In regards to Haiti.... It's not part of the US and they're not US Citizens so why would I care if they're starving?

As a horse owner myself, even the thought of eating horsemeat is disgusting to me. When my horse eventually passes on he'll get buried out in the back field, thank you very much.

I understand that. Like I said, I have no problem with what they are doing to honor Barbaro. Just seemed to me to be in bad taste to have those to articles right next to each other.

Perhaps, put one of them on the next page or wait a day to post one.

Personally, and I may catch hell for this, I never understood how so many people can be worried about world hunger and at the sametime, we have pounds and shelters overflowing with animals that will eventually get put down. And then probably cremated.

It makes sense to me. I mean if they're desperate enough to eat dirt, they'll surely welcome some dog or cat meat.

I worked at a grocery store for 5 years, all the way through high school and a year through college and I can tell you that these places waste a ridculous amount of food every single day.

The delis at every grocery store throw out perfectly good bread, bagels, sandwiches, pies, cakes, etc. all because the original "sell by" date has passed, yet the food is still perfectly fine to eat.

The store simply throws this food in the dumpster and if the employees ask to have it they make you pay a slightly discounted price for it instead of just giving it to you for free since they were going to throw it out to begin with.

They think that if it's good enough for you to take then you should pay them something for it.

I don't understand why they don't just give to a homeless shelter.

It's pretty ****ed up.

One word: lialbility.

Archived