Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The latest (Rumor/waiting for OP to provide source/there is some past cred) M. E.T.

VinceGeorgeJoe

We have to set some standard, otherwise, anyone can claim to be anyone.

True, but it's sounds pretty legit. I would hope a thread that sounds like it has some credit and with some legit posting history would at a minimum be allowed to stay open. There are so many more less worthy threads on the board to worry about.

Look at threads like Dinellos current ones. While I questioned his legitimacy in the past, its obvious he does have some sources....HOWEVER...his latest threads provide nothing of value except a bunch of football folks bs'ing about and mocking what the Redskins are doing. No news there. Nothing you can't hear on your local Sportstalk 980.

I like this thread.

I happen to know VGJ is legit... If you've been paying attention, you'd probably know too.

Smoot, I'm the one who checked on him and edited the title where I typed "there is some past cred", and I put the post asking for a source in here for members in this thread.

Now, if you're looking for trouble like that comment appears, I can arrange it. :)

I think you can support coaches and players (no matter who they are), and condemn the way the front office has managed this, without any contradiction.

Thats where I am.

Fassel isn't the anti-christ if he gets the nod. He's proven he can be successful to a certain extent.

QFT! It's kind of like saying I don't support the Bush Adminstration's decision to go to war...but I support our troops.

Anyway...I'm done with the bashing...if Fassel is our coach so be it.

Coach...Welcome to D.C....now justify your hiring...on-the-field!

My favorite part of VGJ's post is he didn't come out and say, my source tells me Fassel will be the coach.

He assumed we could all see the writing on the wall.

Meanwhile we have the "J. Schwartz will be next coach" thread, the "I hope Spags interviews well" thread, and plenty of posts with other speculation on who our next coach will be.

QFT! It's kind of like saying I don't support the Bush Adminstration's decision to go to war...but I support our troops.

Anyway...I'm done with the bashing...if Fassel is our coach so be it.

Coach...Welcome to D.C....now justify your hiring...on-the-field!

That's the spirit! I wasn't a GW guy and I'm not a Fassel guy...I want a young HC that can grow with our franchise...I'm not gonna cry, ***** or moan about Fassel being here if he indeed is the choice...welcome! Now go earn your money!

I think you can support coaches and players (no matter who they are), and condemn the way the front office has managed this, without any contradiction.

Thats where I am.

Fassel isn't the anti-christ if he gets the nod. He's proven he can be successful to a certain extent.

Oh, I definitely agree. I have nothing against Fassel and while I'll still support the players and coaches, whoever they may be, I'm going to have a hard time justifying spending any money on the team. No tickets, no jerseys, I'll just watch the games from home. I really hate what Danny is doing to our team. :( :mad: :( :mad:

Everything would have been a lot easier if they didn't make Gregg a part of the competition. They should have let him go a bit earlier and things would be calm and nice. Unfortunately they were looking for a reason to hire him and held on way too long.

Fassel isn't a bad coach, really. Although I have never been able to forget how he stripped Sean Payton of playcalling duties and completely emasculated him in the process. But that's NY media more than anything and the offense did a lot better with Fassel calling the plays.

Personally, I'm not willing to settle for "not a bad coach". Fassel has plenty of history to evaluate him by and it's only somewhat above average. Any choice that doesn't attempt to get a great coach is just more mediocrity and I refuse to accept it. If Fossil is the choice I will finally become anti-Snyder. I've got a bad feeling that he's going to be Peter Angelos Jr.

I do not understand something. If its not likely that the superbowl cordinator will take the job with our cordinators are already hired, and it would require an outstanding interview for him to beat out Fassel then why do the interview anyway? Everythings lined up for JF already, drop the fake interview and just name him the coach already. The coaching staff needs to be reviewing the upcoming draft and free agency right now and the organizations losing valuable time here. Just hire Fassel and put all of this to bed

Smoot, I'm the one who checked on him and edited the title where I typed "there is some past cred", and I put the post asking for a source in here for members in this thread.

Now, if you're looking for trouble like that comment appears, I can arrange it. :)

There was no offense intended in my post... I apologize if that is what I communicated. My real intention was to support the OP without giving away too much information that would cause the OP to either remove himself from participating in ES or do something rash like a name change. I didn't really think how it would sound if I was on the other end of the reply. My bad! I'll send you a PM with additional thoughts and make sure we're okay! :)

There was no offense intended in my post... I apologize if that is what I communicated. My real intention was to support the OP without giving away too much information that would cause the OP to either remove himself from participating in ES or do something rash like a name change. I didn't really think how it would sound if I was on the other end of the reply. My bad! I'll send you a PM with additional thoughts and make sure we're okay! :)

Never mind, I figured that out. :laugh: There's so much shrapnel flying everywhere I was just suspecting another ITE (Impromptu Thread Exlposive).

:cheers:

Well folks it's time for me to chime in.....My question is simple. Fassil, Fossil or whatever his name in couldn't make it with a front office of Wellington Mara who knows more about running a team and Football that ole Danny Boy will ever know, and he was fired, so what do you really expect from Fassel and Snyder, and Cerato?

3 blind mice where the hell are they going.....

ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK LAUGHING THIER COLLECTIVE ASSES OFF because we as Redskin Fans are simply too stupid to see what crap Daniel Snyder and Vinnie the YES SIR MAN Cerrato will continue to put out on the field.

Also just because some of us has had enough of the over inflated prices and we compare that to what get's fielded year in and year out and we decide to no longer support this "team" or MANAGEMENT. That doesn't make us any less a fan, maybe the bulk of fans on here have plenty of cash to continue to line Snyder's pockets but some of us could use the hard earned dollars to better ourselves. Danny is bending the masses over and screwing them with no grease. Maybe many here enjoy that, but for me.....My rectum is exit only and I have had enough of that twit and how he continues to drive this once proud franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL, while most people here are too blind to see the truth.

Face it either Gibbs was fired, or was simply tired of Snyder and went back to where he has control and doesn't have some 5 foot midget with a 12 foot ego running behind him.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest I am so glad I have tapes of the Redskins from the 80's and early 90's because this team is nothing like it once was and for all you blind people here, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see better than you......

Here's what I've been told:

* The entire defensive staff -- outside of Williams, obviously -- is expected back. The only new hire there will be a D-line coach.

* Bugel will return as O-line coach. Byner, however, is gone, and I suspect most of the Gibbs elder statesman -- Breaux, Simmons -- are adios as well.

* Fassel is a big fan of Zorn's, but, most importantly, Zorn is a bigger fan of Fassel's. They will mesh well, and Fassel definitely gave a thumbs-up on the hire. Fassel also knows Blache, and gave a nod there, too. Don't think for a minute that Fassel doens't know or respect these men. He was in the loop on this.

* All that being said, Fassel will almost certainly be the head coach. He is a people person, who handles personalities well, and the heirarchy believes he can soothe some of the hurt feelings that have developed from the Williams debacle. He is a player's coach; this is not Marty waltzing in with Oklahoma Drills.

* The only complication would be if Snyder falls in love with the Giants D-Coordinator after the Super Bowl. But there's no obvious connection between this guy and the two newly-hired coordinators. So what guy would take a job where he can't even hire his offensive and defensive bosses? Not likely. So it's Fassel.

* Snyder is apparently paying each of his coordinators about 800 grand, and Rex Ryan would've taken about $2 mill to get. And since the owner's already on the hook for millions with Williams and Saunders, and for the sake of continuity - yes, continuity -- there was no need to get into a bidding war with the Ravens over Ryan.

* So, at the end of the day, you have continuity on defense, and on the O-line, and you get rid of an offensive coordinator (Saunders) who is considered a phony by a lot of people who know him (Remember, Herm Lewis and Carl Peterson ran him out of KC pretty quickly). What you end up with is a bright-minded Zorn and a person who has proved he can manage men (Fossil). The downside is that Campbell has to learn a new offense, but there's just not as much upheaval here as the naysayers want to suggest. If management really didn't care for Gregg Williams -- and his history in Buffalo and his lies to management here did him in -- then this is as seamless a transition as you were going to get.

Regarding his lies to managment, here's an anecdote. Williams began alienating Snyder and Col in '06, when he was stubborn and not forthright. For instance, there was a game in Philly, where Carlos Rogers was playing way, way off the receivers and kept getting burned for first downs. William was asked why he was positioned that way, and told management that Carlos was to blame. But another defensive assistant told management, no, that that's how Rogers was being coached. So there was just general distrust of Williams in the front office, and a sense that he was too bull-headed for Snyder.

In retrospect, if he'd hired Williams, they'd have headed for a clash down the line. So when you think about it, this is even more stable -- having a coach Snyder can deal with for years.

Peace.

Member: 17080

Thank you Norv Turner. Say hello to the missus. :laugh:

Well folks it's time for me to chime in.....My question is simple. Fassil, Fossil or whatever his name in couldn't make it with a front office of Wellington Mara who knows more about running a team and Football that ole Danny Boy will ever know, and he was fired, so what do you really expect from Fassel and Snyder, and Cerato?

3 blind mice where the hell are they going.....

ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK LAUGHING THIER COLLECTIVE ASSES OFF because we as Redskin Fans are simply too stupid to see what crap Daniel Snyder and Vinnie the YES SIR MAN Cerrato will continue to put out on the field.

Also just because some of us has had enough of the over inflated prices and we compare that to what get's fielded year in and year out and we decide to no longer support this "team" or MANAGEMENT. That doesn't make us any less a fan, maybe the bulk of fans on here have plenty of cash to continue to line Snyder's pockets but some of us could use the hard earned dollars to better ourselves. Danny is bending the masses over and screwing them with no grease. Maybe many here enjoy that, but for me.....My rectum is exit only and I have had enough of that twit and how he continues to drive this once proud franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL, while most people here are too blind to see the truth.

Face it either Gibbs was fired, or was simply tired of Snyder and went back to where he has control and doesn't have some 5 foot midget with a 12 foot ego running behind him.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest I am so glad I have tapes of the Redskins from the 80's and early 90's because this team is nothing like it once was and for all you blind people here, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see better than you......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clearly, people around here don't like Fassel. You get to know the HC's of teams in your own division, and I know that I didn't like the Fossil when he coached in NYC (or is it New Jersey?). I have real trouble looking forward to years of that face representing the Skins (but then again, Snyder also represents the Skins ...). This team is screwed up because its owner is screwed up, and he is going to be the owner for a long, long time ...

This was all handled badly...

I disagree. I think they did their due dilligence and took their time to make sure they were able to line up the coaches they wanted. You can be disappointed as I am that GW is not the new coach. But I have no problems with the way they went about it. All of the current staff is collecting a paycheck, and when a decision was made they were notified. They may have had GW as a backup plan in case their first choice fell through. All and all Zorn and Blanch are widly respected all over the league. I think we will have continuity on Defense, and if they retain Buges I think the Offense will be fine as well. Let's just hope who ever they choose can keep this team together.

Well he got farther than any coach here post Gibbs and pre and current Snyder regimes. He got to the Superbowl.

So what are people blind about again?

Thats where I am.

That is where I am too. I don't know why Fassel seems to be drawing so much hate from Skins fans prior to ever working for them. If anything I think the insanity is not who the coach is, but who is going to be selecting the coach and players once again. That is the most disheartening thing to me. Not sure how reinstalling a FO system that has proven not to work is a good idea.

Good News about Bugel, He's the one O-Coach I want to keep.

I don't buy the affection of Zorn and Fassel. Fassel could be the guy, but signs could equally point to folks like Russ Grimm, Or Spagnola. Frankly I'm thinking its between Fassel and Meeks right now, Spagnola is name they want to interview I believe, and there is no REASON to rush the hire.

I neither like nor dislike Fassel. If he fails here he will be as disliked as Spurrier, if he has success he will be beloved, that's how Skin Fans are.

As for Rex Ryan, if Ryan is that great of a coach and Snyder wants him, why not make HIM a head coach. Seriously, not a big deal here.

I will not support a Fassel led team.

Continuity is gone.

Snyder has lied to Redskin Nation.

Players are going to want to jump.

Zorn has proven nothing.

This all just sucks.

Just because Saunders and Williams stayed doesn't mean continuity is gone. Heck WHAT continuity. sub.500 in '04, streak to lose in the playoffs in 05- 5-11 last year. 4 game streak to get into playoffs, losing to Buffalo of all people. Really is that the kind of continuity you want? I'm tired of the "we are X player away from the Super Bowl" I want consistency year in and year out. I want the NFC East to go through Washington again. That's what I want. IF Zorn and Company can get us there so be it.

The OP sounds legit. If you read some of his past posts, he seems to have been accurate. He also reported a long time ago that some people in the organization think Heyer is an upgrade over Jon Jansen. If that's the case then Jansen may be gone this year. With a little bit more coaching, I think Heyer will be pretty solid.

He's not the only one who thinks that. I think heyer with some off season conditioning could be better then Jansen. I can't wait to see.

I, too, really am embaressed by the way our team (Owner) has become a joke by those "in the NFL know" and many outside the know. Having said that, Why not name Fassel now. Also, many one time mediocre coaches go on to be championship coaches. Look at the Giants now, Coughlin is in possition to be another example. And yes, that means I believe the G-men can beat the Pats.

Also, the greatest marketing tool is to have a product people are very emotionally tied to. Just like baby photographers, The Danny knows he will sell out if the stadium held 250,000 people. we don't have to love lthe owner to still bleed Burgundy and Gold!!!

Archived