Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Samuels to start in Pro Bowl

BALLz

Chris Samuels has been the most productive draft pick the Redskins have made in a long long time. Seeing how Samuels has played his career, and looking at the year Joe Thomas had for the Browns, I want to pick an O-lineman with our first pick in this years draft. The big, spectacular O-lineman in the draft, the ones worth picking in the first round, always stay with their team and become an achor on the line. Samuels is getting old. Its time to find someone to replace him or Jansen. Most likely Jansen.

Ray Brown for O-line coach when Bugal steps down.

Chris Samuels has been the most productive draft pick the Redskins have made in a long long time. Seeing how Samuels has played his career, and looking at the year Joe Thomas had for the Browns, I want to pick an O-lineman with our first pick in this years draft. The big, spectacular O-lineman in the draft, the ones worth picking in the first round, always stay with their team and become an achor on the line. Samuels is getting old. Its time to find someone to replace him or Jansen. Most likely Jansen.

UH...NO!!! Our O-line is fine when healthy...we need to draft a pass rushing D-lineman!

Agree with all of this man. Unfortuately, Ray Brown is the new o-line coach for the Bills. :doh:

Also, I think we have to go defensive line in the 1st round this year. We simply have to replace Daniels.

UH...NO!!! Our O-line is fine when healthy...we need to draft a pass rushing D-lineman!

When healthy huh? when was the last time Jansen ever played a full 16 game season back to back? He is constantly hurt and needs to restructure and become a back up. Who took Dockery's starting spot? Todd Wade? Heyer? How old is Randy Thomas? Our Offensive line is a motley crew right now. We need someone in the mold of Chris Samuels on the other side of the line, or someone right next to Samuels. How many quality years do you think we have left with Chris Samuels?

Using our first round draft pick on a D-lineman scares me a little. Think Courtney Brown when he was drafted. He was supposed to be a monster, and ened up being a bust. How many first round O-linemen in the past ten years, are still playing at a productive level, and compare that to the number of D-linemen drafted in the first round that are still playing at a high level.

Granted, there arent as many O-lineman drafted in the first round, but of those drafted in the first round, i believe a higher percentage are still playing, productively, then the number of D-linemen drafted in the first round that are still playing productively. I know, I know, a lot of speculation and conjecture, but im not in the mood to harvest the stats and prove myself either wrong or riht, I have a contract i have to finish before I go home. Anyone up to finding out if i am even remotely close or just talkin out my arse? Either way im probably talking out my arse, ;). Anyways, thats the reason Im more set on taking an O-lineman with our first pick, I think we will get more out of him.

Agree with all of this man. Unfortuately, Ray Brown is the new o-line coach for the Bills. :doh:

that sucks, and no doubt Dockery had a hand in that. Good for them, their O-line may get a lot better because of Ray, and Dockery will be to Ray what Fletcher is to Williams. Dockery and Brown played together for two years riht? One year?

When healthy huh? when was the last time Jansen ever played a full 16 game season back to back? He is constantly hurt and needs to restructure and become a back up. Who took Dockery's starting spot? Todd Wade? Heyer? How old is Randy Thomas? Our Offensive line is a motley crew right now. We need someone in the mold of Chris Samuels on the other side of the line, or someone right next to Samuels. How many quality years do you think we have left with Chris Samuels?

Using our first round draft pick on a D-lineman scares me a little. Think Courtney Brown when he was drafted. He was supposed to be a monster, and ened up being a bust. How many first round O-linemen in the past ten years, are still playing at a productive level, and compare that to the number of D-linemen drafted in the first round that are still playing at a high level.

Granted, there arent as many O-lineman drafted in the first round, but of those drafted in the first round, i believe a higher percentage are still playing, productively, then the number of D-linemen drafted in the first round that are still playing productively. I know, I know, a lot of speculation and conjecture, but im not in the mood to harvest the stats and prove myself either wrong or riht, I have a contract i have to finish before I go home. Anyone up to finding out if i am even remotely close or just talkin out my arse? Either way im probably talking out my arse, ;). Anyways, thats the reason Im more set on taking an O-lineman with our first pick, I think we will get more out of him.

I guess it's a toss up...it's either give our QB more time or give the opposing QB less time...whichever one is more important to you...we have an awesome secondary but improving our D-line would take some pressure off of them and maybe even make more opportunities to get some turnovers...

I'm a believer in "offense sells tickets and defense wins championships"...look at when the Ravens won the Superbowl...they fired their starting QB at the end of the season!

Campbell is still developing and Collins is old and still just a career backup in my eyes so why not take more pressure off of them and beef up our D some more

I guess it's a toss up...it's either give our QB more time or give the opposing QB less time...whichever one is more important to you...we have an awesome secondary but improving our D-line would take some pressure off of them and maybe even make more opportunities to get some turnovers...

I'm a believer in "offense sells tickets and defense wins championships"...look at when the Ravens won the Superbowl...they fired their starting QB at the end of the season!

Campbell is still developing and Collins is old and still just a career backup in my eyes so why not take more pressure off of them and beef up our D some more

I agree with this, just not using our first round pick on a D-lineman. I think ALL of our draft picks this year should be linemen on BOTH sides of the ball, but with our first pick being on a stud O-lineman. I think we can accomplish both protecting our QB and pressuring other teams QB in the same draft. If we did that, it would leave FA and trades open to DB, or WR aquisitions, or maybe even a LB.

I agree with this, just not using our first round pick on a D-lineman. I think ALL of our draft picks this year should be linemen on BOTH sides of the ball, but with our first pick being on a stud O-lineman. I think we can accomplish both protecting our QB and pressuring other teams QB in the same draft. If we did that, it would leave FA and trades open to DB, or WR aquisitions, or maybe even a LB.

I agree with you as well...How do we get in contact with the new HC? Wait! We don't know who that is yet! :laugh:

]']Its not like they should be there in the first place.

Bingo

How does a non starter get in the Probowl? I realize he had a ton of TDs, but he is a specialty back and very good at it I might add.

A little off topic here but when a team puts 11 players in the Probowl and not win a Home Paloff game with 2 weeks to prepare makes me wonder about the voters.. AHHHHH it must be the voters for the HOF who keep blackballing Monk.

:dallasuck

Bingo

How does a non starter get in the Probowl? I realize he had a ton of TDs, but he is a specialty back and very good at it I might add.

A little off topic here but when a team puts 11 players in the Probowl and not win a Home Paloff game with 2 weeks to prepare makes me wonder about the voters.. AHHHHH it must be the voters for the HOF who keep blackballing Monk.

:dallasuck

I dont know man, i hate Dallas and all, but MB was the Dallas running game. He made Jones look like half the RB. I dont think he shuld have beenput ahead of Portis, but i cant really argue with the pick.

Good Samuels had a stellar season, I wish we had another tackle like him on the right side...Jason Campbell could sit down and have lunch back there.

Exactly, and thats why we should use our first round pick on a stud O-lineman.

Archived