Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing that will change if Gibbs is not HC

bertoskins

I disagree..... Williams seems to be big on character, so If he gets the job, I doubt you'll see a change. Also, Gibbs will be an advisor, so he'll still be in Snyders ear even if Williams doesn't get the job.

Do you like the idea of going after people of less character then we have in the past 4 seasons?

Too bad Gibbs had a tendency to shy away from actually talented players. Or from smart trades.

You guys act like Gibbs was the only guy in the NFL that valued character. I think a coach who values character will be someone highly sought after by Snyder.

Furthermore, I think with some of these players you are judging a book by it's cover.

Sean Taylor was seen as a bad character guy by many in the league including some of our own fans. Guess what, turns out he was a loving father and a devoted boyfriend (soon to be husband) and an exceptional teammate and member of the community. With the way todays media is, you never ever hear about the GOOD someone does. Only the bad.

We need superstars on this team but they need to be internal(i.e coming from the draft) . I would love for us to develop the next Dwight Freeney, the next John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, or Torry Holt. We have very few superstars on this team. We have guys that are paid on the level of superstars

Archuleta was a big bust but it was a matter of fit and his age/injury history, not his attitude that did him in here.

The questionable moves on character grounds during the Snyder regime have largely come on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball from Jeff George to Brandon Lloyd.

If Dan does not go for the big splash in FA, we will not know what to do about it. A lot of us will end up calling him stupid because Dan has conditioned us to expect it.

Admit it, we love the "ARE Signs w/ Redskins", "GIBBS IS BACK", "Bailey Traded for Portis", "Brandon Lloyd Coming to DC", "Al Saunders and His 700 Page Playbook Comes to Town", "Deion Sanders in Burgondy n Gold", "Bruce Smith in DC" headlines. We foamed at the mouth when we read those articles.

I think this offseason will be something that we have not seen before. Dan is maturing and learning that money cannot buy a SB ring. Thank goodness Joe arrived when he did. I have to believe Joe and Dan had long talks about chemistry and teambuilding. Dan was forced to listen. What else could he do, fire Gibbs? And lose the last ounce of respect from DC fans.

We will not shy away from the talented superstars that has character issues just to help this team win. What do you think Guys.
I truly hope that is not the case. Did this past season mean anything to you? I would take a group of Good / Great journeyman, group-type players rather than some superstar that could tear a team apart.

Archuleta was a big bust but it was a matter of fit and his age/injury history, not his attitude that did him in here.

The questionable moves on character grounds during the Snyder regime have largely come on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball from Jeff George to Brandon Lloyd.

Ahem...

Do the names Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders ring any bells?

I truly hope that is not the case. Did this past season mean anything to you? I would take a group of Good / Great journeyman, group-type players rather than some superstar that could tear a team apart.

as would i. the journeymen types are out to prove they belong. they play with more grit and heart. the superstars, while can have a tremendous upside, can also tear a team apart if things dont go their way.

Archived