Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Leon (ST's cousin)

DirtySkin21

Did this kid even see the field once at saftey this year?

Nah he didnt ... as you can tell by name im a big nole fan.

He went to the same high school (Gulliver Prep) and also wears the same number as Taylor did in college (26.)

The knock on Leon is that he hasn't played a lot of football and is still learning to play the game.

At FSU we have been waiting for this kid to play football because we are weak at his position and he could really be big time along side of Myron Rolle (other safety.)

Im hoping he sees the field in the spring game this year and that maybe next year he will start to be in the rotation.

By junior year if he is starting we should definitely keep our eye on him.

Coming out of high school he was a four-star according to Rivals.com

At FSU we have been waiting for this kid to play football because we are weak at his position and he could really be big time along side of Myron Rolle (other safety.)
now myron rolle. that kid has some potential. he got a lot of respect from me for graduating early and getting down there to help with recruiting. as well as what his major is...pre-med i think. kid has a good head on his shoulders.

and thats saying something since i cant stand FSU. :D

• 1 month later...
I heard about this guy too. Heard he is a beast, like his cuz. Definitely should be interesting to see how he'll develop.

the kid is 6'4'' and 225lbs, I think we should keep our eye on how this dude develops because if you read his bio, it says he can hit like a linebacker but has speed like a corner..

I think having a 6'4'' safety that can hit like a linebacker would scare the PISS out of WR. PLUS look what kinda pedigree this kid has, he's ST's cousin.

He turned down Miami, and a bunch of other big name schools.

Reed can keep that spot warm until this guy hits the draft board for us :-) ( if he develops well and is ANYTHING like his cousin.) He also wears the same number his cousin did in miami, #26.

the kid is 6'4'' and 225lbs, I think we should keep our eye on how this dude develops because if you read his bio, it says he can hit like a linebacker but has speed like a corner..

I think having a 6'4'' safety that can hit like a linebacker would scare the PISS out of WR. PLUS look what kinda pedigree this kid has, he's ST's cousin.

Reed can keep that spot warm until this guy hits the draft board for us :-) ( if he develops well and is ANYTHING like his cousin.) He also wears the same number his cousin did in miami, #26.

It's too bad Sean never had a son with Jackie Garcia.

I was looking at Sean's wikipedia, and it had a link to Miami's athletic page, but it was for women's soccer and Garcia was a starter for the Canes.

Sean's daughter is going to be some kind of athlete though, thats for sure.

One of the most physically gifted people to every play in the NFL for a dad, and a mom who played collegiate soccer at a high level for four years.

Sounds like Madden superstar to me.

You do realize he was talking about a few years down the line and not this year right?

Man I wish people would get off this auto "we need dl" answer to every question. :doh:

Don't you know anything? Drafting a DE in the 1st round = all problems solved. Can't score a TD in the red zone? Draft a DE. Can't protect your QB? Draft a DE.

Drafting a DE is a great idea, but stfu about it already. Its a great idea, but not THE idea.

BTW fwo40, I'm being sarcastic in the 1st paragraph. I'm in complete agreement with you.

]']Don't you know anything? Drafting a DE in the 1st round = all problems solved. Can't score a TD in the red zone? Draft a DE. Can't protect your QB? Draft a DE.

Drafting a DE is a great idea' date=' but stfu about it already. Its a great idea, but not THE idea.[/quote']

hahaha you always get me on your sarcasm, i really cant tell most of the time:laugh:

It's too bad Sean never had a son with Jackie Garcia.

I was looking at Sean's wikipedia, and it had a link to Miami's athletic page, but it was for women's soccer and Garcia was a starter for the Canes.

Sean's daughter is going to be some kind of athlete though, thats for sure.

One of the most physically gifted people to every play in the NFL for a dad, and a mom who played collegiate soccer at a high level for four years.

Sounds like Madden superstar to me.

yeah I know, if they would have had a son that would have been awesome but jackie never started for the canes, she quit atthe begining or end of the 05 season, and thats right when they got pregnant...she was never a starter but she was a great athelete. and she didnt play for four years in college, only like 1 and a half..

Is Florida State not a big name school for collegiate football?

He has to earn his way on to the field but I have been patiently waiting for him. I really hope the day comes where Leon steps on the field.

When the Noles signed Leon and Skins had ST I had visions of the two playing for my favorite teams, respectively.

He has to earn his way on to the field but I have been patiently waiting for him. I really hope the day comes where Leon steps on the field.

When the Noles signed Leon and Skins had ST I had visions of the two playing for my favorite teams, respectively.

no, im just saying he turned down the school his fam went and excelled at, plus didnt the noles get caught fot cheating or something?

6'4'' 225lbs is huge, and they say he can fly and hit like a LB...money

no, im just saying he turned down the school his fam went and excelled at, plus didnt the noles get caught fot cheating or something?
And that has nothing to do with FSU still not being considered a "top school" for whatever reason in your previous post...

the bottom line is, with the current state of FSU's safety play, if Leon can't see the field in the very near future, he's more than likely all hype with no actual substance...FSU's safety play is pretty mediocre at the moment, so he'll certainly have his opportunity to try and see the field soon.

Lets clear some things up:

1) The guy is a backup. He hasnt shown anything last season. He barely received some snaps.

2) He will have to move to linebacker at the next level.

3) He doesnt have "cornerback speed". For a safety he is slow. There is no way he's gonna be a safety at the next level. He doesnt have the top end speed to cover wideouts deep nor does he have the quickness to cover slot receivers on a regular basis.

Stop with the stupid Taylor comparisons. Just because the guy knows somebody that might have talked to Taylor about football 10 years ago does not mean he will turn into Taylor.

The hookers in Atlantic City are overrated. Go to Vegas or Amsterdam. Besides, it is legal in those parts. Where as AC is not. :silly:
Let's just a mirror in his face now and throw him in a chintzy hotel room in Atlantic City with some hookers. End all the pre-game.
:D I should have played more football.:D

By the way, I wonder if they will change the gender rules by the time Seans daughter grows up, we could lock her up now. Championship!

Archived