Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone realize Cowher runs a 3-4?

corrupt3d

There's no doubt in my mind that if Dan hires Bill Cowher, we're going to see a much different roster on the defensive side of the ball if he intends to run a 3-4, which he more then likely will want to do. But who knows, it was speculated in Pittsburgh that Mike Tomlin would bring in a Cover-2 defense and he ended up keeping Dick LeBeau around for the 3-4.

Maybe Cowher does the same thing with Gregg if he's hired?

Cowher is an offensive coach. Dick Lebeau, his DC, runs a 3-4, not Cowher.

woah there, gunsmoke... cowher is about as offensive minded as buddy ryan... his coaching career was special teams, secondary and d-cordinator.. not to say he wouldn't try to implement a 3-4 (though he ran a 4-3 in kansas city) but I wouldn't attach him to the 3-4 if he did come here...

You think Greg stays if Dan hires Cowher? You think Al stays? This team would start completely over. He was the HC of Pitts for like 15 years before he won the SB and then they were the 6th seed and everything landed right for them. I don't think he was that great.

You think Greg stays if Dan hires Cowher? You think Al stays? This team would start completely over. He was the HC of Pitts for like 15 years before he won the SB and then they were the 6th seed and everything landed right for them. I don't think he was that great.

Not so great...let's take a lot shall we....

2006 8-8

2005 11-5

2004 15-1

2003 6-10

2002 10-5-1

2001 13-3

2000 9-7

1999 6-10

1998 7-9

1997 11-5

1996 10-6

1995 11-5

1994 12-4

1993 9-7

1992 11-5

Plus 12 post-season victories in 10 season.

Not so great...let's take a lot shall we....

2006 8-8

2005 11-5

2004 15-1

2003 6-10

2002 10-5-1

2001 13-3

2000 9-7

1999 6-10

1998 7-9

1997 11-5

1996 10-6

1995 11-5

1994 12-4

1993 9-7

1992 11-5

It's all about the rings. We just saw a coach resign that was 10 times better than him. Let's take a step up, not a step down if possible.

It's all about the rings. We just saw a coach resign that was 10 times better than him. Let's take a step up, not a step down if possible.

If Joe Gibbs is 10 times better than him, then how can the organization take a step up? According to you, anyone would be a step down...right?

is terrible at personnel.

Back that up please. His teams made the playoffs practically every year and he had very high player turnover. That tells me the exact opposite -- he is good at personnel.

Not to mention, he knew enough to steal Ryan Clark away from the Skins. While not a stud, he was a very solid safety for the Steelers at a bargain price.

Back that up please. His teams made the playoffs practically every year and he had very high player turnover. That tells me the exact opposite -- he is good at personnel.

Not to mention, he knew enough to steal Ryan Clark away from the Skins. While not a stud, he was a very solid safety for the Steelers at a bargain price.

From this thread:http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232508&page=1&pp=15

I'm totally stealing this from Cold, Hard, Football Facts.com

" Only the 1995 team made the Super Bowl, where it lost to Dallas, 27-17. Pittsburgh has also lost – famously now – four AFC title games at home, two to New England, one to Denver and one to San Diego.Cowher’s Steelers are a collective 8-9 in the playoffs in 13 seasons. For a little perspective, New England has more playoff victories since 2001 (nine) than Pittsburgh has since 1992 (eight).

It’s even worse for the Steelers when we dig inside the numbers: Almost all of Pittsburgh’s playoff success has come against borderline playoff teams. In the Cowher Era postseason, Pittsburgh is:

2-7 against division winners

6-2 against wild-card teams

1-9 against teams that went 11-5 or better in the regular season

7-0 against teams that went 10-6 or 9-7 in the regular season"

He can beat teams that barely made the playoffs but can't put away good teams.

And like others have said it's a complete offensive, defensive and coaching overhaul. We would be looking at 2-4 seasons of piss poor football.

Cowher had high personnel tunrover because he's a **** who's hard to get along with and no one wanted to play with him. Players that he stuck by for too long inlcude the mediocre Tommy Maddox and the fumble prone Jerome Bettis. His eye for talent gives way to his stubborn adherence to archaic football methods. He'll destroy this team in an effort to turn it into a run first, run later snail of a franchise. By the time he actually gets personnel that could make a run, he will have long since been fired for countless losing seasons.

Bill Cowher 1) doesn't run any system but the one he wants and 2) is terrible at personnel. Prepare yourselves for a dark year next year if he's hired.

All I can do is laugh at the claims of "terrible at personnel". The skins are friggin terrible at personnel. Cowher was a consistent winner the skins have clawed back from the dead 2 out of 4 years. Cowher would be an instant upgrade in player moves.

All I can do is laugh at the claims of "terrible at personnel". The skins are friggin terrible at personnel. Cowher was a consistent winner the skins have clawed back from the dead 2 out of 4 years. Cowher would be an instant upgrade in player moves.

To be a consistent winner, you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY. Cowher was a consistent *******, and that was about the only thing he did consistently.

To be a consistent winner, you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY. Cowher was a consistent *******, and that was about the only thing he did consistently.

How much crack are you smoking?

From another thread:

2006 8-8

2005 11-5

2004 15-1

2003 6-10

2002 10-5-1

2001 13-3

2000 9-7

1999 6-10

1998 7-9

1997 11-5

1996 10-6

1995 11-5

1994 12-4

1993 9-7

1992 11-5

15 seasons. 11 winning seasons. Nine 10 win seasons. 1 super bowl win. Multiple AFC Champ appearances.

That's consistent winning.

Wow, alot of you really don't know Cowher or the Steelers. Try working for the Rooneys, one of the tightest wallets in the NFL. Cowher had to deal with mediocre talent and high personnel turnovers because the Rooneys didn't want to pay anyone to stay.

Gregg Williams was 17-31 as the Bills' coach, and was fired after a 6-10 record in the 2003 season. I realize we are a what have you done for me lately society but being 30th last year in defense and adding a couple of older vets this year to finish in the top 10 are a temporary fix. ( I blame GW for not drafting a pass rusher the past 4 years) It will take a difference in philosophy to keep this team on the right path. We can't continue with temp fixes.

While I agree JC needs Al to stick around, It's time to move on in other areas.

Archived