Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take a step back, and analyze the full situation here. (long)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Tremendous job, Sweet Sassy Molassy. That's exactly how I feel.

Let's give the new regime a chance to prove that they are worthy of our support, or deserving of the current tone on this board. But the current tone on this board is WAY out of line at this point in time.

Good post but I'm sorry, this is a dumb move. Fassel? And then there's talk of trying to get Rex Ryan from Baltimore. How many draft picks (that we don't have) do you give away to get him?

It's Danny's fantasy football all over again, with his little "yes man" Vinny by his side. I just don't see any good coming from this.

Fired by his best friend.

I have always come to this board for hope. After Sean's death, after the Bills loss, etc. I would look for the silver lining. Had to win 5 in a row, or whatever, at least someone on here would analyze the schedule and convince me it would happen. That there was HOPE.

Now...

The organization has embarrassed themselves, and therefore embarrassed the fan base(me, you, etc).

Can I take back that skins stuff I got at Christmas?

Ebay here I come.

Sell. Sell. Sell

Good post but I'm sorry, this is a dumb move. Fassel? And then there's talk of trying to get Rex Ryan from Baltimore. How many draft picks (that we don't have) do you give away to get him?

It's Danny's fantasy football all over again, with his little "yes man" Vinny by his side. I just don't see any good coming from this.

How the HELL is hiring fassel considered "Fantasy Football"?? lol...

Funny you should say that. And I'm going to say this. Funny how much amnesia we have after Sean Taylor's murder. Because before that we had lost three games in a row, on our way to four in a row. We were all calling for the heads of Joe Gibbs and were wanting a new coaching staff because our current one wasn't working, etc., the year before we wanted Gregg out of town because he was killing the morale of the defense. So 3 games doesn't change the fact that besides some inspired play, we were for the most part a mediocre team, from coaches to players.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Dont hurt em Sweet Sassy......... Dont hurt em.

Preach brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Fassel has a 7 year track record of mediocrity

Had Snyder hired a young guy, a Schwartz, Caldwell, somebody like that, I'd be all for it

But Fassel? Good grief

Fassell is NOT as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Why not at least gather some facts before jumping on the 'hate' bandwagon that is running full steam around here?

Some of you guys sound like whiney little "you know what's" with your incessant spam postings and bullcrap.

If you have something intelligent to add, then go right ahead, but this stuff is really getting old.

I can't say that I am excited about this, because I am not, but Fassel may have learned from his failures and will be a better head coach this time. Coaches have failed the first time and then succeeded the second time around Bill Bellicheck was a complete flop his first time around, but look at him now. Fassel has had some success in NY, and the coaches we brought in did not thrill anybody. Personally I would rather had hired Grimm or Singletary. I am a Redskin fan and I will stand behind the team and new coach even if I do not understand the hire. WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN WIN.

When Joe was losing, etc. many viewpoints were that the game had changed. That the game had passed Joe by....

How does Fossil fit into that thought process. Can he really come "back" and catch up to the new rules, players, etc?

How the HELL is hiring fassel considered "Fantasy Football"?? lol...

I don't know Cali, maybe now that Joe's gone he gets total control with out having to answer to anybody and go about getting the players that he (Snyder) wants. Do you honestly believe that Vinny"Sidekick" Cerrato is the one making the decisions here? If you do then you are more naive than that pretty little dress you're in makes you look.

Is that Fantasy enough for you?

I am a Redskin fan and I will stand behind the team and new coach even if I do not understand the hire.
Thank you.

I just took a look at all the thread in the Stadium. Even though some of these posters have thousands of posts, one would think that they hate the Redskins. You dont have to agree with or even like a move that the FO makes, but support the team, dammit.

It's funny how the reactions to the last two coaching hires (provided the Fassel news is indeed true) are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

People were booking Super Bowl flights when they heard Joe was coming back.

Now we are throwing season tickets out the window of skyscrapers.

How about we step back and let the people who are actually in the NFL for a reason do their jobs as coaches.

We aren't talking about a juggernaut team here that has been forced to start over.

We are talking about a club that has gone 24-24 in the last three years.

Big difference.

Props to you SSM.

Funny you should say that. And I'm going to say this. Funny how much amnesia we have after Sean Taylor's murder. Because before that we had lost three games in a row, on our way to four in a row. We were all calling for the heads of Joe Gibbs and were wanting a new coaching staff because our current one wasn't working, etc., the year before we wanted Gregg out of town because he was killing the morale of the defense. So 3 games doesn't change the fact that besides some inspired play, we were for the most part a mediocre team, from coaches to players.

GREAT point about when we were calling for everyone's heads. And great thread to you man. Let's all take a breath. I like the non-sexiness of this choice. Fassel (a Super Bowl coach), Rex Ryan (a stupendous DC), Jim Zorn (great OC). We'll be singing their praises.....I hope.

I don't know Cali, maybe now that Joe's gone he gets total control with out having to answer to anybody and go about getting the players that he (Snyder) wants. Do you honestly believe that Vinny"Sidekick" Cerrato is the one making the decisions here? If you do then you are more naive than that pretty little dress you're in makes you look.

Is that Fantasy enough for you?

Ah, so in other words you have no clue what's going to happen but enjoy imagining the worst and running with it. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

It's funny how the reactions to the last two coaching hires (provided the Fassel news is indeed true) are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

People were booking Super Bowl flights when they heard Joe was coming back.

Now we are throwing season tickets out the window of skyscrapers.

How about we step back and let the people who are actually in the NFL for a reason do their jobs as coaches.

We aren't talking about a juggernaut team here that has been forced to start over.

We are talking about a club that has gone 24-24 in the last three years.

Big difference.

Props to you SSM.

Same thing I have been saying.

Archived