Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason insanity has begun.

DTN Redskin

Hail fellow Skins fans. Although we are all quite in tuned as to whom will be our next coach. Is anyone else feeling empty as hell due to the lack of nfl this wknd and for a long time after next? It is driving me insane considering I've had my nfl fix since Aug 5 of last year. Any help at all would be wonderful and share your feelings here. Hail to the Redskins!

Hail fellow Skins fans. Although we are all quite in tuned as to whom will be our next coach. Is anyone else feeling empty as hell due to the lack of nfl this wknd and for a long time after next? It is driving me insane considering I've had my nfl fix since Aug 5 of last year. Any help at all would be wonderful and share your feelings here. Hail to the Redskins!

I'm not so sure about your use of "whom" there. Yes, it comes after a preposition, but the whole phrase "whom will be our next coach" is the object of the preposition. If one takes the phrase by itself "whom will be our next coach" and turns it around, "our next coach will be whom." In that case whom is renaming the subject meaning that it should be who since its subjective. "Our next coach will be who" "Who will be our next coach" Doesn't that sound better. Valiant effort though.

PS-talk about off season insanity, I think I just cracked

I'm not so sure about your use of "whom" there. Yes, it comes after a preposition, but the whole phrase "whom will be our next coach" is the object of the preposition. If one takes the phrase by itself "whom will be our next coach" and turns it around, "our next coach will be whom." In that case whom is renaming the subject meaning that it should be who since its subjective. "Our next coach will be who" "Who will be our next coach" Doesn't that sound better. Valiant effort though.

PS-talk about off season insanity, I think I just cracked

Your knowledge is needed in a number of different threads, my friend.

Archived