Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Great Debate: Williams vs. Cowher(merged)

Toe Jam

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I like Marty a lot personally.

But if we could definately lock up Cowher for 15 years, that's something hard to pass up.

I would love to have Cowher for 7 years, with Grimm being his OC, and heir to the HC job.

I voted splash for one reason: With all the speculation of Saunders being gone even if GW takes over. If we are going to stunt our QB's growth we might as well start over IMO.

I realize we would be in a complete overhaul with BC coming in, but the Defensive side of the ball usually picks up their assignmens quicker than the offense side of the ball.

Snyder Just say no To Garrett.

:point2sky :dallasuck :point2sky

I think williams would be the choice I would like, but one question that keeps coming up in my mind is that this is a guy who led the redskins D to a top 10 ranking 3/4 years and he gets no mention for the other jHC job vacancies around the NFL. WHY?? everyone is getting second chances like phillips and norv to name a few. any other coordinator with those credentials would have all these interviews lined up.

I am all for GW as head coach but after 2 (or 3 depending on who reports it) interviews and not giving the job to GW I have a feeling Snyder is hoping for Cowher. Maybe he is waiting for Cowher to finish his CBS gig. Just seems odd we want continuity and do not promote from within we need GW as HC. If not GW then Russ Grimm !!!

All good points thanks. No GM in the mix just Dan and Vinny could lend itself to a bad decision regardless of amount of interviews. Heck not like Dan could not fire GW and start over again if he is not happy, wouldnt be his first head coaching search Dan would have to embark upon. Just seems low risk and safe not to mention the right thing to go with GW. We will see I have faith Dan will make the right decision in the end, I hope.

I wouldn't call this a "great debate"...There really isn't much to debate...We don't need "splash", we need continuity!!! I'd be more open to Cowher if Gibbs left after last year (5-11), but we really weren't THAT far off this year...Let's start next year where we left off, NOT go backwards

I disagree. I think this organization needs Cowher. If we are going to go with GW, it appears as if Saunders will be gone anyway, and thus our offense will require rebuilding. We might as well rebuild the whole thing if this is the case, and Cowher can do that.

I'd hope that you are kidding. I have been a member of E.S. since Feb. of 2004 and have tried to ahere to the rules.

Then you should definitley be NNT'ed. You should know better. You have been here a looooong time.

Especially with the 10's of threads already open on the subject. Why would you create a thread and a poll on the exact same subject, instead of just adding your thoughts to an existing thread?

Archived