Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spoke to Al Saunders last night.

ElRose62

what movie was he seeing?He was alone? He spent that much time talking?

This is what I was wondering? Was this after his movie or was he just really early?

I don't want to make a thread but what do you all think? Saunders will stay and GW will be head coach??

What is the probability of that happening? What'd yall thinK?

:logo:

I would like to see this happen. Truthfully, I don't care as long as we have a winning season next year!

Well as I wrote earlier I talked to him after the movie. I think he saw national treasure 2 but im not really sure. It was at Fox Cinemas 16 which is in brambleton, and that is why in my earlier post I had information regaurding Kili Lefotu, because Nicks is right next door. Saunders seemed like a really nice guy, and I am surprised that he talked to me for that long. Oh and Ladell Betts came in tonight with his girlfriend, and I congradulated him on a good season, and asked him what he thought about Gibbs leaving. He said he was really surprised, and is hoping that ownership doesn't shake things up that much. If you have any questions just post.

i talked to him b4 the bears game and he was the easiest guy in the world to talk to. here i was, a 16 year old and we talked nonstop for 5- 10 minutes like he was my grandpa about football and life. he is a role model of mine and i really hope he stays in DC

I really like Saunders. Every interview and everything I've heard of people talking to him its all about how intelligent, interesting, and mild mannered he is. Next year is the year that the training wheels will really start to come off of JC if we keep Saunder on board. Theres a large learning curve in the system but I have faith.

Does anyone remember what happened the first time Gibbs retired? They hired Pettibone and the Redskins finished 4-12 that year! Continuity is not everything!
Part of the reason JG split town last time was because the team was old, broken and used up. Not at all like..........maybe you have a point.

This is what I was wondering? Was this after his movie or was he just really early?

I don't want to make a thread but what do you all think? Saunders will stay and GW will be head coach??

What is the probability of that happening? What'd yall thinK?

:logo:

I would like to see this happen. Truthfully, I don't care as long as we have a winning season next year!

According to the media outlets its pretty slim. I personally don't put much stock into JLC or his "sources" so I hope he's wrong once again and they look in-house for the next HC.

Bill Cowher, good/great HC but starting over isn't exactly what the team needs, imo.

Does anyone remember what happened the first time Gibbs retired? They hired Pettibone and the Redskins finished 4-12 that year! Continuity is not everything!

No one is talking about hiring Richie Pettibone! I know what you mean by it, but you are sounding like a writer from the Washington Post! Doom & Gloom, paid too much, too many changes, no GM, every other team does it right, same old same old!

Last night, I had a long conversation with Al Saunders. He was at the local movie theater and I spotted him so I went up and congradulated him on a good season. He said he really wishes they could have beat Seattle so instead of seeing a movie, he would be at work preparing for Dallas. He said the game really would be a boost however going into next season and he thinks they would be very strong. I then asked him if he would be interviewing for any of the head coaching positions, and he said that he has done that before and he doesnt have any interest in that. He is comfortable doing with what he is doing now, and does not want to be a head coach. Then I asked he if he believed if Gregg Williams was going to interview for any of the coaching vacancies and he said that he thinks gregg really wants to be a head coach, and he thinks that at this point in his career that Gregg is ready.

He did not show any knowledge of the fact that Gibbs was going to step down, and he was actually a really nice guy. He said he has talked to Jason and they plan on getting him in there to watch film and rehab as soon as possible, and that it is his job to lose. Take it for what its worth, but I found it really interesting to talk to him.

everyone in the league knows its Campbell's job to lose....only a swathe of Redskin fans haven't figured it out yet....

Archived