Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we the Raiders of the east?

bertoskins

I scoffed at this thread when I first saw it, but now the truth of it just plain hurts.

The only difference between us and the Raiders right now, is coaches just flat out refuse to interview with them, they just use us for leveraging a raise at their current job. :(

No, not yet. But it's not far. And you ask anyone with an unbiased eye and they'll tell you the same. Cardinals, Lions, Raiders are at the bottom, but the Skins are not far ahead. The only difference is that the Skins make known the fact that they are trying for the Super Bowl every year, with a payroll and gameday cost to match. Those other teams suck, they know it, and their fans know it.

No, not yet. But it's not far. And you ask anyone with an unbiased eye and they'll tell you the same. Cardinals, Lions, Raiders are at the bottom, but the Skins are not far ahead. The only difference is that the Skins make known the fact that they are trying for the Super Bowl every year, with a payroll and gameday cost to match. Those other teams suck, they know it, and their fans know it.

The Cardinals (Bengals if they fire Marvin Lewis, that front office is a joke), and Lions are all just horrible front offices. I think the Fords want to win, but their loyalty to that meat headed GM is of Wes Unseld proportions. They're the Bullets of the football world.

Al Davis and the Raiders I think WANT to win. He tries pretty hard every year, but he's burned so many bridges and has micro managed that team into the disaster it is. We are rapidly heading in that direction.

Gibbs came on board, fixed our flat tire and got us back on the road and on our way. Now that he's gotten off, Vinny and Snyder are back in the drivers seat, they've floored it and are about to jerk the wheel into oncoming traffic.

Without doubt our organizational structure is similar to the Oakland raiders with Al Davis its owner has the control of the organization and does not need a GM. Indeed this type of organization is effective from the old days were salary cap and scouting is now big deal in building a team.

Raiders is once a proud “once” a proud team as shown by their 3 super bowls. But now cannot field a competitive team (with the exception of their rich Gannon lead super bowl appearance)

Sad to say, we are more like the raiders of the east now a day with Snyder afraid of hiring a GM to oversee the football side just like Al Davis.

My cousin lives in Oakland are continuously hoped that Mr. Al will change his ways but until now he’s philosophy and ways are hard to break. Thought there are signs of improvement from their team this season its hard to ignore that the best players shied away from playing for this team

Hope that Mr. Snyder will read this and consider hiring a GM for us to be competitive even without or beloved JG.

HMMMM...DISAGREE. How do we not field a competitive team? We had the NFL's hardest schedule this season (archived -- check it out). Our best player was murdered in the middle of the season. We lost a starting corner in mid-season, and 3 of our best O-linemen were out for much of the season. We still made the playoffs. That makes us a top 12 team at least. We have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. How are we as bad as the Raiders? People are all doom and gloom around here lately...cheer up!

I know things aren't going the greatest in the world, but I really do think that people aren't giving this team as much credit as they should. The adversity that they overcame is incredible, and honestly, this will probably go down as one of the most memorable seasons in my book because of the fight these guys showed.

They've already bent the axl and they're on the phone w/ Gibbs trying to get directions back to the road, but the car is pulling heavy to the left all on it's own now.

Too bad Gibbs can't hear them. The cars on the race track in front of him are way too loud. Yet, to him, it's much more peaceful than working under this regime.

Archived