Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Anyone Else Believe Snyder is Just Bored?

bulldog

we have seen Gregg Williams up close and personal for 4 years now. mostly good times on defense, with some spleen-bleeding in 2006 due to poor personnel decisions on a few players.

but overall the kind of 4 year performance out of a coordinator you would expect to be as convincing for the organization as a heir to the HC throne as Jim Caldwell is in Indy or Jason Garrett in Dallas.

so why not so here? :)

I think it comes down to boredom.

Dan Snyder is bored with the thought of going through another campaign with Gibbs staff and some of his players but WITHOUT GIBBS HIMSELF.

You have to admit that while Gibbs has admirable traits as a coach, one of them is NOT flamboyance and I think that translates down to his assistants.

I think Snyder is looking for the next 'hot' thing to sell to the media and public for consumption, and the thought of corralling a coordinator off a Super Bowl team or landing a prominent head coach from a legendary college program like USC is probably irresistable for him.

Gregg Williams has done his job and has been paid very well here. Certainly, the Redskins enjoyed whatever success they did in 2005 and 2007 largely to the efforts of his unit playing near the top of the heap in the NFC.

But I don't see him getting this job now.

The search process has just gone on too long to be one of 'due diligence'.

It has now IMO turned into a search more like 'I have a girlfriend who wants to get engaged....but I want to look around and see if I can do better'.......

I think Snyder is looking for the next 'hot' thing to sell to the media and public for consumption, and the thought of corralling a coordinator off a Super Bowl team or landing a prominent head coach from a legendary college program like USC is probably irresistable for him.

The search process has just gone on too long to be one of 'due diligence'.

The Giant's DC, the Pats OC would be prime canidates.. Surely Gregg feels like he is waiting at the alter far too long.

HTTR

Nah. Maybe I'm giving too much credit here, ( I don't think I am though), but I do believe there is a process at work here. There is a systematic feel to the past couple of weeks that leads me to believe that there is a plan at work. A bit of a fluctuating one, but a plan never the less. One designed and being designed by Dan and Coach Gibbs. I believe there are a few pieces of info that we don't have,(possible understatement), and that has things looking like they do now. I don't think it has to do with boredom.

I don't think DS is trying to go flashy. What would be his motivation? The Skins are the most profitable team in the NFL and all the seats sell out. From a marketing standpoint, the only way to increase the fan base is go outside the area, and that means winning. Likewise, he can only increase the local fanbase by winning.

A flashy or controversial coach will only succeed in boosting readership of a-hole sports columnists in other citys as they bash and mock our team. Unless he is winning, of course. I think DS has found someone he wants, or at least wants to talk to. I actually think that Snyder, in his own mind at least, is trying to find a winner. GW is looking more and more like a fallback option at this point.

In my delusional mind, I still have hopes Dan is actually hunting a GM agreeable to GW and himself. But I'm kind of doubting even myself on that now.

Archived